“Good and Bad”

Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Cool,CA
“Good and Bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel many times before, but usually book directly with the front desk. This time I booked 2 rooms, standard kings, on Expedia. On arrival they only had one room ready, so we decided to put our things in that room and gamble a bit while we waited for the second room. The room was on the second floor, the first room next to the ice machine. The room was ridiculously small and the windows has been frosted so you couldn't see out. The reason was because the hotel air conditioner was directly outside the window and blocked all view and sunlight. After much complaining, we were moved to 2 new rooms on the 8th floor, which were very roomy and very nice. Room service was slow and poor quality. The pool was warm but had no towels, which required a call to housekeeping both days. The spa, which you pay a spa/ resort fee for, was closed both days we were there. The overall hotel is pretty nice, and I prefer it to a large casino.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Travelimmersion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Palm Desert
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Average at best. Casino seemed conservative and not very busy. Food service was poor over-all, due to lack of detail by waitress. Front desk personnel did their best to get us a room over looking the river. Room was small, but well decorated Shower again was small as was the rest of the bath. Poor lighting in bath.
Not a hotel I would pick again.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the river
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Baypoint
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Ambiance,is simply putting it mildly,when the sheer atmosphere of the scenery takes you away to a whole new dimension allowing you to forget the worries of the world,that's genius,and the hotel manager Kimberley not only knows her job,but goes above and beyond the call of duty to fulfill it,she is a total asset to the Siena.would I stay there again ? You would have to chain me down to prevent me .My husband says ditto, oh yeah the restaurants are MAGNIFICENT !!!!

Room Tip: The size of the rooms are well worth the money,the suites priceless,the rooms facing the river have...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Delores B
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

The Siena Hotel sits beside the Truckee River and across the street from Harrah's Antique car Museum. The design is reminiscent of the town hall in Siena, Italy, which holds wonderful memories for our family. The rooms were spacious, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the price was very reasonable. We were so happy to have bypassed Las Vegas as we drove north, and to have discovered this lovely hotel in Reno!

Room Tip: It was nice to see the river from our window. We requested a humidifier because the air was dry in...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Glennys P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

When checking in I ran into a slight problem of my own fault and I thought I was going to have to relocate my stay but the hotel manager Kimberley stepped in and saved me!! She was so sweet and helpful! I couldn't have asked for a better person to help me! And on top of that the room I stayed in was wonderful and the rest of the hotel staff was fabulous and very helpful. Overall this hotel has exceeded my expectations and left me with a perfect lasting impression! <3 thanks again Kimberley!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Kpro1516
West Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

This is by far one of Reno's hidden treasures. A friend of mine had mentioned the Siena to me and I had never heard of it. On a bus trip to Reno, hubby and I walked over and we were very impressed with what we saw. The outside doesn't seem like much, but when you walk in , it's very nice. We signed up for their club card and got some free play. We hung around for awhile until it was time to head back to catch our bus back to Sacramento. A few weeks after we received a flyer in the mail with some comp nights. We tried it, booked the weekend of Thanksgiving and it was one of the best stays we've had. The staff is very nice and gave us a really nice room. The rooms are very nice, upgraded and bed is comfortable. I like that they have mini fridge in room for leftovers and drinks. The room was quiet and we were able to get a good nights sleep. We stayed on the River side and the windows open up a little and you are able to hear the water running from the River, truly a very relaxing thing when you just want to sit and read. The casino was quite generous, we played for a really long time, they have a decent selection of machines. I would definately recomment the Siena. :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Elsa M
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Wow! Really that is about all i could say after staying at the Siena.

Generally when people think Reno, they don't think pleasant thoughts. However, when you stay at the Siena things couldn't be anymore pleasant.

This Hotel and Casino is a world class resort. The rooms and actually the entire property is decorated fantastically. Everything is extremely clean. The hotel and Casino Staff go over and beyond to make sure your stay is the best it possibly could be.

The restaurants are even really good. The four of us ate at The DaVinci and we were really impressed with the service, food and the spectacular view of the river.

Overall, i can't really say i don't like anything about this establishment. I will never ever ever stay at any other hotel or Casino in Reno.

I have found a beautiful friendly, and did i mention even a pet friendly place to stay in Reno.

Oh and by the way, The views of the Truckee River are spectacular!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple