“Well appointed hotel, but needs to be cleaner”

Hampton Inn & Suites Reno
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Fair Oaks, Ca, United States
“Well appointed hotel, but needs to be cleaner”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have stayed at Hampton Inns across the country and have always been pleased with the facility and the service. This property has the same in-room amenities, but the rooms looked clean, but were not as well kept as many I have stayed in. But, overall, a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I travel for work a lot and whenever I am in Reno I stay here. I have stayed at MANY hotels in Reno and this is the cleanest one everytime! I love the beds. I have a bad back and this bed is the best. It is not hard and not too soft - it's perfect and the pillows are just right.

Since I travel here a lot, I am usually greeted by Leo who always remembers me and knows my name. He is always polite and will go out of his way to get me whatever I need to make me comfortable and have a nice stay.

Breakfast is always a nice touch. It is hot and there is always someone right there to help get you whatever you may need. If you are looking for an easy in/out in Reno, right off the freeway, clean and neat hotel this is one of the best in the area. Will of course stay again and again.

Room Tip: I love the King Suites. It gives me a little more room to work and move around. I have never had any...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Went to Reno to visit some friends - we wanted to stay close to the airport and away from casinos. The hotel was also one of the least expensive on the Hilton HHonors website for the area. (I have Gold HHonors Status so try to stay at Hilton Properties). This was for a Friday and Saturday night stay.

The hotel front desk clerk, Leo, was friendly and welcoming. Cookies were put out in the evening for a snack and breakfast in the morning was well attended to with a clean food area and the food tasted fresh. (Not something I can say about every Hampton Inn). This was one of the better Hampton Inn breakfasts I've had.

We were upgraded to a suite room which was nice as the room was quite spacious, the bed was clean and comfortable. The room was not too hot or too cold, parking was fairly easy and a packet of popcorn for our microwave was also a nice touch. Overall, I was impressed by the value of the room and overall quality. I would stay at this hotel again given the positive experience here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Pueblo, United States
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is a great hotel! It is newer and very clean. The staff is very friendly. The beds are quite comfortable. It's about 10 minutes from the casinos, but that's what I wanted since I came for a business trip. If I have to go to Reno again, this is where I'm staying.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Clinton, United States
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The hotel staff were very helpful and worked to make our stay enjoyable. The pool was very nice. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, there was a nice variety of choices. The rooms were clean and comfortable. This hotel is located on the outskirts of Reno in a very nice area close to eating, shopping and family entertainment (movie theaters, etc).

1 Thank Vern H
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Counter staff (Leo, Francesca) always friendly and accomodating. Breakfast personnel (Fiona & others) pay close attention to the breakfast offerings and keep them well stocked.
Beds are very comfortable and room is always clean.

Leavenworth, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Quiet hotel. Good breakfast selection, even though the scrambled eggs appeared like they were made from powder. Has a nice indoor pool. Shopping center for food, etc is nearby. Beds are a bit on the soft side. Internet/wifi is difficult to use due to passwords and such for devices.