“HUGE BEAUTIFUL HOTEL AND CASINO”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 November 2010

It appears as though this hotel has done some upgrading. It is so beautiful and huge!!! I think they are expanding the parking lot outside where another part of the hotel use to be, they are tearing it down. The sushi bar upstairs on the cat walk to the elevators is awesome and this area of the casino is smoke free. You have everything you need in this luxury hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
atlantiscasino, Manager at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2011

We appreciate the comments about your visit to the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Yes, we no longer have the Motor Lodge in the back of the property, and have replaced it with more parking for our guests. We are continuing to upgrade and improve our amenities for our guests to experience and enjoy. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, especially the Sushi Bar on the Sky Terrace! We hope to see you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Reviewed 11 November 2010

We live in Reno but choose to stay at the Atlantis Resort for a Staycation, the Reno hotels are becoming of age and more modern, hip and trendy and Atlantis is no exception, this hotel has spent millions on modernization and upgrading.
We stayed this time in a newly redesigned Concierge Tower room, they are FABULOUS kudos to the designers because these rooms are as modern as you would find in any city with luxury hotels, yes, including Vegas. The room was spacious, the decor was very calming and modern. The beds were fantastic pillow tops with tons of pillows. The bathroom was all marble and granite and had a flat screen TV in it.
The main room also had a 42" HD TV. The view was the best part, we were on the 24th floor with a view of the city and it was breathtaking at night, we could see all the casinos, airport and far beyond, it was great. Most of the rooms at Atlantis are remodeled and beautiful, the Concierge rooms are the nicest you can book.
The rest of the property is being remodeled to match the room decor, I would assume in a couple years the entire property will be as if it was a brand new hotel, the rooms already seem that way and the property is catching up. Service was good everywhere we went, they do have beautiful pools and a spa beyond compare. When you come to Reno, take it from a local with experience in the market, Atlantis is THE place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2010

Thank you for sharing these great comments regarding your stay at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa! We know our guests and locals have other options to choose from, so we certainly appreciate your loyalty. Our hotel rooms and other areas of the property are currently being redesigned for our guests to experience and enjoy. We hope you will return soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Atlantis Resort for the very first time last week, The hotel is only 10 minutes away from the Reno airport. The hotel lobby check-in was fast and effcient. We had reservations for a room in the deluxe towers which included either twin queen beds or one full size king bed.

Upon entering our room we noticed that the room was decorated with a combination of old plus the new. Many of the rooms were re-decorated (updated). However, instead of getting rid of some of the old room doors and bathroom counter tops. They simply kept the existing furniture.

We upgraded to the concierge suite which gave us five square feet of addtional space and other amenities such as access, a private lounge, free continental breakfast, free internet access, free appetizers and bulter service if requested.

The Private lounge had a nice view of the city at night (25th floor). However, the free appetizers consisted of deep fried chicken pastries and coffee. Bottom line... the hotel was clean and worth the stay.

Food: They had a good variety of restaurants and the spa was great!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Videoman

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We are continuing to improve and upgrade our amenities throughout the property, which includes our hotel room accommodations. They are being redesigned with new artwork, furniture, flat screen TV’s, and other great amenities for our guests to experience and enjoy. We are happy to hear that you stayed in our lovely Concierge Tower, and enjoyed your visit to Spa Atlantis and the restaurants around the property! We hope you choose the Atlantis for your future travels to the Reno area!

Reviewed 8 November 2010

If you stay at the Atlantis becareful with your Credit Card. I booked a Colleague into this hotel for a 4 night stay and used my Company Credit card. I told them that under no circumstances should this card be used for Room Service, Gift Shop or Movies. It needs to be blocked! They said "No problem sir, we will make sure that does not happen" with a big smile on their face.

At check out there was a hundred dollars in room service and gift shop charges. I said why did this happen? "Sorry about that, we will take the charges off" with a big smile on their face.

I got the bill and the charges were still on there. Being local, I went back in and asked them what the deal was they said " Sorry, you are stuck with the charges" ignoring the fact that if they had done what they said they would do in the first place, none of this would have happened..

DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE. It isn't worth the hassle. Stay at the Nugget or the Grand Sierra.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank Beidup

We are sorry to hear about the negative encounter you experienced regarding the confusion about the charges on your credit card. We are not sure of the details of your information, but we would like to ensure that this matter is resolved for you. Please contact us directly at anytime so that we may assist you with any questions, concerns, or problems that arise during your stay. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 November 2010

My son and his girlfriend spent her 24th bithday and Halloween in Reno-staying on the 25th floor in a gorgeous concierge room. We both travel often (we work for the airlines)we have stayed in many places in Vegas and from what I have heard from my son - the Atlantis wins!! We paid for the birthday basket and it was much more than we expected. The woman who put it together(Karimare) called me on the night they were checking in to tell me she couldn't stay that late(they didn't arrive till 10pm)and she would put the items that needed to stay cold in the fridge :) I knew then that this hotel would stand out. My son called that night and was sooooo excited to be there. The welcome at the front desk made them feel comfortable and informed them of places where the younger crowds hang-out. Nina the front desk manager will go out of her way to handle any situation. My husband and I were planniing our anniversary trip to Vegas-but I hope to visit this place instead. My son told his girlfriend that they would make this hotel their place to stay often (in the winter months) because he loves to snowboard. I know I am probably leaving something out - I was just sooo happy to hear him go on about this place - so when in Reno - give it a try - you will be just as excited about it as they are!! Oh - I should mention also that his girlfriend from her slot machine that paid her very well :)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We are happy to hear that your son and his girlfriend enjoyed their time at the Atlantis Casino! This information has been passed along to our Team Members! These winter months are a great time to visit the surrounding ski/snowboard areas. We do provide an Atlantis ski package (visit our website for more information) if they are interested in coming back for that purpose. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2010

Have stayed at Atlantis several times in the past - as you see by my reviews. Again on the weekend of Oct 22/23 we were ready for a Spa weekend and Atlantis did not dissappoint. We checked in early on Friday Oct 22 and actually expected the room not to be ready in the morning but it was (nice break!). Stayed in the Dolphin Tower this time, nice sized room and so close to the elevators, was very convenient. The TV in this room is still the old style box, but there is a sign right under it saying "Coming Soon - Flat Screen TV!". I can tell that the hallways have been completely remodeled so I am guessing that the room that we were in was not far off.
On Friday we ate at the Manhattan Deli - Since we were going to the spa that afternoon, decided to keep lunch light and ordered the bowl of chicken noodle soup - Wow - that was not light! Should have ordered the cup as it was so hearty I could not finish it. Great soup!
Spa on Friday afternoon was excellent as it always is here...This spa is truly a 5 star experience from the start to finish. I was there for a regular swedish massage and Karen was my therapist and gave me the best massage of my entire life! I was like jello for the whole weekend...It was just what the doctor ordered. While at the spa, be sure to leave yourself enough time to do everything it has to offer - The Brine Room, perfect relaxation before your treatment, the Aqua Lounge, perfect for hanging out after...I love this spa!
The rest of the weekend we hung out, had fun, enjoyed the room, enjoyed the Atlantis. Gaming, while not a winning trip was fun and definitely feel I played long enough to get my money's worth - Also, don't forget that they have daily slot or video poker tournaments here that are free to enter if you have the slot card. The gentleman that works these is a scream telling jokes while setting up the machines and registering people. He even remember us from our July trip!
Last thing I want to comment on - the service level at the Atlantis is just about as good as you are going to get anywhere. Really 5 star quality. Everyone was helpful, the cocktail waitresses were around plenty, just overall a great experience.
Thanks Atlantis!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kizchris

Wow, thank you for taking the time to share your great comments about your experience at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa! We have been continuing to improve and upgrade our amenities throughout the property for our guests to experience and enjoy. The rooms are being newly designed with flat screen TV’s, artwork, furniture, and other great amenities. We are happy to hear about your Spa experience and the meal at the Manhattan Deli! Please know that your comments will be passed along to the appropriate Managers for their review. We hope you choose the Atlantis again in the future!

Reviewed 26 October 2010

I have to say I thought the place was good. The exception is that the way it is arranged, smoking smell gets everywhere. I assume this is typical of all casinos. My room on the non smoking floor was relatively clear. Outside of the room door the smell starts.
I was put up for free for the conference where I was presenting so the value personally was great. The room cost to the event people was extremely reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Smoking on the property is limited to the casino floor and the smoking hotel room accommodations. We are sorry to hear that the smell was lingering around your hotel room area. On a positive note, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and received great room rates for your event. We hope that you choose the Atlantis for any future travel to the Reno area!