“Room with a View”

Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Carmel Valley
“Room with a View”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

this hotel is on the outskirts of Reno on the edge of open country teeming with birdlife. Views from this property are spectacular. The breakfast scene is calmer than many hotels that include breakfast. We always found a table and did not have to wait to get to the food. The lobby is spacious with high ceilings and sun streaming in in the morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This seven year-old motel looks like new, thanks to a renovation completed earlier this year. The staff was efficient and extremely friendly and polite. The price was fair, considering that it was a busy Memorial Day weekend.

Our room on the third floor was clean and comfortable. While traffic noise was negligible, we did have to turn the refrigerator off at night because there was an annoying vibration or intermittent hum on a 3-second cycle. (Refrigerators in some other motels generate this same annoying resonance, which seems to bother only light sleepers.) The HVAC system had a resonance issue too, and it did not appear to be confined to our room. Adjusting the thermostat in our room took some getting used to; we learned by trial and error that the temperature control buttons must be jabbed three times in rapid succession before they work.

One of the drawers in our room would not close properly, but that was no big deal. Our one major complaint was with our room’s door lock, which did not engage properly unless the door was slammed (not a good thing to do at night!) or yanked until an audible “click” was heard. I reported this issue the first day, and although there was an attempt to fix it the door was still not locking properly when we left.

Be aware that this Hampton is in a suburban location that is well removed from downtown Reno and does not have restaurants and other conveniences within easy walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Harbor, Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is my most conflicted review for TripAdvisor yet. As expected I experienced a friendly helpful staff, plus a hotel offering the amenities and cleanliness expected from this trusted provider. The major issue is that the hotel is literally located within a large Professional offices complex, far from any activities one would associate with a visit to Reno. I do not gamble so it goes beyond the lack of the "casino" entertainment aspect, but dining as well. The closest eateries (Taco Bell & a Sub Shop) are at least a 15-20 minute walk away, otherwise one must drive another exit down to obtain other fast food options. My overnight stay was on the weekend, all the surrounding business offices were closed so it was very quiet and traffic free. For loyal Hampton Inn fans the night manager advised that a new Hampton Inn is being built on 80 and closer to the center of Reno many services.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

If excellent customer service is what you crave, like I do when I'm away, this is the place to stay when you are in Reno. EVERYONE, as in every single person, had a smile on their face, and we never heard the word "no". Super reasonably priced, and we didn't even have a reservation. The front desk upgraded our floor and the room had a lovely view. Thanks Hampton inn!

Stayed May 2014
Fresno, Texas
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was there yesterday and was so pleased with everything. Starting with the young man in the reception desk, Joaquin, (very handsome by the way) very polite. My room was perfect and quiet. It was just great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
tracy, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times as we have family in the area but the people aspect was the worst this last visit. We could not find parking worker responded I only work here. Heating / conditioner doesn't work well, as well the quilt/ comforter was very lumpy and not washed and dried properly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Connie W
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed there in April with my daughters volleyball team for a regional qualifier. While the stay was pleasant and the complimentary breakfast made it convenient, I don't have a complaint about that. My issue happened after leaving the hotel. When I checked my final bill, I thought the balance was high but didn't have my confirmation with me. So when I got home, found it and saw I was charged diff rates for diff days. I emailed Hilton customer service and got a generic email confirmation back that I would get a response within 48hrs. I got an email that said someone from the hotel will be contacting me within 7business days. After 10days and no contact, I emailed customer service back saying no one contacted me and 7 days should be more than enough time to rectify my issue. I emailed them both my confirmation and receipt and after another 2days another email just apologizing sayin they will send the hotel another reminder to contact me. That was May 11th and still Nothing! I work in the hotel industry and know for a fact that it takes 15minutes to rectify an issue like this especially with the backup I've sent to them. I also know that a poor review is not favorable but I have no other choice because I am getting the run around. What ever happened to taking ownership of an issue instead of continuous run around! This is very poor customer service from a Hilton property and makes me feel like I'm doing business with a Motel instead of what's supposed to be a reputable brand. A customer is only satisfied with the whole experience from check in to leaving. It's sad that this is now the last impression I have of Hilton.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family