“Good place to rest”

Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We enjoyed our stay here, easy to get around from here and to do business. Staff were really lovely and the room very good, little kitchen, good air con, clean bathroom. I would stay again no problem. From here everything you need is on S Virginia St a short hop away.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank You for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your room and the kitchen provided. As well, that you found our staff to be so friendly.

We are so happy that you would like to visit again, and look forward to you doing so. Thank you once more.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows

Reviewed 24 May 2013

We happened to be visiting Reno when the National bowling tournaments were being staged there. So nearly every hotel was either booked or had either doubled or tripled their prices. And then tack on 'Resort Fees!' Which to me is just another way to rip off the consumer and falsify their actual costs!
Extended Stay America was the only hotel we found that had a reasonable priced room available. Except for the "roach motels" of course!
The addition of somewhere to cook and store food is a plus. Even though the utensils are scant, it's a plus and the cost per night is very affordable.
There was plenty of places to eat nearby; be it for breakfast or dinner. Even within walking distance. And it's out of the main center of town so traffic isn't too bad.
The bed was a little on the firm side so my wife wasn't crazy about it but I prefer a firmer mattress so I was ok. They do put lots of pillows on it so she was happy with that.
The room was clean and comfortable enough given the price range.
Most people the complain about the accommodations forget they stayed there because they didn't want to spend $300-$400 for a bed for two nights but still want all the amenities.
I feel we got a very good deal for the $65/night we spent!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rohardy71
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We very much appreciate it. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff and I make every effort to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience by providing great rooms. It is so welcoming to know we were able to do that for you!

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

On our arrival (after 3pm) we had to wait for our room to be clean. Took almost 1/2 hour and we were in a hurry to clean up and get to a family wedding. I asked for another room - and they were ready to accommodate.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Rita - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room was not ready when you arrived at the hotel. We make every effort to have each promised room ready for our guests when they are checking-in to the hotel; it seems we failed in this case. In response to your feedback, we are going to focus on improving our cleaning and inspection timing so this situation does not happen again. Still, we hope you enjoyed the wedding!

I thank you for keeping us informed. If we can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at RSM@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will visit us again and we will do our very best for you.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

The room is nice and the kitchen supplies the basics. It's in a nice part of town. No major issues. In looking at the other reviews, it seems to me people will always have something to complain about. Ignore the naysayers, for the price, this hotel worked just fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Tina - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your comments about your room being so nice. As well, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen and the amenities we supply for it.

We do hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you our way. Again, Thank You for your time and review

Reviewed 5 May 2013

We had to be in Reno for several days and thought we could save by cooking. Their complete kitchen is 1 butter knife, 1 dull steak knife, 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon. The woman at the desk at check in was sullen and rude. It was all downhill from there. Bed was a rock. Nothing provided in a dingy room. This place is an overpriced dump!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sndovale
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept my most sincere apologies that your room lacked the proper utensils in the kitchen and your room was unclean. Since your stay I have inspected your room to ensure it had the appropriate quantity of utensils and the level of cleanliness was more in line with our company's standards. As well, I am sorry that the bed in your room was uncomfortable. Our bedding is chosen based on guests feedback. As we continue to improve our offerings, we will definitely keep your feedback in mind.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

This is a reasonable place to stay in Reno. There are many places to eat and a grocery store very close to here and there is free parking. The problem we had is we had reserved 2 rooms with double beds and ended up with 4 singles scattered on both ends of the hotel and on two different floors. This was not very accommodating for a group of 4 traveling together. If I remember correctly, they wanted us to stay at one of there other properties the last time we were there two years ago, so maybe there is a history of overbooking.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Title says it all. Want a cheap room, this is it. If you don't care and are used to a dorm room then you'll be comfortable here. Bed not comfortable, no toiletries except cheap soap, one ply scratchy toilet paper. Initial a zillion things to say you'll treat the place well, but suffer the nasty leftovers from past guests. Long back hairs on more than one surface in the room. UCK.

Room Tip: No fitness room at all...which was a desire of ours. Pretty disappointed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the front desk did not offer you the additional toiletries we have when you checked in. I also apologize that your room was not cleaned to our standard. I am meeting with my staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rsm@extendedstay.com.

We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.