“40 years of great food!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 905 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Reno, Nevada
“40 years of great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been going to Miguels for years & years. Every time we try a new Mexican restaurent we always ask ourselves why when Miguels is the best!!

Visited May 2014

“Average Mexican Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Recently visited this restaurant based on its above-average reviews but found it to be very mediocre. Couldn't help but notice they cater to their "regulars" who walk in and seat themselves at the tables of their choices. We were seated right next to the entrance. When the server asked for our order and we requested for just a moment longer to decide, as punishment, she elected to ignore us for quite some while after that - even though the restaurant was not busy. Just as we were about to give up, a much nicer wait staff member noticed we had been abandoned and then got things rolling again. We decided to order various combo plates, two of which had chile rellenos in them. Much to our disappointment, the chile rellenos were obviously made with green chiles from a can. Nothing authentic or outstanding about any of the food we were served. That, along with the disappointing service we received, will likely cause us to skip this place in the future. Plus side, food was served hot.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nevada
“Gringo Mexican Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Miguel's gets great reviews but I found it to be predictable and boring. The food is bland, including the salsa. Chips were good. Service was fine. It was packed on a Friday night with lots of families and children. The atmosphere is festive. I'd rather go to Boito's or Tacos del Rey.

• Visited March 2014
Las Vegas
“Good Mexican Food in Reno- Go Figure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Visiting my son in Reno and decided to get some Mexican food. Checked TripAdvisor and queried "good" Mexican food in Reno and Miguel's came up with high reviews. Went there for dinner at 5:15 and the place was packed which is a good sign. Waited 10 minutes to be seated. Ordered a total of 2 margaritas which were very good. They actually had alcohol in them and you could taste it :). My dinner order was a side order of beans, tortillas soup, Chili Colorado and Flan. Everything was VERY good. The soup was excellent and the Chili Colorado was very flavorful. The service was quick and courteous. I spoke with the female owner who was directing her staff like a Field General :). Not in a bad way, just very precise and orderly. I watched her work the room, talking with customers and maintaining control of the restaurant. I told her of my excellent dining experience. She was very appreciative. This is a family run business which should do very well. I would definitely recommend this eatery.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PuggleLovers
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average- bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Went for valentines day with my girlfriend. Other than taking 1 drink order and bringing our food. We never saw our waiter again. We couldnt even get a refill on our soctor pepper. I ordered a bee enchilada and I must say that Taco bell does better. It was bland and only had crappy ground beef! Not even shredded! They will have to make some huge changes if they want to stay afloat. Anyways I will never go back. Hacienda in Reno is MUCH BETTER

• Visited February 2014