Club Cal Neva Hotel Casino
Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$60
Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$111
Official Site
  • Pool
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$55
Agoda.com
US$75
US$73
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$210
  • Restaurant
US$89
US$78
Peppermill Resort Spa Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$70
All reviewstop deckprime ribsteak and eggscasino farekeno loungeback in the daytwo blocksdowntown renovirginia streettruckee riversports bookslot machinesgreat casinosilver legacygamblingfunplayers
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Looks shady....yes. Interesting characters in the casino....yes. A bit run down....absolutely. Yet this place was the hidden gem in the Reno area. Right across the street from Harrahs, this casino has the best beer price in town! $1 gets you a tall boy budlight. Thats right a $1! The slots are pretty loose too. I didn't win big, but I didn't go home broke. I would recommend for a good time if you like a whole in the wall hangout!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank specialkay1218
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Take a 50s hotel, throw in a ton of smoke and dirt, mix in the worst of the worst that Reno has to offer and you have Cal Neva. This place is so nasty and the service is lacking. Restrooms are in terrible shape. There is no possible way that these guys pass any inspection. Stay as far away as possible.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank renoface
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Despite Reno experiencing a great reduction in tourism Cal Neva has made improvements. Last time we were here one of the bed frames were broken. When we mentioned this to maintenance it wasn't viewed as any thing on their fix in the near future list. That was a year ago. This time the beds were comfortable. Coffee maker, very quite fridge, temperature, cleanliness were all a great step above from our last experience. Hallways were quite. We would stay again. Of course having comp nights helps in that decision. We also really like the casino staff. They are usually very friendly. Remember to tip when you win! Karma!

Room Tip: We always ask to be away from the elevator due to noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank SantaRosaCAKim
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Me and my fiancee just recently stayed at the Club Cal Neva Hotel for the second time. The first time while we was staying are key card failed to unlock the doors and my fiancee had an accident while waiting for 45 minutes for the maintaince staff to let us in. So after one and a half years with two night comp rooms in hand we thought we would give Cal Neva another chance for my birthday weekend. On May 9th 2014 we checked in. Room appeared to be okay except one of the elevators was brokedown. We arrived at approximately 4 pm and went out for a little while. We returned at approximately 7pm showered and changed and went out for the evening. At approximately 3 am on May 10th my birthday my fiancee went back to the hotel room from the Cal Neva Casino to retrieve some of her money she had in her purse to gamble with. Upon getting onto the only elevator working a black male ran from the elevator as it opened up almost knocking down my fiancee down. Upon reaching the 12th floor she tried her keycard multiply times at our room. Upon getting ready to leave thinking why won't her card work once again, the door opened up and a women came out of the door way. My fiancee was confused thinking that maybe this wasn't our room, but upon looking into our room she actually seen it was our room our stuff was strungout everywhere. My wife confronted the lady which appeared to be a prostitute by her attire what are you doing in our room. She then pushed her back and made her stay in the room until she was able to call security while waiting she seen a crackpipe and a marijuana cigarrette on the nightstand. Approximately 5 minutes later and two phone calls they arrived at the room to detain the lady that broke into our room. Reno Police Department was called and she was arrested for tresspassing and burglary. While the police was onsite we discovered $980.00 was missing from mine and her money her cell phone and 3 packs of Marlboro cigarettes. Since the incident I have been playing phone tag with the Risk Assessment manager Ashley. Today May 16th 2014 I spoke with her and told her that I felt that their establishment was liable for all our property as well as any of there guest should feel secure staying at thier facility. She told me that she wasn't going to compensate and/or reemburse any of our losses. Oh yeah except another night in hell hotel and 100 dollars free play really right now. Clearly this establishment doesn't care about their patrons and lets just whoever run free within there hotel and rob people. I now am in the process of filing a complaint with the Nevada Better Business Bureau and I want the public to be aware of Club Cal Nevas shady business ethics towards there customers. PLEASE DON'T EVER STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
40  Thank Jeffrey C
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our room was broken into by theifs. All of our money and cell phones and personal property was stolen. Casino risk management Ashley farmer is saying the hotel is not responsible. I actually caught a woman in our room and held her there until police came. Do not stay here

• Stayed: May 2014