“Surprisingly good”

Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 20 October 2012

First of all, this is a Hyatt Place, which is really a limited service Hyatt. I haven't stayed at a Hyatt Place before, but for $107 on a weekend, my expectations were pretty low. I feel a little bit awkward getting excited about a simple hotel like this, but the stay was actually surprisingly good.

First, the staff is exceptional. They were attentive. They hustled. When it took 15 minutes for my pizza to arrive, they were extremely apologetic and the manager took the charge off my bill. Really? Because the pizza was five minutes late? It's not much of a restaurant downstairs but I sense that they have a handful of pre-prepared packages that they heat.

Second, the rooms are really nice. Again, a very nice surprise. They are spacious and modern, with a nice sitting area and a desk. I really couldn't ask for much more.

As a negative, it's not really near anything, so expect to get into your car if you want to go anywhere.

It's not exactly a destination resort, but if you want a clean bed in Reno I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The airport side, surprisingly, is better, because there's no air traffic at night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 October 2012

This is a very affordable hotel next to the airport. It is close to all of the action in downtown Reno. Rooms have a sitting area with a fold out sectional couch, large flat screen tv, refrigerator, and free Wi-Fi. One of the coolest features is the entertainment center has a panel that allows you to plug your own DVD player or laptop into the tv. This is great if, like me, you travel with kids and bring you own movies along. All this and a free breakfast!

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper floor facing the airport. It's a small airport that shuts down at nig...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place and I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel it self may not have all the bells and whistles of some bigger Hyatt's or indeed some of the other Hotels in the Reno area. However when I get a couch in my room I am always pleased!!! Breakfast at no extra cost is always a plus as well.

Hyatt Place rooms are all like Mini suites so great for a longer break when you may end up spending more time in the hotel.

The staff were very friendly and helped out with several question s on the local area, from restaurant recommendations to help with transport.

A great place to stay for a short to medium length trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This was a very affordable place to stay. Great sized room, nice accoutrements in the room...I generally prefer the Hyatt Place accommodations over the Regency. My only critique is that my co-worker and I stood at the front desk to check in for 10 minutes while the workers served drinks at the bar and we were not acknowledged at all. We decided to check in via the Kiosk, but it was very unlike the Hyatt brand to have to do this.

Pro-tip: The location is a bit out of the way, but you can walk over to the airport and take a free shuttle to any of the downtown casinos.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My husband and I can't wait for our next Reno vacation to stay at Hyatt place again. Best features: non-smoking, super friendly and extremely helpful staff, great room, even better value for the money. Location is right next the the freeway so getting around town was easy. This was our first trip with our two small kids and the large rooms were perfect. Live this place!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were on our way back from California to Colorado on a driving trip and needed a place to stop on our way. We were also dropping our daughter and friend off at airport for a flight the next day. The Hyatt Place was the perfect location and even being at the airport, there was no airport noise. The front desk were very helpful as we just drove in and accommodated us right away. They have a good breakfast bar for the morning and although they don't have room service, they offer the local pizza place for quick deliveries plus some other local restaurants. The rooms are very well set up with modern decor. They are very clean and as I said, very quiet. I would look for a Hyatt Place in any city.

Room Tip: No worries on picking any room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Teacherdeb1
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Erick and Nate at the front desk were very attentive, efficient, and accommodating. The night I stayed the hotel was sold out but they both worked as a team and were able to take of us in a friendly and professional manner.

• Stayed: September 2012