“New sheets in Tuscany tower are awful” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peppermill Resort Spa Casino

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Discovery Bay, California
“New sheets in Tuscany tower are awful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

One of are favorite things about the Peppermill is the comfort of the bedding that matches the 4 diamond rating. But a few weeks ago when we got in bed my husband says what is wrong with the sheets they are so rough, we tossed an turned all night. We are there about 15 times a year so we noticed right away the difference. So the next day I called and talked to a manager and asked if they had new sheets she said yes. I asked if we could get the older sheets but they didn't know if they had been sent out yet, she did find some so the rest of are stay was good. My ? Is who ever ordered them and for the top management I would ask you to take them home and you try them out .We are getting ready for a week visit with our family and I'm wondering if I should bring my own sheets. Please bring back the comfortable sheets. I would also like to know why on the night the edge is open why there isn't more security? I asked this because the doors we all come in to check in , valet parking and the escalators to get to are rooms are where all the young people who have had a lot to drink is a space we all have to share. I was there when the fight with about 6 men broke out months ago by the gift shop and ended in the casino floor, players tried to break it up because there was no security around it took over 4 minutes until they arrived . Why isn't there extra security by the entrance doors we all have share, like the Vegas casinos . In fact it was a Friday night and you had family's with children coming in the doors where the fight was. Love the Peppermill but I have to be honest I don't feel very safe in the casino. You might want to hang out and watch for your selfs what goes on From might night till 4am. A lot if other players( women) feel this way too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
Green Features: The staff around the Peppermill are great people. VIP is a great group they make feel at home.its a little warm in VIP need the air on.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to the Peppermill. We appreciate your feedback and I want to apologize that on your most recent visit, the sheets on your bed were not as comfortable as you have been accustomed to in past stays. However, I am happy to hear that our team was able to find you a set of our older sheets that provided you with a comfortable night’s sleep for the remainder of your visit.

The safety of our guests is our top priority and our Security Team works extremely hard to ensure that all incidents involving the safety of our guests is taken care of immediately. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not feel safe in our resort and I apologize for the altercation that took place during your stay as well.

When you have a free moment, I would like the opportunity to speak with you and gather additional information regarding your experience. Your insight helps us to learn from our shortcomings so that we can work to improve our service and quality levels for all our guests. I have sent you a private message through Trip Advisor with the best way to contact me.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to having you back at the Peppermill in the near future.

Scott Evans
Executive Director of Service Excellence

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,896)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lincoln, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is the best resort I have ever stayed at in the Reno and/or Las Vegas areas. The Tuscany Tower rooms/suites are amazing! The resort was extremely clean and had plenty of great eats! I highly recommend this resort to anyone looking to get away with adults or with their children.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Tuscany Tower suite and it was absolutely fantastic. Beds were extremely comfortable...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Antioch, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

How refreshing to find a place in Reno that's not the least bit run down or depressing.. Believe it or not it kinda feels like you're in Vegas. Very, very classy place. Steakhouse was awesome and was very affordable. The rooms are gorgeous, I particularly noticed that the water quality was great, and surprisingly the slots didn't seem to be too tight.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kelly M
Sparks, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My daughter Lori came to Nevada to visit with me, and stayed at The Peppermill Hotel. While here, we ate , played the slots, and I spent the last night of her visit overnight here. What a beautiful room! And the bed was so comfortable. I can't say enough about the buffet there was so many different foods. Best buffet I ever ate at, and I have been back for more of it. The variety of choices was endless, from the seafoods to the red meats, to the fruits and salads. I would highly recommend the Peppermill to my friends and family!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Chico, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The rooms were top notch again. Always enjoy the Tuscany Tower rooms and their spacious bathrooms. Due to the holiday weekend, we had to move to the Peppermill Tower for the 2nd night. We had never stayed in that Tower and what a pleasant surprise. The room was nice although the bathrooms were not nearly as nice as those in the Tuscany Tower. Valet and Bell service was great as well as the front desk. My only complaint would be the pool bartender that day, trying to serve me a drink without then right ingredients. Would still return for a visit.

Room Tip: Either tower is nice. The Tuscany Tower bathrooms are hard to beat!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Martha U
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

After a long trip back East with family, we were ready for a little get-a-way for just the two of us. We chose the Peppermill Resort. It was a great place to relax and enjoy just being a couple again. We stayed in the Tuscan Tower because the rooms are so fantastic. Large room with a king bed overlooking the pool. We had wonderful meals at Biscotti's and Café Milano. We also just had deli sandwiches from the Sports Deli in the room. Everything went perfect. Of course we had a lot of fun gaming as well. We'll be back again soon.

Room Tip: We prefer the Tuscan Tower. It is quiet with big rooms.
Green Features: I have played in a lot of casinos around the country. The Peppermill is far less smoky than any of the smoking casinos. They have state of the art air exchange systems to keep the air reasonable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
San Leandro, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Peppermill Resort Spa Casino has a good central location in Reno for visiting family and enjoying local attractions. It also has easy access to Carson City and North Lake Tahoe. We stay in the older section as they have great handicap rooms with lots of space for the wheelchair. We have also enjoyed the newer Tuscan Tower, but like the central access of the older area better. The food is good, with senior pricing in the café, but the specialty restaurants are a bit pricy for our budget. In the casino area, I can access most of the machines from my wheelchair, but a number of the machines have the loyalty card access too high for my reach. They are expanding the no smoking section of the casino, but the ventilation is good enough in most of the building to play any machine. The Spa is very nice, and we especially enjoyed the indoor pool, as that avoids thunderstorms and too much sun for my husband's fair skin. A mandatory, daily resort fee is required and covers only your basics; parking and Wi-Fi, not the spa daily use fee.

Room Tip: Central tower gives direct access to the casino area. If do a Spa vacation, definitely pre-reserve t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to the Peppermill. We want all of our guests to have a Five Star experience while they are here and our team works extremely hard to ensure that all of our guests are well taken care of. We value your feedback and I am happy to hear that during your visits, you and your husband find the comfort and space of your accommodations to be suitable to your needs and expectations.

It is great to hear that you have had the opportunity to not only dine at our resort, but experience our very popular Spa Toscana as well. Many of our guests love the indoor pool and Caldarium and I hope that you were able to receive a massage treatment as well.

Once again, thank you for your great feedback and we hope to see you back at the Peppermill in the near future.

Scott Evans