“UPGRADE TO TUSCANY TOWER”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Hello Jerome at the Reservation desk!! You were amazing to get us such a fabulous upgrade! Thank you so much! We appreciate your kind and excellent customer service. You explained the difference in the category of buildings, rooms and suites and when we decided to upgrade for a minimal amount, you put us in a fantastic Tuscany Tower suite. It was worth every penny!!! I tried to find you when we checked out to thank you in person! You are exceptional in your friendliness and genuine interest in assisting us and making sure we got rooms that would give us the best possible memories! And when my traveling companion became ill, Art Moon from Security met us in less than 5 minutes with a wheelchair to help us to the room. Thank you, Art. Then when we were printing our boarding passes, Alexander Beech from Concierge desk cheerfully and professionally assisted us. At breakfast at fantastic Biscotti's Mark Smith served us. We were so well treated, and the breafast was delicious and very ample portions! It was nice to be able to replace bread with lovely fruit cup. Everyone we met at the Peppermill was very accommodating - right down to bringing me sugar syrup to add to my southern style iced tea for breakfast! Staying at the Peppermill has been one of our best short trips ever! So, starting with the magnificent ambiance of the resort, then having such amazing service from all of these gentlemen, our trip was great! When beautiful surroundings and kindness meet, the results are wonderful memories! The room itself was T709, and so worth the upgrade price! It was one of the most elegant rooms we have ever stayed in with its 2 king beds, table and comfortable chairs in the bay window, the room was still large and the bathroom was very, very spacious and elegant. I liked having the double sink granite countertops and the gorgeous paintings of Italian style scenes. EVERYTHING was memorable! The shower with the double shower heads was incredibly relaxing. The quality of the linens was very luxurious and there were enough towels and amenities that we didn't have to request anything. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud! The nice fresh bedding and pillows, also. The pool area is well maintained and immaculate and far more spacious and beautiful than most. Great attention to detail. The cabana rooms were very nice and quite spacious. Biscotti's had wonderful food, I had the french dip prime rib sandwich on sour dough roll - heavenly!! I can't think of one thing about the stay that was not excellent! It is a huge resort and the way the valet parking is totally undercover was really nice and the landmark for finding our way around. The parking garage was convenient with elevators and walkovers, so once in the garage there was no need to go outside again. I highly recommend the resort, but if you book on Orbitz or some other online discount website, you will get the lower priced "Travel lodge" style room. Just book and plan to upgrade for the experience I am referring to!

Room Tip: Choose Tuscany Tower and ask for a pool view. Fantastic!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank travltnk
Write a ReviewReviews (11,064)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My son recently was married in Reno and I, along with most of the guests, stayed at the Peppermill. It was a great choice in just about every way. From the car valet service to the check-in and check-out it was all very efficient. They have electronic kiosks to aid both and avoid long waits and lines. We had lunch in one of the restaurants and a fabulous Sunday brunch at the Island buffet. We got some relaxation time in at the beautiful pool. Most importantly the rooms were great and very affordable in the north wing, where we stayed. So, the Peppermill lived up to its reputation.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are nice. The cheaper rooms in the north wing were quite nice! It'...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Recently stayed at the Peppermill for a Trade show. It is a beautifully decorated largish resort hotel. I was delighted by my room which was clean, spacious and quite luxurious; I stayed in the Tuscan Tower. The suite had a king bed, gigantic bathroom with jetted soaking tub and a separate sitting area. It was reasonably priced at $129 per night plus 15$ resort fee. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Business center was run by Ami who was super helpful and very personable and professional. Check in was a breeze and during check out I had one minor mini bar error on my bill and the charge was removed with no question. The casino was large and offered many gaming options and non smoking areas. The pool was pretty although I had no time to enjoy it. Dined one evening at Oceana and found it reasonably priced with excellent service and delicious food. I had the wood plank cooked salmon salad and a diver scallop appetizer. The resort is conveniently located near the airport with a complementary shuttle. I would highly recommend this property based on my experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have stayed here a numerous times, and are never disappointed! We have been able to stay in the Tuscany Towers, and what a treat! The rooms are beautiful, comfortable, and very spacious; beds so comfortable! We have never had a bad meal in any of the restaurants we have eaten at in the Peppermill. The Sports Bar sandwiches are to die for; the Reuben is the best! Like any other Casino, don't come here expecting to win big bucks! You should be coming here for the beautiful hotel, it's amenities, and all the cool things Reno has to offer! Don't forget a trip up to Virginia City, or Lake Tahoe!

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade...you never know! Rooms facing Mountains have awesome morning, and evening vi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to the Peppermill. We love to hear when our guests have had a great experience at our resort and we are pleased to consider you loyal guests!

It is great to hear that you enjoy staying in our beautiful and very popular Tuscany Tower while you are here. We frequently receive positive feedback from our guests regarding the comfortable amenities and luxurious décor of the rooms. I am also happy to see that you always have a fantastic dining experience at our award winning restaurants as well.

Thank you again for your excellent feedback and we can’t wait to welcome you back to the Peppermill in the near future.

Scott Evans
Executive Director of Service Excellence

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Although I have stayed at the Peppermill on many occasions, my most recent stay, 8/3-8/9/14 was,
uncharacteristically disappointing. There were several housekeeping issues and some concerns over pool policies and hotel offers. I addressed this to the front desk after returning home and was treated with every possible consideration. Josh, the front desk employee who took my call was courteous, apologetic and accommodating. He did everything he possibly could to make amends for the issues and then escalated my concerns to the hotel manager, David Fuller. David was professional and equally concerned. He addressed each issue and offered me compensation in the form of a free stay or credit. He was the epitome of what one could possibly expect and has restored my faith in customer service. He and his staff at the Peppermill should be held up as an example to others in the industry. I have stayed at the Peppermill in the past because it is a modern and beautiful hotel with many amenities. I will continue to stay there for the ambiance and most especially for the service and employees. I would recommend the Peppermill to anyone visiting the Reno area.

Room Tip: Father away from the elevator banks is best and the Peppermill tower is worth the price.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I stayed there during our honeymoon and were not disappointed! Nice, clean room, friendly staff, awesome casino, and it's close to downtown, shopping, and eating. Room service is pricey, but the food is good. Pools and spa are awesome! Fun arcade room! Great family resort!

Room Tip: Make sure it's at a location where you won't have to walk around a lot to find it, as our ro...
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A pleasant surprise for a casino in Reno. A very well run hotel, excellent staff and facilities are keeping up with the inevitable wear and tear of families, gamblers, and business travelers. The Oceana Sushi was quite good with apparently enough turnover to keep a good supply of fresh sashimi--even very good eel nigiri, my favorite . The pool, spa, and fitness center were also quite good and my wife was very impressed with the Spa and staff. A very pleasant stay even if they need to dial back on the faux Italian a bit. This is Reno, after all.