“Very professional”
Review of Thermal Sky Sports

Thermal Sky Sports
Ranked #54 of 125 things to do in Reno
More attraction details
Owner description: Come Tandem Hang gliding at the world famous Slide Mt or take a first time lesson. Just 20 from Reno&Tahoe Thermal Sky Sports is Reno/Tahoe's only full time hang gliding center! One of our instructors will take you tandem starting at $220 or a first time lesson $140! Come fly with us today!
Reno, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very professional”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Bought this tandem flight for my husbands birthday and could not have been happier. He was thrilled, everyone was very professional and they put my mind at ease when I saw just how high the cliff was that my husband would be running off! Everything went as good as it can be. We hesitated to buy the video and pictures but we were so glad we did, it was like we all got a turn hang gliding just by watching it! THanks for a memorable birthday gift, finally got my husband something he really wanted!

Visited August 2012
4 Thank A S

Reno, Nevada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Definite Bucket Lister!”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

At the end of last ski season, my 14 year old daughter and I were coming down from Slide Bowl at Mt Rose and we saw hang glider pilots setting up to fly off the side of the mountain. We stopped to watch and she immediately said "Daddy - we HAVE to do that!"... So we did. I contacted Alex Cuddy at Thermal Sky Sports and after talking to him about the suitability of hang gliding for young teenagers, I set up for tandem flights for all 4 of us (my wife and myself and our two kids- son 13 and daughter 14). We were a little nervous about it, but Alex easily allayed our concerns. He was calm and professional and instilled us with confidence that our kids (and us adults!) were in good hands. Watching them take 3 or 4 running steps and then fly off the side of Mt Rose was as much a thrill for us as for them. Our flights lasted between 18 and 32 min (flight duration depends on the conditions the day you fly) and all were incredible. We've already booked a second flight and who knows... We might just take this up!

If you're got an adventurous spirit, this is definitely a must do! And I would highly recommend Alex as a pilot to take a tandem flight with!

Visited October 2011
3 Thank Greg B
Acampo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“River Walk”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

love the river walk. Much to see. Great places to eat in and around the walk. Pretty good people watching as well.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank JohnandPeach
Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bucket List”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Whether this is on your bucket list or not, it is a must do for the adventurist. While it may feel overwhelming and/or too scary (hense the appeal), Alex is someone who instills a calming confidence to the intrapersonal storm of fear and excitement that challenges our passion to experience new things. I felt completely safe with Alex. I brought my dad and he also had a fantastic time. Alex was great with us both. Thanks Alex for a wonderful experience. I couldn't have been more impressed!!!!

Duane Wright
Sacramento, Ca.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Duane W
Reno
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss out on this amazing experience!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I had such a great time hang gliding! Alex was very helpful, professional, friendly and made the experience really fun. It starts out exciting right away when you run with Alex off the hill. Seems scary, but it is actually really easy. It is way better if you do run, and it doesn't even seem like anything being in the air within seconds. The flight was very easy and comfortable and I was given the option of doing some acrobatics in the air. It was so thrilling and Alex is a very talented pilot making it seem so easy. The landing was easy as well. Hang gliding was incredibly fun and exciting and i would go fly again anytime! Alex was extremely knowlegable and very talented which made it an even better experience. I would suggest to anyone to go hang gliding and experience this amazing thrill!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Laura N

Been to Thermal Sky Sports? Share your experiences!