“Indifferent”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th Street
Description: From traditional Mexican favorites to delicious twists on classics in Reno, Dos Geckos Cantina is a true fiesta of flavors that will satisfy your cravings! The lively and colorful cantina-style decor adds the feeling of authenticity to your experience. With over 100 different varieties of Tequila, a wide assortment of margaritas and a large selection of Mexican beer you can quench even the biggest thirst. HOURS: Monday-Friday 5 PM-9 PM Saturday: 11:30 AM-10 PM Sunday: 11:30 AM- 9 PM
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Not impressed with the service. The waiter never checked back to see how we were doing. We never got our drinks refilled. The food was good and served quickly. We were ready to walk out on the bill because we could not get a waiters attention. This was on a Monday at 1 pm so it was not busy.

1  Thank Dawn H

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stopped by Dos Geckos for dinner tonight. We've been there many times and as always they didn't disappoint. I ordered drinks once we walked in and they were at the table shortly after we were seated. My wife ordered a cheese quesadilla with jalapenos, I ordered the tacos de pescados and a bowl of tortilla soup. The soup was brought immediately and was different than most I've had before. This version had a thicker broth than most tortilla soups...being more like a tomato soup than what I've seen and eaten in Mexico. That doesn't mean it didn't taste good, it had great flavor and was fresh and hot. My tacos tasted great with an ample amount of slaw and sauce to compliment the fish. The black beans and rice were just there, and did nothing to add to or take away from the meal. My wife's quesadilla was loaded with cheese and jalapenos and tasted great. The place was very busy, however we were taken care of quickly and efficiently and every request we had was taken care of. Again, we've been there before and nothing has changed to stop us from going back!

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere was neat. Menu had a nice variety of foods. I had nachos and I have to say it was the best restaurant nachos I have ever had and I am very picky. My husband's chimichanga was good. He said he has had better but he loved the service and I would have to agree.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The decor was typical Mexico by way of Disney, that you would find in a casino. The place was pretty spacious and there were lots of families eating there with small children and baby's. Even though the restaurant is on the border between Silver Legacy and Circus Circus it is definitely a Circus Circus restaurant. The service was very good and friendly. However the food is just ok, not great. That was kind of a downer. It was a bit high priced for the quality of the food.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

service so so depends on who waits on you,
food so so to bad depends on what you get.
They are only open certain hours.