Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows
Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Sacramento
“Yuuuck.”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We had to be in Reno for several days and thought we could save by cooking. Their complete kitchen is 1 butter knife, 1 dull steak knife, 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon. The woman at the desk at check in was sullen and rude. It was all downhill from there. Bed was a rock. Nothing provided in a dingy room. This place is an overpriced dump!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sndovale
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept my most sincere apologies that your room lacked the proper utensils in the kitchen and your room was unclean. Since your stay I have inspected your room to ensure it had the appropriate quantity of utensils and the level of cleanliness was more in line with our company's standards. As well, I am sorry that the bed in your room was uncomfortable. Our bedding is chosen based on guests feedback. As we continue to improve our offerings, we will definitely keep your feedback in mind.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2013

This is a reasonable place to stay in Reno. There are many places to eat and a grocery store very close to here and there is free parking. The problem we had is we had reserved 2 rooms with double beds and ended up with 4 singles scattered on both ends of the hotel and on two different floors. This was not very accommodating for a group of 4 traveling together. If I remember correctly, they wanted us to stay at one of there other properties the last time we were there two years ago, so maybe there is a history of overbooking.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Monterey, California
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Title says it all. Want a cheap room, this is it. If you don't care and are used to a dorm room then you'll be comfortable here. Bed not comfortable, no toiletries except cheap soap, one ply scratchy toilet paper. Initial a zillion things to say you'll treat the place well, but suffer the nasty leftovers from past guests. Long back hairs on more than one surface in the room. UCK.

Room Tip: No fitness room at all...which was a desire of ours. Pretty disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the front desk did not offer you the additional toiletries we have when you checked in. I also apologize that your room was not cleaned to our standard. I am meeting with my staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rsm@extendedstay.com.

We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels

Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a few months back and had a blast. For the price you can't do better. Its right by to the strip and tons of places to eat. The staff was super nice and very helpful with directions and other questions I had. My room was very clean and the bed was even comfortable. I can guarantee I will stay at extended stay next time I'm in Reno.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was so pleased to hear that you had a great time while with us in Reno! I'm glad to hear the location and amenities were so convenient for you.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Carpinteria, California
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This hotel was not pleasant and I would not stay there again. The hallway walls are scuffed up and the carpets were worn and spotted. As for the room? It seemed clean but it needed a fresh coat of paint. The bathroom seemed to have been recently remodeled. And there is a small kitchenette. The noise level was terrible. Every morning it started around 5 AM. The people above us were up and pounding back and forth across the floors. Then the people next to us got up early and were opening and closing the kitchen cupboards, running water. There seems to be no sound barriers between the walls. The refrigerator in our room ran off and on through the night with an unusually loud hum. The black out curtains are not large enough to block out light all around the outer edges so we had a corona of light from the parking lot. As for friendly service? There was seldom anyone at the front desk when we left or returned. We needed an extra blanket as their were no extras in the room? Called the desk and they had one full sized left. I had to go downstairs and get it. They do not provide hairdryers in the rooms (kInd of unheard of these days). Called the front desk, I had to go down and get it. Want ice? No ice machines in the hotel. Only ice from the two ice trays in the refrigerator in the room. They only clean/make-up the rooms every 7 days, unless you want to pay 10.00 extra. Need another towel? That's 5 dollars extra according to the sign in the bathroom. I thought the hot water was out in the shower until I discovered the hot cold was reversed. Phew. We were in town to see relatives for Thanksgiving so we spent very minimal time in the room. That made it bearable. We also had a cheap rate through Expedia. There seems to be several chain hotels right in the same area of town. Of course I will try another hotel next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay over Thanksgiving. I apologize that you were able to hear noises from other rooms and can understand how being woken up multiple times can put a damper on your stay. I also wanted to apologize that our services and amenities were not explained to you at check-in. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will be meeting my with front desk staff to ensure that they are communicating everything at check-in. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rsm@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I have stayed at the Extended Stay America, South Meadows location a number of times on business, and this Hotel has consistently proven to be clean, quiet, and comfortable.

Especially like the convenience of a kitchenette and laundry facility as these benefits help make for a hassle-free stay.

Pam and the front desk crew are so accomidating and friendly... after a while they become like Family. Nice crew !

The rates are also reasonable, and they offer long term stay agreements if your business has you temporarily re-locating to a job site.

JohnK

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Reno - South Meadows. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Carson City, NV
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I booked this hotel through Hotwire. Pros: Rooms are very clean with new carpet, paint, etc.. Cons: I have been in the hotel for about 4 hours and thinking about not staying the 2nd night. First, on arrival, I had to pay an extra $5 per night to get a non-smoking room. Second, I've been here for about 4 hours and for the last 2 I've been listening to a BOOMING TV next door. Walls are paper thin. I get up every 10-15 minutes to switch the heater on from high hot to high cool to drowned out some of the noise. It's bad. And the mattresses... as mentioned in other reviews, they are rock hard. When I first sat on the bed I was surprised, it was like sitting on a wooden chair, they really are rock hard. Also,the TV, believe it or not it's a 24" to 26" TV -- I didn't know they made TVs that small. Strange....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank P M
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at ExtendedStay America Reno - South Meadows. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.