“First time at a Homewood Suites- great value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno

Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Sacramento, California
“First time at a Homewood Suites- great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

You get a lot of hotel for the money. The Suite was clean, well supplied with Neutragena products. Great place if you are doing an extended stay, and/or even for one evening. The hotel is conveniently located near freeways, and resraurants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Ellen K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you want a no hassle, quiet stay, this is the place. Homewood Suites really make you feel at Home. The free breakfasts are great with a good quality of healthy foods. The free dinners taste homemade. I will definately look for Homewood Suites everywhere I go.

1 Thank Darinda M
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I usually stay in Homewoods when traveling with the family. We like having the separated living and sleeping areas which is essential with kids, and the kitchenette as we often like to take in food for the room. The breakfasts are also to our kids' liking, and included in the (very reasonable) room price - a big difference for a family of four.

This is my second time in this Homewood property. I spent a long weekend with my son in June. Our experience was superb. This is perhaps the best run Homewood I have stayed in (I have stayed in perhaps 10 or so). The room and public areas are very clean. I had a small maintenance issue (creaking doors) and that got taken care of in a jiffy after I let the front desk know. I usually don't leave tips for room cleaners was but compelled to do so this time because the room was in such great shape. We did not use the pool this time, but last time we stayed it was very well taken care of indoor pool. Breakfast room was very well attended, with your standard Homewood fare (including waffles on weekends!). The mini-shop was well-stocked with everything I needed, including a toothbrush, M&Ms and local microbrew beers. Location is easy to get to (well Reno is small so everything seems to be 10 minutes away) with lots of restaurants nearby (Check out Ijji 2 and Claim Jumper) and relatively quiet (althought there was a bit of highway noise in my room but didn't bother me).

This is definitely my go-to hotel for my Reno trips!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Idaho Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a nice place to stay away from smoking, drinking and gambling of the casinos. The roominess of the suite and the full kitchen was a delight. There is a nice park across the street with walking/jogging trails (Anderson Park/Bartley Ranch). There are fantastic shopping complexes (the Summit, Legends, Meadowood Mall) nearby. However, it is located in Reno, which has a dark side and sleazy people - the man in the room upstairs brought back some "live entertainment" that could be heard from my room. The breakfast servers were not helpful about answering questions whether the food items were gluten free. Even though food was provided, I ended up not eating many items because they didn't have ingredients lists from the packages available.

Room Tip: A first floor room would be preferable, because the elevator is slow.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Midway, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Amber needs to get a new job. Very rude and uncooperative. When we asked if our room was ready, she never looked up and said it would be better if we called before we came back. Came down again and this time she screwed up our reservations and we had to get re-keyed after going to our room and finding out that she didn't extend our stay.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Brian W
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I enjoyed my time at the Reno Homewood Suites. My room was excellent as was the staff. Each day breafast was prepared. The sellection of food was great as well. I spent some time in the pool, which was well maintained. My only issue was breakfast on the second day of my stay. For some reason we had no meat and just eggs.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

As former hotel corporate executive I am experienced with all type hotels throughout U.S. and internationally. I was very happy with our stay at this property. It is well maintained and judging from guest service, well managed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family