“Time for an Update”

Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Montreal, Canada
“Time for an Update”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Though my stay here was pleasant and comfortable, I do think this hotel could use an update. A refurbishment would make this a fabulous hotel. Alas, Reno as a whole is still reeling from the recession and such an idea will have to wait until the city rebounds. A couple of things to note for those considering a stay here. First, the hotel is located some distance away from all the action. Although it's a 10 minute walk, the road was rather dark in the evening and could be intimidating for some (I had no real issues but I did notice a dearth of pedestrian traffic). A taxi ride was about 10$. Second, the casino was really smokey. I returned to the hotel hoping to play a few games and have a few drinks but after a few minutes in there, I could not stand the stench. All in all I think this is not a bad hotel and I would not be opposed to staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Ryan D, Front Office Manager at Ramada Reno Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
I appreciate that you took the time to post your review of the Ramada Reno Hotel and Casino. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments related to the casino with their management team so they may be addressed. I am happy to report that the casino is looking at options to improve the air quality issue. We look forward to seeing you again! I am confident it will be another great experience and that we will exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We found a coupon for this hotel and were surprised to find that it was quite nice. It has a decent restaurant and a bar. Staff were very nice. Rooms were fine. There is a small casino in the building that is horribly smoke filled. You can get a coupon book from the casino, and do this early as there are coupons for discounts at the hotel bar and restaurant. Food in the restaurant is good. The casino has a few blackjack tables and slot machines, and it is one of the few places I have seen that still have $2 minimum bet tables--unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, there was no room, so I could not play. The surrounding neighborhood is a bit dicey, so I would not walk around the area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Ramada Reno Hotel and Casino. I am very pleased that you had a great stay with us! If you adventure through Reno again, we look forward to seeing you and to another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Reno
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The hotel is located off the beaten path;however, this added to quietness and comfort of my stay. When I arrived the desk made me feel as if I was the only guest they had. The dining staff was not only efficient their sense of humor made eating there a great comfort. This included the Chef, seater and server.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ryan D, Front Office Manager at Ramada Reno Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Ramada Reno Hotel and Casino. It was great to read about your experience with the staff and the hotel amenities! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip and to another opportunity to exceed your expectations!