“Good food at Mexican restaurant”

Circus Circus Casino
Ranked #18 of 125 things to do in Reno
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good food at Mexican restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Was going to the buffet at Silver Legacy. Lines were very long so we went to the Mexican restaurant in Circus Circus. People leaving recommended the dinner sampler. It was very good and had a nice variety and good flavor. Will order again.

Visited August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The games were average, this place needs some serious renovations. We ate sushi and mexican, the sushi was o.k., not great or amazing but good enough to offer at a grocery store pre-made.

Visited July 2014
Manteca, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“My first choice in Downtown Reno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

For many years I have stayed in the CCR, because it has usually the best rates and clean rooms. The hotel is close to other major casinos and events downtown. Get a players card for special room rates in the future. The Sky Tower is across the street from the main hotel and casino, and will be lower room rate. Skip the slow tram car ride to the Sky Tower, just walk it.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Larry D
São Paulo, SP
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

In a good location, clean and spacious room. They have the old type machines which make it appealing for some people that is not a serious gambler like me! Fun atmosphere, games for kids and adults! We had a good time! The rooms are old but clean. We didn't have a view but at least it was not noisy!

Lafayette, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“An "A" for Effort!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Firstly, as I said in another review: You come in, you go to the rewards desk, and there they give you your card. The first thing they offer is a speed play slot machine thing for free. You get five minutes for free on this kind of speed play, where you just spin the reels to try to get to 6,000. I didn't make it, but came within just a few points. Anyway, those who did make it, went on to another round, and ultimately for some chances at prizes as the game went on. I didn't fully understand it, but that five minutes was a rush. Okay, so then next they give you three bucks free play, and so I stuck with the 10-cent bets to try to hang on for a while. (My time was running out and I only had a half hour anyway.) I ran through the three bucks of free play, but I had lose change in my pocket; and, what charmed me was that I could use it. You see, they still have really-real old-time slot-machines in one area. Remember? They have the kind where there's no tickets, no computers, no cards, just levers and buttons and putting in your own quarters, and if you push cash out, real quarters coming down into the tray. And, just because I love anything like rail transit, I'm so charmed they still have a monorail upstairs that goes over the street between their two buildings. That's just a fun touch. I hope they can somehow survive this modern age. If I were a multi-billionaire, I'd donate some renovation money on the contingency that they kept the old, sweet things they now have. Not sure they can make it, but God bless them. It was a fun half-hour I had with them, before I had to be at my bus stop.

Visited June 2014

Been to Circus Circus Casino? Share your experiences!