“Great food and great Thai decor”
Review of Bangkok Cuisine

Bangkok Cuisine
Ranked #128 of 922 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Carson City, Nevada
“Great food and great Thai decor”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice, up-scale atmosphere with some beautiful Thai wood art. Been here many times, and always very good food. It is my most frequented Thai restaurant in Reno because of the nice atmosphere, usually quiet, great food, and convenient location. The price is commensurate with the quality of the restaurant, higher end for Thai.

• Visited March 2014

Cupertino, California
“Worth the 10 minute drive from downtown!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fabulous Thai food that is ultra-fresh and promptly served with very friendly service in a quietly serene and tastefully decorated dining room. The flavors were right on for the seafood hotpot, tofu/eggplant, shrimp/snow peas/corn dishes we ordered. The ice cream desserts of green tea, coconut, and ginger flavors were heavenly. Among the best Thai food I have eaten compared to Thai restaurants in San Francisco and New York. Directions: just go south on Virginia Street to Mt. Rose Street, turn right with parking behind the restaurant as you pass it on the right side of the street.

• Visited May 2014
Reno, Nevada
“Addicting”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I wish I didn't live so close because I get take out here too often! I'm a thai addict and I moved here a year ago, this is one of the first meals I had in Reno, and now I get take out from there at least weekly. Very good, authentic (I've been to Thailand but am still a gringo so take that as you will), fresh, and fun. My favorites are the pad thai (I know, I know) with an extra egg, and I love the crispy basil chicken, the curries are all great, and I die for the shrimp rangoon. My stomach is grumbling now! There is a reason they have received so many awards in Reno!

• Visited February 2014
Reno, Nevada
“Four satisfied”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Nicer ambiance than a lot of Thai restaurants. We had the duck, Pad si ew, pumkin curry, and something called Basil. We all loved our meals. They are running a coupon on their website. They let us use it even though we ordered specials. Very accommodating with substitutions. All in all a very good experience.

Visited February 2014
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park, California
“Great Thai”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is a great Thai restaurant which, as with all Thai restaurants, gives you a very great amount of control in regard to spiciness.

Of the dishes we sampled, the pumpkin curry and roti are highly recommended. The pumpkin curry seems to dull spiciness down a bit curry-wise, so you may want to knock up the spice a notch higher than you'd expect to be your ideal.

Aside from the curry and roti, I enjoyed the ambiance. Very well done, subtle lighting and pleasing wood work. It reminds a lot of the décor one sees in many mid-size Thai cities, of course including portraits of the Thai royal family, all despite being run at least in part by Caucasians. One was even wearing a sinh and pulling it off beautifully.

• Visited January 2014