“Quiet and nice”

Econo Lodge Near Reno-Sparks Convention Center
Ranked #38 of 62 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This place is a little older but we had a very nice experience here. The staff was nice and the room was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was good. it's probably time for some updates but I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 June 2013

This hotel is desperately in need of renovation. The rooms are spacious and the potential is very good, but the air conditioning is poor and the controls are something of a joke. The shower head is supposed to be adjustable but has only one setting. The tub drains only if you hold the drain plug down in the open position. The beds are hard and not very comfortable.
It does have a walkout patio that leads directly to the pool.

Room Tip: You would probably be better off finding different accommodations.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Spend your $80/night on something else. This facility is quite old/dated and not maintained well. The room was barely passable in my book; breakfast (free) from 6am to 9am on a weekend was horrlble. Another couple remarked to me that they travel quite a bit and stay almost exclusively in Quality Inn's in the Western U.S. - they flet the Reno facility was extremely sub-par and indicated they would not stay here again. Not a lot of choices in Reno in this price range, but even if you need to spend an add'l $20 or more per night do it - this is not a comfortable place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

First room smelled like smoke although designated as a non-smoking room. The next room they gave us was better smelling. The floor needed to be vacuumed and the sitting table needed to be wiped off. The small refrigerator door was falling off the shelf. On a positive note: the water pressure was great and the bed was comfortable. After talking with the clerk on checkout, they gave us a $15 discount on the price.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed here in March...motel and rooms very run down since the last time I stayed here. Grounds were unkept. Didnt get more than 4 hours sleep as the rooms above us were awake all night. Pacing, talking loud, moving furniture or who knows what?????? Made a complaint to managment next morning, said he would give an adjustment on our credit cards???? Not a motel snob but this place is unacceptable for 65.00 a night...so for the condition of the room and the fact that we got NO sleep I can not give this motel any positve rating.

Room Tip: Dont stay here. Stay at Peppermill, cant go wrong....
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We rented three rooms here over this past weekend. We were attending a sport tournament. Coach had one room. My daughter and I had another room, and another dad and his two kids were in the third room.

Pros:
- Quiet. Coach asked me if I heard his loud sneezes that occurred six times in a row, and I didn't. I think the walls are fairly well insulated.
- Good value. Our rooms were about $55 plus tax. This included a free hot breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage,hash browns, and OJ. A limited variety of hot and cold cereal was available.
-The restaurant on site is an Indian restaurant, but the breakfast is an American one.
- centrally located. We were only 10 minutes away from down town and from the convention center.
- Easy parking
- No casinos or slot machines in lobby.
- Mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in room.
-TV is provided with cable. It's a regular tube TV, but that doesn't make a difference to us.
- In previous reviews, it says that there is no heat. It's true the thermostat on the wall doesn't turn on the heater. What it does have is a heater that you turn on by a knob on the radiator. Many economic hotels have this like Travel Lodge and EconoLodge, so I didn't have a problem with this. I can imagine that someone who doesn't like the sound of the radiator fan blowing at night might have an issue, but we don't mind.
-Parking was easy.
- Room was clean.
- Beds were comfortable.
- Accurate wake up call.

Cons:
- The physical site is aged, so don't expect Hyatt or any fancy casino hotel style like the Peppermill or Atlantis. If you are use to Mariott and above, then I suppose you'd be disappointed.

- No big fancy lobby. (But then I didn't want to pay for one in my room rental rate.)

- Handicap access may be an issue, but I don't know. Our rooms were on the second floor which was accessibel only by stairs.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 238, 239, 241, and all seemed to be fine and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2013

2 separate visits within 10 days. 2 different credit cards. Both received false charges. The first one within 7 hours of check-in; so a definable window of who would have access to the credit card numbers. Second visit within 36 hours. Called after I found out and the manager didn't care; claimed I had no proof. Even though both thefts of the card number were cards I only used at his motel in the entire time period of Feb 22 through March 3. Both cards got charges; 2 from dating sites and 1 from Craig's List. I am stunned the manager simply did not seem to care! I own a motel and I would be very upset if a guest called with this kind of evidence of card number theft.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple