“Good Steakhouse”

Ruby River Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruby River Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 917 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Joaquin Valley California
“Good Steakhouse”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Across the street from the Peppermill away from the strip. Decent steaks and you can add a lobster tail to your steak really cheap. I think it was $6.00.

Visited October 2013

austin
“Great food, terrible service!!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I hate writing this review. The good, great atmosphere, food is very good including drinks. Ribs are the best, steaks are good but depending on cooks, can be too salty. Salad is good, bread is tasty. So what is my beef? The service is terrible.

Years ago I truly enjoyed this restaurant and went there 2-3 times a month. Then, I went there one night with a party and had terrible service from the waitress. It was so bad, we left without eating.

About a year and a half later, I was there for a party for a friend so I was able to try it again. Things seemed different, good service. I therefore forgave the terrible service and decided to try it again. I ate there many times over the last few years; I even made it a point to bring out-of-town visitors there. So, whats my beef?

I was there in July with a party, served by Kylie O (per the receipt). I have to say this was one of the worst services I have ever been unfortunate to be a party to. First, waitress brought my daughter a glass with a huge chip in it, missing glass. Clearly she did not look first. Second, order was wrong for more than one person in our party. Third, she was slow slow slow. More on that later. We finally were served bread and there was an insect crawling on it. When I asked her did she see it, she said amazingly no.

Another terrible aspect was we were sitting on the north east corner of the restaurant. She had tables all over so she would take forever to get to us.

This location also revealed a huge potential health violation. Waitresses would get food, take it to the north east booth, near the entrance to the kitchen, put food down on the table and enjoy it in between serving guests. Let me make that clear, they would eat something, go to a table and serve guests, and go back to the table and eat some more. Not once did I SEE THEM WASHING THEIR HANDS!

I complained to the manager that we were waiting over 30 minutes for our receipt and our waitress had been terrible. He said he was sorry and would take care of it. Another 8-10 minutes went by, nothing. So, I got the waitress who gave us our bill finally, we left NO tip!
Then, I went looking for the manager, told him I had complained to him and he never came back, let alone got the waitress to bring out bill. We should have just left. He said he was the kitchen manager and he was sorry and gave me coupons. Big deal because I will not back.

The date of visit was July 28, 2013, a Sunday and it was not busy!

I enjoy the food there but with two terrible services, I cannot recommend this restaurant unless you want a big headache. Management is terrible, and allows potential health violations (which eating in Nevada while working is a violation).

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank tripnexus
Puebla, Mexico
“Finally Aged Beef”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I had the Rib-Eye, which according the menu was aged for 21 days. I asked the waiter and he told me it was wet aged. Worth every dime. Probably the best Rib-Eye I ever had.

My buddies went for the filet-mignon and confirmed my opinion. Wine was also very good.

• Visited September 2013
Lancaster, California
“GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Loved this steakhouse. First went to it when there was one in St. George, UT
So happy when we saw there was on in Reno, NV
They have the best Giant Prawns we have ever had and love their baked potato in a
jacket. Salad is always fresh and good.

• Visited September 2013
San Jose, California
“Best ribs ever”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Wish this place was in Bay Area would go there often. I love ribs and have to say they are the best ever. Decor is very western which I like as is casual great bar and since I have never eaten anything but the ribs my friends say the steaks and prime rib are also very good. Lovely salad and 1 other side comes with dinner. Great desserts if you are not so full to order one.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Ruby River Steakhouse? Share your experiences!