“Best Extended Stay America stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows

Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Midland, Michigan
“Best Extended Stay America stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Driving from MI to CA we stayed in two Extended Stays. The first was horrible, but this hotel was much better. The breakfast was just grab and go, and there arent seemingly basic amenities like lotion. However, the hotel is in a great area just outside Reno, it is a newer hotel, and the staff was very pleasant. If you get a good deal, it is a nice stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our location, our staff and your stay with us overall. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another great stay in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights while we were in town for my daughter's volleyball tournament. The exterior of the hotel is neat and welcoming. The front desk area is modern and clean. We were given a room with 2 doubles on the 3rd floor of hotel. I thought that was a good thing not having rooms above us. Instead, you heard people running up and down the hall at all hours. The room itself was a basic room. Instead of a closet, there was an open area by the window where an ironing board hung on the wall next to a wire shelf. The kitchenette was nice to have, but the set up was so tight it was hard to maneuver. The kitchenette was across from the bathroom. It was kind of odd that the door barely cleared the counter. If you used the vent above the cooktop, the air blew in your face and not out, so it was kind of useless. The worst part of the room was the beds as they were incredibly uncomfortable. It wasn't like the beds were extra firm-they felt like they had no cushion at all. Each morning I woke up with aching hips and back. We paid close to $100/night for this room. While I've stayed in these types of hotels in the past, I expected more. Overall, I wouldn't go back nor can I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback such as yours to improve our guest experience. I am sorry for the noise disturbances you experienced from neighboring guests during your stay. As well, I apologize that the layout of your fully equipped kitchen did not meet your needs. We continually work to improve our hotel so we really appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels

Granite Bay, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Yes, it has full kitchen, etc. for a long stay but we were only staying for one night. The bed was uncomfortable and the room was noisy with people walking upstairs all night, loud fridge and loud heater/cooler in the room. There are hardly any amenities in the room such as shampoo. Very cheap quality sheets, towels, kleenex, etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mariann - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you found your room to be uncomfortable and noisy during your stay with us. As well, I am sorry for the noise disturbances you encountered from your refrigerator and heater. Your comments will be very useful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Please know that toiletries, including shampoo, are available upon request at the front desk, should you need them in the future. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I've stayed here before. I enjoyed it then and this visit was no change. Very good check-in service. The internet service was good. The room was on the large size and it was very clean. It's a basic room, nothing fancy so if you need bling this is not a place for you. But it sure works for me. And the best part is the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

"Breakfast" is these horrible pre packaged muffins that will probably kill any diabetic who eats one. "Dishes" are the cr@ppiest excuse for cookware I have ever seen. I put half a stick of butter and stirred the whole time and the eggs STILL stuck to the pan! Not just a little, a whole layer of egg glued to the bottom! They don't even have conditioner available! What the heck?! Are they so cheap that they can't even provide conditioner? I wouldn't stay here again even if someone paid me to.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Darian N
Darian - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. As well, I apologize that you were not pleased with the dishes provided in your kitchen and our lack of conditioner. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Foster City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My son and I just finished our second ski trip to Lake Tahoe. Although we stayed here for just one night, I can imagine that the full kitchen and the big fridge will be great for a long stay-over. The facility is pretty new and in great shape. The grab and go breakfast is almost non-exist, but for $47/night, this is the best value you can get.

Room Tip: I booked through Priceline
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wei Q
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking valuable time to post your recent visit with us. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to meet your expectations and that our affordable rates and fully equipped kitchen were an added value.

Thank you again Wei and we look forward to you and your sons return.
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here for 15 days, and really hated to leave last week. I'm relocating to the area and stayed here when I first got back to town. I like the neighborhood a I lived just down the street a few years ago. Close to shopping, restaurants, and Reknown Hospital. Actually all within a 5-10 minute walk.

The room is as pictured. (I'll attach pics I took of my room.) Very well maintained and actually better than I was expecting at the value price I paid. The full kitchen, with full sized fridge, 2 burner cooktop, microwave, and toaster made it nice to save a bit, rather than eating out all the time. Utensils and cookware were adequate for my needs. There's a coffee pot on the kitchen counter, with more coffee available at the front desk. The bed and bedding are great, very firm, and they even offered a mattress topper if you wanted it more plush. I didn't need it. Nice Samsung Flat Screen TV, about a 42". Adequate amount of channels. WiFi is free, but on the slow side. You can upgrade to a higher speed for a fee, but for my needs, the free WiFi was fine. The bathroom was large, well appointed, and clean. There is a nice reclining chair for relaxing in. A dining table and chair, with a matching chair at the desk. Very well appointed room, and comfortable for long stays.

At night there is a basket out at the front desk, with complimentary microwave popcorn and hygiene products. The complimentary "Grab and Go" Breakfast was fine for me. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, muffins, oatmeal, granola bars and fruit are served from 6-9:30am. If you are expecting more, expect to pay 1.5 times the rate or more. Also, other reviewers complained about the lack of service at night. They have to understand that this is a value priced hotel and that is how costs are kept down. If you want to be waited on 24/7, then maybe you need to stay at the Residence Inn next door, and pay 3 times the price. Yes, 3 times. I looked it up. I can't imagine that it is 3 times better than this Extended Stay. This hotel also allows pets for an added fee, though I don't have one, so I'm not sure what the rate is for pets.

This hotel was worth every penny and then some. I found it to be a great value. I dealt with 5 different staff members at the front desk, and I found them all to be very courteous, helpful and efficient. It is a well run hotel. I would stay here again and again.

Thank you for the pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I was very happy with mine, #118. Single Queen Bed.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank clangrill
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you so much for your time to post your experiences with us on your recent stay. We so appreciate guests that take the time to let the world know how their stay was with us. It is a vital tool for us. A multifaceted benefit. We learn what areas we need to improve on, how to better serve our guests and in your case, the wonderful experience of reward. Your kind words not only made us red in the face but so encourage and motivated to continue our strive to serve our guests. I can not thank you enough for the huge moral boost you provided.

We do hope you will visit us again and we will do our very Very BEST to provide you with a great stay.