Club Cal Neva Hotel Casino
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$69
Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$94
  • Pool
Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$60
US$68
US$66
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$78
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$210
  • Restaurant
US$89
US$78
Peppermill Resort Spa Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$70
All reviewstop deckprime ribsteak and eggscasino farekeno loungeback in the daytwo blocksdowntown renovirginia streettruckee riversports bookslot machinesgreat casinosilver legacygamblingfunplayers
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I was in Reno for the National Bowling tournament. The reviews for Cal Neva were mixed, but the price was good and it was an easy walk to the main casinos and the Bowling Stadium so I decided to give it a shot. The rooms were basic, but clean. The staff was very friendly. The only issue I had was the hot water. Some days it was fairly warm and other days it was luke warm. I should have mentioned to the staff, but kept forgetting until I checked out.

There is free parking 1-2 blocks away, and valet parking at the hotel. I never used the valet. There are a couple slot machines in the lobby, but the main casino is across the street. The El Dorado and other main downtown casinos are a couple blocks away as is the Bowling Stadium. Harrahs is across the street from the Cal Neva casino.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank WxProphet
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Unfortunately the bed we had was like laying on the floor; it was a VERY hard mattress. Some people like that kind of mattress, I do not. I don't remember the beds being that hard in prior trips; I've stayed here before. Please keep in mind the bed-thing is my personal preference and not all the beds may be as hard as ours.

However, the price is GREAT for the location so close to the ball park. Our trip was intended to go to the games, which we did. It's only like 3 blocks walking to the park. Exellent location!! Better price than the one across the street... I would definitely stay here again, if I find that other rooms have softer mattresses.

Food in the Top Deck is always good; while the wait sometimes is long, the prices of the meals make up for it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MelanieAndrews
Reviewed 29 June 2010

To my wife and I, it looked as if the rooms hadn't seen an update in 20 years. They are so-so clean and old. The carpet was not clean! The TV was a 19" tube without any movies available and the beds were on the very firm side. The A/C wasn't adequate in the room though in the lobby and casino they worked fine. The casino was nice and inviting. For the money... which I paid $133 for the bare bones 2 queen bed room, I was disappointed. Must have been a supply/demand situation...Disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank herrodjay
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I pass through Reno a couple of times a year and always stay here. Nice, clean room......great service.......conveniently located to the train depot.......great prices! One of the best deals in towm!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2010

The price is right if you are looking for a nice room very close to the bowling stadium. Restaurants are very average and the elevators are way old and slow. Casino is fun and inviting.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends