“At the massage parlor on the balcony with the indoor pool.”

Spa Toscana at Peppermill
Ranked #2 of 19 Spas & Wellness in Reno
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“At the massage parlor on the balcony with the indoor pool.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I like feeling rich so I spent, allot played 1000 dollar hands of bj then stayed off the strip but I was hit by police then they gave my luggage directly to the p.o. p.o. I was searched too much I don't know if I should go back I also performed. I danced with some fines girls.
Geze 2010

3 Thank Geze G

Alameda, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Shame on you Front Desk Staff!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not going into details, just want to send a message to the 4 or 5 front desk staff members that were working on June 1, 2014 around 1pm:
SHAME ON YOU FOR YOUR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, YOU COULD'VE BEEN A LOT MORE ACCOMMODATING!!!

8 Thank FunOnTheBeach81
Reno, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“APPALLING SERVICE, TERRIBLE,TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I don't even know where to start. I had been looking forward to this all week but was dismally disappointed. From the point of arrival to the massage, nothing was professionally executed and this left me with an uneasy, deflated feeling instead of a satisfied one.

But to get to the heart of the experience, the hot stone massage is what I had booked. Well, it was a group booking and that was what was recommended over the phone to the person making the booking. You see, we are a group of military wives who prepared to have one Sunday off from our household and motherly duties while our husbands are in town and available to take on their daddy duties. But what I expected, I did not receive. Instead of feeling rested and rejuvenated, I came out of that spa feeling even more tense and frustrated than I was before. The massage therapist I had barely did anything the whole 75 minutes (which was actually 65 minutes from start to finish - I made a note of this seeing as the massage costs $155 without taxes or tip)! She didn't get into my tense muscles and it felt like her hands were lightly brushing my body. The stones also weren't hot, regardless of what they say. They were barely warm but this may be because I'm accustomed to hot temps, and I absolutely hate the cold. So all in all, at the end of the massage (if you could call it that), I came out of there feeling terrible rather than exhilarated and refreshed. My whole day off was ruined! But that's not the end of it. Being unsatisfied, I asked to talk to the manager. Her name, I believe, is Alyssa (not sure because she did not have a name badge on and only mentioned it to me once!). Let me tell you that the discussion with her was more than demeaning. She told me that I would feel the effects of the massage only hours after I'd had it. Well, I've had many massages before and let me tell you, I feel the effects straight away. How stupid did she think I was? She made a whole heap of excuses. Another was that it was my fault because I didn't communicate with the massage therapist (well the massage therapist never asked if what she was doing felt too strong or took weak and she had the whole 65 mins to ask me). The massage therapist did point out though that I had really tense muscles but failed to do anything about that!!! Anyway, that was the gist of the 20 minute conversation with Alyssa, the manager, who didn't want to listen to anything I said and was certain that she was right.

So that's how my Sunday turned out! Wow, as I keep thinking about it, it makes me even more frustrated. It's sad when we live in a world where the ethics in business is so poor. This whole experience has made me think twice about getting a professional (or a so called professional in some cases) to massage me. I can see that it's more about the money than quality service. This leaves me, a middle classed military mom of 3 children, out of pocket and increasingly more stressed as a result! Not what I expected at all!!!

But I've not finished! I failed to mention how our arrival was. We arrived a whole hour early. The employees at the front desk greeted us and gave us a little piece of paper to sign. Apparently we had to sign something to say that's what we booked. We couldn't alter it unless the service we wanted was equal to or exceeded our original service. Okay so the price was never mentioned over the phone and neither was this!!! I look at my bill and think, $155 for a massage, not what I would usually pay for a massage so it better be worth it. So, I'm thinking they're going to ask for a medical history or have us fill out some sort of detailed information sheet so our massage therapist would be aware of anything they may need to know but that didn't happen. At Massage Envy, I had to fill out one and then every time I went in they would ask me if there were any changes to my health, etc. That didn't happen here (and I only paid $65 for my massages at Massage Envy). I should have known upon arrival this wasn't going to be any good but I took the benefit of the doubt and wanted to share an exhilarating experience with my friends!
I do not recommend this spa!!! Don't go there. As a business, you should explain and execute the service you're providing with the utmost profession and quality. There was no explanation of what my massage would entail or no research on their part to find out what massage would be more beneficial to me. I wanted a more intense session but came out of there feeling as though I didn't have a massage.......If I could rate this a zero, I would but you have to give a rating of at least a 1.

Visited April 2014
6 Thank jensoccer5
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Spa Toscana at Peppermill, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to Spa Toscana. I want to offer my sincerest apologies that your experience did not exceed your desired expectations. I understand that you were hoping to have a relaxing day being pampered and I am truly sorry to hear that your visit fell short of both yours and our standards.

We want all of our guests who visit the Spa to have a relaxing and enjoyable experience and I apologize that this was not the case for you. It was certainly not our intention for you to feel more stressed after your massage was finished and I am disappointed to hear that the service you received from our Spa Team was not reflective of the hospitality that we strive to provide on a daily basis.

When you have a free moment, I would love the opportunity to speak with you and gain additional information regarding your experience in hopes of making things right. Your experience at Spa Toscana was not typical of the level of service and quality that our award winning Spa is proud to deliver. Your feedback will help us to further improve our service level and processes so that all of our guests can have a Five Star experience. I have sent you a private message through Trip Advisor with the best way to contact me.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Scott Evans
Executive Director of Service Excellence
Box Elder, MT
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Heaven!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

After a long day of travel I checked in and was given a full day spa pass so I decided to use it the same day! Wow! Amazing! Rejuvenating! Them are only three excellent compliments out of 10 that I will write! The staff is so nice and helpful. Did I mention doting? The facilities are wonderful. I spent one whole day here and loved it! I highly recommend and will be back!

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Elva in the Salon”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Last week was my first visit to Spa Toscana & first of all, it's beautiful! Locals discount also a perk:) From booking the appointment with a friendly young lady named Precious, to the great hostess, whose name I kick myself for forgetting, all were very friendly & informative. There's an all around great vibe. Highlight, however was Elva at the salon who took SUCH good care of me! Although I'm sure she's in high demand, I felt like she was so thorough & gave me extra special care. I had a lot of questions & she went well beyond answering to anticipating others I may have. When she got to work, it was obvious she's highly skilled & knows exactly what she's doing. And this is by far the BEST cut/color I've EVER had. It came out so much nicer than I could've asked for. Overall, super impressed & can't wait to come back for the next appointment, where I'll take advantage of that included day pass!