“Nice Pool”

Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Santa Cruz, CA
“Nice Pool”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

The best feature of the hotel is the pool and jaccuzi. Beautiful tiled pool, just the right temperature and lots of sun. Nobody at the pool when I visited! Happy hour at the lounge overlooking the Truckee River was awesome! Room was just okay. Frosted windows? What's up with that? I've always loved the views from Reno hotel rooms. None this time. Carpet was filthy. Bed very comfortable and nice bathroom. Did not use room service or spa services. Had a great rate through Groupon, don't know that I'd pay full price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
santa clara
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here during labor day weekend for Rib-fest. If you're like us and dont book the nugget soon enough, this is a great alternative. Taxi or bus is very easy to get where you want to go. The hotel is great. It has a very new feel to it. The casino is failry small, however it has all of the basic slots/tables and is nice if you dont want to feel like your playing at grand central station.

The spa is very over priced and the people working there are terrible! The girl working (or being too busy tweeting on her phone to work) kept telling us that she didnt have any towels available for the pool. Yet everytime some metro showed up with shiny gold swim trunks, or some straight off the red carpet wanna-be, she was able to produce several towels. After asking for towels 4 times and finally having a 5 minute drag-out with her, she confessed that there was a stock of towels that she wasnt supposed to give out. My wife and i spent the rest of the afternoon observing who she felt were worthy of getting a pool towel and who weren't.

Anyway-if you're looking for a place to stay for a reno activity and gambling without use of the pool or spa this place is great. If you're from L.A. and believe your life is an episode of Entourage you will LOVE it here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Rainier, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

We booked this hotel because of a Groupon special I bought. We planned on staying three nights using the special for two and paying for the third (staying Sunday-Wed.-the special was only good for Sun.-Thurs. nights). The initial booking was fine but then I tried to add an additional night and that process became a nightmare. When I first called I was told that they were unable to add Saturday night due to something about the "rate". So I called the next day and was told that I could book Saturday night and the person I spoke with would take care of it. After a couple of weeks I was reading other reviews on TripAdvisor and noted some recommendations that I wanted to include so I emailed the hotel and found that they did not have us down for Saturday night and actually had us booked for dates I don't recall booking. Various emails were exchanged in which the person I was emailing stated she would take care of it and then a final email stating she couldn't make the change but her manager probably could and she would have h/h contact me. After a couple of days not hearing from the manager I contacted the hotel by phone and left a message on the machine, which was not returned, so I again phoned. I talked to another person who said they could make the changes and would email me a confirmation. After not receiving the confirmation I called again and was told the changes had not been made. I finally suggested that the problem may be the special rate and that this person should book us at the normal rate for Saturday and another night and use the special rate for the other two nights. When the person I was speaking with did what I suggested he was able to book us a room for Saturday night. I again asked for an email confirmation but once again did not receive it. I called the next day to ensure that the changes had been made since I had been told several times that they had only to find out that had not been, but this time everything was set. I again asked for an email confirmation but didn't receive one. Rather a frustrating start. However, when we arrived we were very pleased with the hotel, accomodations, and staff. We really liked that it was relatively small and not geared for children, in fact I don't recall even seeing a child. We had breakfast in the cafe (I'm not sure that's what they call it) and it was delicious and reasonably priced. The casino is small but we did relatively well on the slots. The pool is very nice and both times I used it only one or two other guests were there. The beds were comfy and pillows good-my son usually complains about hotel pillows but not this time. The room was quiet and comfortable. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We recently were in Reno, and I had not been to the Siena Hotel & Casino in probably 8 years ... the last time I had been there was about 8 years ago, and the place was filthy ... and I told myself at that time I would never go back.

Well, I did ... and I am glad I did. The place has been given a complete face lift. The casino is now bright with color and lighting, and is clean. The dealers, pit bosses, waiters, waitresses, etc. are friendly and fun to be around. This is a definite plus on my Reno trips now.

Room Tip: The river view rooms are the nicest.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DennisAtkinson
Ridgecrest, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

While I have nothing bad to say, it wasn't what I expected when I booked the room. Our primary reason for picking the Sierna rather than another Reno hotel was what had been a really nice wine bar "Down Under". We could have a great wine selection and some small plates of food. However, despite all the promotion of the wine bar in their internal literature and signage, we were told it is now open for "special events only." It may be very picky of me, but because of that and because they didn't disclose a $7.50 "resort" fee until final checkout, I will not stay there again.

I give the Sierna credit for comfortable rooms, a good location, but it is nothing special.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steve b
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed at Siena for two nights in July (23-24). After I checked in and went to my room I found it not completely ready. On my way back to the check-in desk I was met by the very apologetic employee who offered me another room - a real upgrade for the same price. I was not in a hurry and I offered to wait but the employee insisted that I deserved the upgrade, so I went and enjoyed the rest of my stay. This was actually the third time that Siena has provided me an upgrade (with no additional cost), and the first two were without eventful precedence. I don't even think anymore when I go to Reno about where to stay. Siena is in a great location and does not have the overwhelming presence of a big casino-hotel environment. I'm from Las Vegas.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Recently renovated (again), and very tastefully done. Very nice interior and exterior. Near the new baseball park in Reno, and several excellent restaurants. Rooms overlook the river, and bar/restaurants are very solid. Service is very good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple