“Fun Night Out, Nice Casino Floor, Comfy Room”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My best friend got us a room at the hotel for a night as a mini vacation for us both while I was visiting. She works in the calling center of the hotel and knows all the ins and outs of the casino and rooms.

HOTEL:
Our room had two queen beds, a nice large screen TV, and a beautiful view! Though Reno is certainly not one of my favourite cities, the view from the 13th floor at night, with the city all lit up, was absolutely gorgeous. The room was very nice, with plenty of space. I felt that everything was very clean, but my friend who was more picky found a small stain on one of the sheets. The bed was extremely comfortable, and so were the two arm chairs. I had no complaints about the room. The night we were staying there the TV was out most of the night and only came back in spurts. Though this was not the hotel's fault, it was extremely frustrating to have TV during our girls night and they did nothing to apologize or to compensate us for it.
The staff was very friendly. We had brought bottles of wine with us, but accidentally forgot a wine bottle opener. When we called down to room service they brought us a corkscrew with no questions asked and within five minutes of our call.

CASINO:
They casino floor was very beautiful, and as I found out they had recently replaced all of the lighting, which really made the difference in the ambiance. There was a large variety in games to choose from, and each area on the floor had its own vibe. We chose to sit very near to the bar at the computer gaming stations They offered 12-16 games like blackjack and keno with increments for bets from pennies to dollars. This was my first time gambling and I throughly enjoyed myself. The games were relatively simple to figure out. The cocktail waitresses that circled were very nice, although they came around too infrequently for us. The bartender, who I went straight to rather than wait on the waitresses, was very nice and very prompt and her drinks were pretty tasty. As someone who is very picky about her drinks, I was very pleased with the quality on the casino floor.

For a free night out, since my friend was treating, it was very fun. The building itself is beautiful. Their glass elevator is pretty fun to look out on the city. The casino was built in stages, so each tower has its own theme. I do think the casino is a bit pricey, but it also provided very good service and a fun night of gambling.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of your stay at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your overall stay. I hope you return for another pleasurable stay in the near future!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,108)

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Our family , 4 adults and 2 kids, enjoyed our stay at Atlantis. The indoor pool was great and there are enough restaurant options to make everyone happy. The first night we were unable to have an adjoining room, but on the second night they were able to give us an adjoining room. The Staff seemed very willing to do everything to make our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Perhaps we should have called early on the day we were to check in to have adjoining rooms blocked o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa for your recent visit to Reno. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed our restaurants, pool, and exceptional guest service. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Steakhouse is amazing so is the oyster bar, world class sushi. Weekends are very busy so go during the week if possible we do and been going there for the last twenty years. Do not forget to check out the spa also world class.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite however we have also stayed in the regular rooms and they are nice.
1  Thank billnsue007

Thank you for your wonderful comments and I look forward welcoming you back to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa very soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great hotel in a city where hotels can be really hit and miss. We stayed in the concierge tower, and I highly recommend that, gets you a faster check in lane. This also gives you a newer room, great views, and your own lounge. We watched a BCS game there, and it was awesome. The hotel has better than average restaurants, and compared to all the other Reno places we've stayed was by far the best.

2  Thank Tom G
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you recommending Atlantis Casino Resort Spa and our Concierge Tower to all travelers. I am elated that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa because of its high ratings on TripAdvisor for its lodging and spa. We were not disappointed. The room was spacious, comfortable and well appointed. The spa was FANTASTIC! The only thing to complain about was the cigarette smoke. It seemed like our non-smoking room was on a floor with smoking rooms? Or people were ignoring the fact it was a non-smoking section. Walking through the casino areas was difficult, too, because the cigarette smoke was so overwhelming. There is a TINY non-smoking slot machine area, but the smokers are right nearby. However the spa was so wonderful that we'll definitely make the Atlantis part of our next trip to Reno.

2  Thank Lalitoodle
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room and our award winning Spa. However, I am disappointed that the smoke smell was overwhelming for you. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is a great property! Unlike so many other "casinos" in places like Iowa or Colorado, this property offers some full pay video poker. Kudos to Atlantis for not taking advantage of players and offering a good gamble!

1  Thank Thomas B

Thank you for sharing your gaming experience and I hope you return to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa very soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I took full advantage of all of the amenities that the Atlantis has to offer. We ate at their fabulous buffet Toucan Charlie's, swam in the pool and used the spa. All of which were wonderful! Our room was spacious, comfortable and most importantly very clean. We would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a getaway.

1  Thank Dawn V

Thank you for your local support and recommending Atlantis Casino Resort Spa to our travelers. I look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future!