“Ahhhhh Spa Toscana!”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

For my birthday I decided to spend a day at Spa Toscana at the Peppermill here in Reno, NV. First of all, it's GORGEOUS! The entire staff was amazing and so helpful. When I checked in at 10 a.m. I was assigned my personal spa attendant....she made sure to find me to insure that I would be at my treatments on time. There are 3 levels to the spa...one level is the locker areas that are separate for men and women that include jacuzzi, polar plunge, dry and wet saunas, showers, dressing areas complete with all amenties plus snacks, beverages, robes and sandals. On the next level there is the Caldarium featuring indoor pool, sun deck and Secret Garden. "Natural light, soothing baths, cascading waterfalls and peaceful sanctuaries set the tone for a spa journey focusing on holistic rejuvenation and renewal." Can you say FABULOUS? You can order food and cocktails on this level....I recommend the Peach cocktail, created especially for the spa. YUMMO! Finally, there is the treatment level....heavenly...with the relaxing overstuffed chairs, music and subdued lighting. I highly recommend the Cherries Jubilee facial and the Pumpkin Wrap....
I left the spa at 4:00pm that day feeling absolutely BLISSED OUT! My skin was radiant and my soul rejuvenated. I felt I had been on vacation for a week and it took only one day at Spa Toscana. Bravo Peppermill for creating such an awesome experience!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank karen c

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I reserved 3 separate rooms and had to call back 4 times to straighten out the individual reservation. Had trouble getting email confirmations. Requested crib for one room and was told that couldn't guarantee it until arrival. Stayed in older tower; room was okay but smelled of smoke in non-smoking section. Hallways were littered with spillage, beer bottles, room service trays. Restaurant service very slow. Pool area had trash blowing around & used towels piled up. Line to check in was at least 40 people long. Guests were very loud at night in halls. Casinos aren't my thing, but I expected a bit more from "Reno's best".

Room Tip: Apparently the Tuscany wing is the place to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank patricia p
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to the Peppermill. I am very sorry that your visit was disappointing and not up to your anticipated expectations. As a AAA Four Diamond resort, we take great pride in delivering exceptional service and quality on a daily basis. We want all of our guests to have a positive experience and I apologize that during your visit, we did not live up to our high standards.

I am sorry to see that the cleanliness of your room and surrounding areas was not a reflection of the quality levels that our Housekeeping Team works hard to maintain and I want to offer my apologies that your experience at our dining outlets and Front Desk was unpleasant as well.

I would love the chance to speak with you and personally apologize for the issues and frustrations you encountered during your stay. We are constantly striving to improve our service and quality standards so that we can provide our guests with a spectacular experience. I have sent you a private message through Trip Advisor with the best way to contact me.

Thank you again for giving us your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My daughter and her family booked two rooms for us for one night at The Peppermill so we could spend some quality time together. She lives in Reno and I live in Sacramento, so it was a little "staycation". We had a great time! The grand kids and I spent time in the Arcade while my daughter and her husband did some gambling...we swam in the pools in the evening and the next morning. The beds were comfortable and I loved the continuous travel scenes playing on the TV. The only thing I would change would be the way the mini bar is set up....Way too easy for kids to remove items and not put them back in the 45 seconds that you have before you are charged.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a golf weekend and the room had a large sitting area with a nice, luxurious feel.

The casino has a nice feel with an easy to navigate layout.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a expensive feel for a reasonable price.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This is an interesting property has some features of a Las Vegas mega casino. Some of it is obviously just wrong and cheapens the hotel. The food fails to be impressive, at least in a positive way. Casino dark and dreary, yet incredible videos of magnificent travel locations through out the world. We got a ticket for parking in special parking for big losers. Impressive.
Return? Gaming and travel videos only, not to stay.
Recommend? See above.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Journeyman644
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed just for one night so booked the cheaper north wing area. The rooms were small but nicely decorated and clean. Hotel is nice and the little I saw of the other rooms by the pool they looked very nice and spacious. I gave the overall rating very good based on look/feel and price however if I were to rate some particulars that happened to us I would give it a poor rating. First we had to wait close to 1/2 hour to check in (they offer online check in which I would recommend which unfortunately we didn't use because I didn't think we would need to on a Sunday afternoon). Next our room smelled of smoke even though it was a none smoking room though I can't fully blame the hotel when their guests don't follow the rules but the hotel could have done a better job of airing out the room prior to giving it to other guests. The other negative is the buffet, most items had absolutely no flavor and we only ate very few items plus decor was outdated and not clean. Our biggest issue was that at 8am the housekeeping was obnoxiously loud outside our room including the main housekeeper who had a walkie talkie and it kept going off every few minutes. Our room was near a few stairs and instead of picking up the vacum they dragged it up the steps making even more noise. since we couldn't sleep anyway and stepped out of our room thinking they would quite down but instead continued to talk/laugh and my husband who understands spanish said they were using foul language. Even after seeing us they had no regard to those who were still sleeping it was as though they were purposely trying to wake the guests up. We asked for a late check out to allow us to rest after they finished cleaning in our area and even though we explained the situation to the front desk they wouldn't budge on giving us more then just one extra hour. Dealers in the casino were all very nice. Drink service was good. We didn't like the slots at all very different then the kind we typically see in tahoe casino's. Basically a nice hotel but possibly don't always have the best customer service (at least we didn't experience it!) and stay away from the buffet.

Room Tip: Don't get room in the north wing unless your looking for a bargain.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank amazlu
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

We appreciate all of the feedback that we receive from our guests, so thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to the Peppermill.

I am glad to hear that you found the decor and cleanliness of your accommodations to be up to your expectations, however I do apologize for the lingering smell of smoke in your room. Our Housekeeping Team works very hard to ensure that each room is thoroughly cleaned and eliminated of any residual smoke and I am sorry that we fell short of our high standards. We do offer individual air purifiers that can be brought up to the room if a guest specifically requests. This may be a great option for you in the future.

I want to also apologize for your less than perfect dining experience the Island Buffet, as well as the noise disruption from our Housekeeping Team. We take great pride in the quality of our property, as well as the service levels our employees provide on a daily basis and I am truly sorry that you did not have an exceptional experience.

When you have a free moment, I would love the chance to speak with you and gather additional information regarding your experience. Your insight helps us to further improve our quality and service levels for all our guests. I have sent you a private message through Yelp with the best way to contact me.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed at the Peppermill for hot August nights and paid over $300 for our room. When we reserved the room, we were offered a "deluxe" tower for only $30.00 more, we thought it was a good deal so we booked the "deluxe" tower. Our room was on the small side and had a view of air conditioning units. The phone on the night stand was broken, leaving us to call the front desk from the bathroom. The TV would not turn on, someone from their IT department had to come to our room to fix the problem, and there was red marks all over the ceiling. The front desk credited us $25 in food and beverages for the issues we had with our room.
We went to the pool on our last day planning to use the credit. The server was EXTREMELY rude. As she was passing the area we were sitting in we asked if we could place an order, she responded without even stopping and looking at us "you're going to have to wait". 20 minuets later she comes to take our order. We placed our order and told her we would like to use the credit towards the bill, she then said "I don't deal with credits, you're going to have to go to the front desk to order." We then called the front desk and were told that the server could apply our credit to the bill, she just had to call them to apply it. When we finally got the servers attention again and explained what the front desk said, she still insisted that she could not apply credit. At that time we asked to speak with a manager. 45 min later she comes over with the food we ordered saying that she called the front desk and was able to apply the credit, with extreme attitude and displeasure that we inconvienenced her. A manager never came out to see us either.
After our stay I emailed the peppermill about the issues that we had with our stay. I did receive a voicemail the same day, however I have since left two voicemails returning the call and still have not heard anything back.
For the price of our stay I would never return.

• Stayed: August 2014
12  Thank LindseyMari

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to the Peppermill. We want all of our guests to feel at home at our resort and we place great emphasis on delivering exceptional service on a daily basis. I am very disappointed to learn that your recent experience at our resort did not exceed your desired expectations.

I want to apologize for the issues you experienced with your room and I am truly sorry to hear that the service you received from one of our pool employees was less than hospitable.This level of service is not a reflection of the service standards that we set for all of our team members and I am also very sorry that you have been unable to get in contact with someone regarding these issues.

If possible, I would love the opportunity to speak with you and personally apologize for your disappointing experience. We are continually working to improve our quality and service levels and we truly value your feedback. I have sent you a private message through Trip Advisor with the best way to contact me.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to speaking with you soon.