“Wonderful service, large portions and private surroundings- will return!”
Review of 4th Street Bistro

4th Street Bistro
Ranked #48 of 935 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
California
“Wonderful service, large portions and private surroundings- will return!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This was a surprise, away from the tawdry scene downtown. Definitely French inspired with inventive dishes and exceptional service. It is a true bistro, and has that feel of the French countryside with the owners overlooking everything. A dining experience rather than the rush of similar restaurants. Tables are nicely separate, very private and very romantic. The duck confit was authentic. The appetizer recommendations from our waiter were wonderful. Be sure to park up the hill behind the restaurant. The cars on the road belong to staff. We will return.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Gemma'smum

Sacramento, California
“Fine Dining”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My go to spot for dinner when I am in Reno. French Bistro ambience inside, and wonderful patio dining outside. The staff is professional, friendly and helpful. Great service. The menu changes with the seasons, so you are sure to get the freshest seasonal items when you dine there. I've had the salmon and halibut, which are always cooked to perfection. I would recommend trying any of the daily special dinner salads, soup and/or appetizers as they have always been outstanding. Nice selection of wines by the glass, 1/2 bottle and full bottle. Oh yes, and be sure to save room for dessert!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ellen K
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

4th street Bistro is a true gem. We visited from SF and were so impressed with the quality and local selection. Bravo!

Visited June 2014
Reno, Nevada
“complicated”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

It's not that the food was bad, it was actually good. But very
French and with an attitude. The staff had a bit of an attitude as well. I can't really express why i didn't jump for joy. I was there several years ago and left with the same feeling. It was rather pricy. I do know a lot of people really like it an recommend it. But there was a reason I did not have a desire to go back. I think it starts with the waiter/waitress asking if you want bottle water or do you want tap water. Reno has great water and I said tap. I felt like a had dropped several notches in his eyes and it went down hill from there.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank deb m
Palo Alto, California
“Fine Dining in Reno”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Really enjoyed our recent visit to the 4th St. Bistro. The location is ideal and the feel of the place in nice. We had the broccoli soup as a starter which was excellent, the texture was amazing. My wife had the fish and I had a Basque style steak, both were quite good. The chocolate tart and poppy seed angle food cake for desert, again, both quite good and highly recommended. They have Samuel Smith beer which I love and is hard to find,

More than anything, I really like a professional wait staff. Good recommendations, always available and was happy to be there.

• Visited June 2014