“The greatest staff ever!”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were recently spent 2 wonderful nights at the Peppermill. I realized when I got home and unpacked that I was missing 3 items. I immediately called the hotel and talked with security, the front desk and housekeeping. I could not believe the response and help I received locating these items. They not only located the items but packed them and shipped them at their expense.
I would like to personally thank housekeeping manager Marie but also Julie head of security. They renewed my faith in honesty. Thanks all the staff! Our stay was wonderful from checking in to checking out!

Room Tip: I really don't think there's any bad rooms everyone raved about their room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The door locks are not safe. We brought this to the Staff's attention upon check-in but they were not responsive to our safety concerns or any of our concerns for that matter. I asked to speak to the GM but was told he wasn't available.

We video taped how easy it was to open the door of our room with a credit card:

11  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Hotel W wing hotel rooms are just like motel room facing the outside street. They even get me a room with just 2 meter away from street. People is waling and taking outside of your windows. From ground level to level one, No elevator just stairs.

The room is NOT CLEAN and Wear out. The Wifi is SLOW SLOW

Room Tip: If you want a clean room with fair price, try Nugget, Only $39, I paid near $100 for Peppermill . Nu...
3  Thank Hsinchu Z
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to the Peppermill. I want to apologize that your accommodations in our West Wing did not meet your expectations. Our West Wing is part of the original Peppermill Tower and typically, the rooms are geared towards more economical pricing or if guests would like the ease of having their cars parked in close proximity to the room.

Our Housekeeping Team works incredibly hard to maintain the cleanliness and quality of our entire property, especially the rooms. I apologize that in regards to the quality of your room, we seemed to have fallen short of our high standards. I am also very sorry that during your visit the internet speed was not running at its full potential. We offer free WiFi throughout our entire resort and up to 30 mbps to anyone who is a guest in our hotel. This is the fastest download speed that is offered anywhere in this type of environment. We have also added multiple signal boosting antennas throughout the property to ensure that our signal does not have any weak spots.

If possible, I would like the opportunity to speak with you and gather additional information regarding your experience. Your insight is very valuable to us and allows us to recognize the areas where we can work to improve our quality for all our guests. I have sent you a private message through Trip Advisor with the best way to contact me.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Scott Evans
Executive Director of Service Excellence

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Peppermill is a great place to stay. Everything in one place. Slots and tables fun to play. Spa is a great way to spend the day and relax. Roomer were cleaned and nice. Stayed in the Tucany Tower and those room are the best. I Had great food and fab time. Can't wait for next visit.

Room Tip: When you see the room service folks say hello to them. They were always polite and had a smile.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I usually do not travel in the summer as I hate crowds. However, I needed a few days to relax and get some well needed sleep. The Tuscany Suite at the Peppermill was perfect. You can pre-order your breakfast and pick the time for delivery to your fabulous room. At the pool my cocktail waitress was instructed (by me) to keep the cold, sweet girly drinks coming...she did. Loved it. The pool area is large enough for me to escape all the little kiddies and carve out a semi-adult section. My children are 13 to 23 and this was my fist vacation that I could just shut my eyes and relax. Thanks to all my needs being met, I did just that.

Room Tip: the in room hot tub is wonderful, I keep the ice bucket and my favorite beverage handy so I can stay...
3  Thank MissDayle
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed in the Tuscany Tower on third floor..that's all the higher the veranda rooms go, so if you want a higher room there will be no balcony to sit out on. We requested a pool view but were told none available even though I requested a couple months ahead...if course, I could move the next day to get that but who wants yo move after being settled in for a day? Whist a hassle. The suite is very nice, clean, updated and large bathroom with jetted tub large enough for two. Very good staff, accommodating and courteous. Would stay here again definitely as it did not smell of smoke anywhere we went. Third floor is nonsmoking floor, too.

Room Tip: Odd number tower suite rooms face pool..others a garden or freeway view.
1  Thank Travel4GolfAnywhere
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We appreciate all of the feedback that we receive from our guest so thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to the Peppermill. Our Tuscany Tower is very popular among our guests and it is great to hear that you enjoyed your room.

I do apologize that you were unable to receive the room type that you had requested when making your reservations. We have a highly skilled and professional Hotel team who takes all of these reservations everyday and does their absolute best to ensure that everyone receives the room type they originally requested. Unfortunately, there are times that, due to our high occupancy, these requests cannot be granted.

We are very proud of the service levels that our employees provide on a daily basis, so I am happy to see that you received exceptional hospitality during your visit.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Pepermill in the near future.

Scott Evans
Executive Director of Service Excellence

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have been going to the Peppermill for over 25 years. We've watched it grow ever more exciting thru the years. Their latest updating of the original hotel equals the Tuscan Tower luxurious ambience. We've eaten at every restaurant, enjoyed their pools and the day spa is wonderful. Swedish massage, intense massage, sacred stone massage: all are sublime. And the facials leave your skin soft for two weeks +. Entertainment is excellent; we recently saw Kelly Pickler perform. Staff is always polite, responding to your every want. My husband's favorite restaurant is Bimini's, with Romanza a close second.

Room Tip: Depending on your mood, you can have a view of the mountains or interior courtyard (pool & caban...
2  Thank Rita F