“Awesome!”

Mt. Rose Ski Resort
Ranked #7 of 139 things to do in Reno
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Had some snow, very nice. Staff was wonderful. Keep it up! Everything worked fine, I have to have 50 characters, so im writing this.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

First of all know that they provide skii or snowboard and boots. Helmets u pay a bit more. They will not rent you clothes come prepared for it. You can rent clothes arround reno shops it isnt that expensive. Buy some gloves too a 15 or 20$ pair should be fine... get w.e u can afford but get gloves!! There is also a cafe up here if u need to eat. ....
Being from Puerto Rico this is the first time I got to see and touch snow and ofc skii. This place is awsome and imo reasonably priced for what it is. I paid 98 for rental of equipment, helmet and 2 hour lesson. This lesson was worth it by a looong shot. My awsome instructors name was Dick and he has skated over 40 years. He made the teachings in a very fun way(we were all adult group). We were like 8 students only with him. Trust me guys... if you've never practiced this sport and you have no friend to teach you, Pay the beginner course! You must learn the basics such as stop turns and keeping balance. There are beginner areas so don't worry about it. I have good balance and learned quick and I did great I even went down an intermediate slope and never fell. It is important that you master how to reduce speed or come to a stop. People here won't judge you if you are bad and there are people having fun skiing of all nationalities and all ages. This place is truly amazing and I loved it. Best part of my reno trip.

2  Thank Draken279011
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Great place for kids to learn and ski.
Multiple courses for Intermediate level kids was useful, they didn't get bored.
Wish the parents could see what the kids were taught/doing in Fox level lessons - in a way, good that they can be on their own but parents curiosity matters as well.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was our first time here with our family. We went during ski week and there was plenty of snow and it wasn't too crowded so fast lift lines. They have a whole side of the mountain dedicated to beginners which was lots of fun. These runs were nice and wide and there are lots of trails too. There's also well groomed blue and black runs. My kids' favorite was the special course with mounds designed for jumps although we just rolled over them. We will definitely come back here.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Took our four kids here for snowboarding lessons. All four were going down the beginner slopes on their own before we left! Incredible staff. Super helpful and super friendly! Thx Mount Rose for making this a wonderful experience for our family.