“An "A" for Effort!” 4 of 5 bubbles

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“An "A" for Effort!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Firstly, as I said in another review: You come in, you go to the rewards desk, and there they give you your card. The first thing they offer is a speed play slot machine thing for free. You get five minutes for free on this kind of speed play, where you just spin the reels to try to get to 6,000. I didn't make it, but came within just a few points. Anyway, those who did make it, went on to another round, and ultimately for some chances at prizes as the game went on. I didn't fully understand it, but that five minutes was a rush. Okay, so then next they give you three bucks free play, and so I stuck with the 10-cent bets to try to hang on for a while. (My time was running out and I only had a half hour anyway.) I ran through the three bucks of free play, but I had lose change in my pocket; and, what charmed me was that I could use it. You see, they still have really-real old-time slot-machines in one area. Remember? They have the kind where there's no tickets, no computers, no cards, just levers and buttons and putting in your own quarters, and if you push cash out, real quarters coming down into the tray. And, just because I love anything like rail transit, I'm so charmed they still have a monorail upstairs that goes over the street between their two buildings. That's just a fun touch. I hope they can somehow survive this modern age. If I were a multi-billionaire, I'd donate some renovation money on the contingency that they kept the old, sweet things they now have. Not sure they can make it, but God bless them. It was a fun half-hour I had with them, before I had to be at my bus stop.

Visited June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dallas, Texas
508 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 518 helpful votes
“It's a circus”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Great place to ditch the kids and play the tables. They have found the best way to separate you from your kids with the huge amusement center on the 2nd floor. I myself don't care for a casino full of kids.

Elk Grove, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cheap place to stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed many times here and it is cheap and on the strip but you get what you pay for. The rooms are average but not very clean we found chicken bones behind the night stand. The worst part about it we stayed again the following week and happen to get the same room and the chicken bones were still there. But if you are not looking for a cheap place and on the strip this is it.

Orland, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“My birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We chose circus circus because I had my 3 teenage boys with me..they had fun ...and ate a lot at the buffett...everthing was good..enjoyed the lil tram ride...and the hotel smells good..nice rooms..we enjoyed ourself.

Bly, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great deal for a family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We went to Circus in Reno and got a room with 2 queen beds for $25 a night. The room was older but comfortable and on the 14th floor with a great mountain view. The casino has a buffet as well as a few other restaurants. There are free circus shows every day for kids and a Midway that has fair games where kids can win stuffed animals and other fun stuff. The special rate goes through June sometime so We plan on visiting again soon.

Visited March 2014