“Claudia IS Best Western”

Best Western Plus Airport Plaza Hotel
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Sacramento, California
“Claudia IS Best Western”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

When we arrived in Reno for Hot August Nights 2014 we had the pleasure of meeting Claudia. She was informative as well as a genuine individual, she made our visit like going home again, she even remembered who we were when we called to book rooms for next years event! Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel has lived up to our expectations in cleanliness, friendliness and kudos to the young lady who serves coffee before 6:00 a.m.! Thank you all for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Use your up-grades if you have them!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Fair Oaks, California
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Good place to stay for a business traveler, centrally located in the Reno/Sparks area. Great staff, and all of amenities you could expect too. The price for a room is very good and a great value for what you get staying here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Auburn, California
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have stayed at other airport locations and I was not as pleased as I was with this one. I was shocked that It was so quiet. Staff was great. I sat on the patio and enjoyed a drink and the outdoor fireplace. I felt safe in my room and was close to everything I needed during my short visit. I will use them again. I even left behind an item and they kindly returned it to me. Thanks to the great staff who were paying attention. Housekeepers get my mom approval for a clean bathroom.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank nise95722
Livermore, California
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Our intent was to not stay in Reno. However, a family emergency required a last minute and complicated stay. After having traveled several hours under very stressful conditions and checking on "pet friendly" type hotels/motels and having very poor luck, we found the Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel. The access was easy, and the lobby inviting. They were very friendly when we arrived (without reservations of any type) and had a friendly greeting. We explained our situation (we had a dog and our parents also had a dog and that we needed handicap access for a previous injury), they found one pet friendly room and allowed us to keep multiple dogs in one. By the way, this was all at 11:00 at night with a wedding reception going on. The next morning we found that we can get a discount breakfasts, coffee, and they even made arrangements to extend our stay due to our emergency without any complications. Since we had to spend multiple days and different family members would be traveling in and out. The Best Western had no issues with this arrangement what-so-ever.

The grounds are like a resort. It is very peaceful with a waterfall fixture, mature trees, and a nice clean swimming pool. It was very quiet and inviting. The lounge is full service, the food is of quality, and the service and cleanliness of the rooms is outstanding for the price. I even met the owner who was very concerned over our impressions of his hotel, the service, and our comfort, but also wanted our opinions on what needs to be improved.

The staff is first rate and it is evident that customer service is at the top of their priority list along with cleanliness and quality. I had to spend nearly a week in this hotel and I was completely comfortable the entire time.

My only complaint is that they generally only have one person working the lobby check in/check out. This can cause a delay due to the fact that each employee gives their undivided attention to the current customer. They do not rush through a customer just to get to the next one. My recommendation would to have additional staff available during these peak times.

I would stay there again if my travels ever take me to Reno again.

Room Tip: The patio area is nearly resort quality as far as landscape, comfort, and quiet. There is free WiFi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Hamilton, Montana
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was a free night for us and we chose Reno because the points were right.(16000, much less than other places). Comfortable bed and close to where we played in a poker tournament. So, it was easy access. Even though it was near the airport - never heard a sound.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

fremont, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

hotel was perfect for what I need for hot August nights weekend it is centrally located for all the events with a easy drive,the parking and value are excellent,the restaurant is joust Ok for my liking you can get a better meal for less money else were,morning coffee hit the spot all in all I will stay there alwaye when Im in Reno

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

utah, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

nice hotel would stay again. grounds and pool area are very nice. nice room. very clean . only complaint was they wanted to charge you for coffee in the morning. i would reccomend this hotel. my wife and i and two grandsons had a very nice and relaxing stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family