“TOP NOTCH BEEF BRISKET”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I've had a lot of good beef brisket in my time, but the brisket at this location was the best. It literally melted in my mouth. It was seasoned perfectly. It was smokey and moist. And, it had a thin fat strap.... perfect. I'll be back for the brisket.
My father ordered the rib tips, and got a mountainous order of very flavorable rib tips.
The meats were good enough that they needed no barbecue sauce. The flavour stood alone.
The sides were tasty. The service was exceptional. I'm glad I choose this place, and I recommend it.

1  Thank Armchair C

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Went as part of a group for dinner. Service was great, and restaurant is clean and attractive. Everyone agreed that the food was very good, BUT for the price, the portion of food was lacking.

1  Thank DGeorge T
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have attended the Best in the west rib cook off for the last 22 years, Dave's is one of, if not the best BBQ I have tasted. My wife and I eat there at least 6 times a year, may not sound like a lot if not for the fact we drive 30 miles into Reno and pre decide where we are going to eat prior to leaving Fernley. We have about 7 places we eat out at in Reno and this is one of the top contenders, and the only consideration when BBQ is the choice. Thanks Dave's!

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We had Christina as our server and she did an excellent job.

On the food front, the Mrs got the 2 meat special and I got the Dave's Sassy BBQ salad with pork. The salad was great and the Mrs liked the combo. We skipped dessert.

We would go back.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I searched and I found. This is an American BBQ spot that blew me away. I had ribs, burnt ends, brisket, potato salad and baked beans. All were wow with the burnt ends and the ribs winning. 5 different house sauces to try. I loved the Devil spicy tangy sauce.

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!