Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
US$82
US$80
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$158
  • Restaurant
US$89
US$78
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Pool
US$60
US$56
Travelocity
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$68
Agoda.com
Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$54
15,258 results
All reviewsbowling alleysummit roomsjohnny rocketsdriving rangemovie theaterget awayan upgradenice roomslot machinesnon smokingbuffetrimfuncasinolarrygamblingstarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2011

The Grand Sierra is a huge complex with activities, entertainment, food, and even a place to sleep. The site is obviously a casino first and thus is not the best for some folk and families who don't like the noise and smoke associated with gambling. However, if you can get along with the atmosphere, the restaurants and entertainment are nice. The 2 rooms we used were clean and comfortable. The beds were comfortable...the pillows were not great...and the bathrooms really needed an overhaul. The plumbing was a 2 out of 5.

The staff was excellent and very helpful. There is plenty of parking and valet service is available.

We found the Fin Fish restaurant to be first rate...but a bit pricy. We each had an appetizer, an ala-cart veg, a water, a tea, a glass of wine... for just over $40 each...before the tip. The food was outstanding, and the service excellent!!!

One note... You are required to pay a $10 service fee up front...plus tax...that gives you free WiFi Internet and 2 free bottles of water. They will say you have free WiFi...interesting! The WiFi is very good!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2011

My family has been to Reno about 6 times and we have always stayed at Grand Sierra, formerly Reno Hilton. We were extremely disappointed in the quality of our stay this time. We traveled with my little 12 lb daschund and were put on the fourth floor for dogs. Little did I know it was way back in the hotel and a long ways from the grassy "potty" station for dogs. We had adjoining rooms and when we walked in, we were upset with the lack of cleanliness. My mom's room had green carpet that was covered with long white dog hair and to top it off, you could see soiled stains on the bottom of the bed skirt where a dog had lifted his leg. Our bedroom had those stains as well. The room had not been vacuumed, the sheets stained, hair in bathtub and floor, and shabby worn out furniture. I called head of housekeeping and she apologized and the maid changed all of our linens and performed a "special vac" on the carpets. For $30 a night pet fee I would think that that money goes into keeping the pet rooms clean! Special vac should be routine in these rooms. To top it off, when we checked on our bill we found all these hidden fees that were not disclosed. We had done our reservations directly on the phone and asked them the total for the stay. They failed to mention they charged a $11.50 hotel service fee per room per night. They don't even have a parking structure so you have to walk miles. What are you receiving for this fee I ask??Then they taxed the hefty dog fee, $3.90 per night. I have never had tax on a dog fee and we travel with our dog all the time. So our stay increased a total of $80 more than expected. They should at least mention this on the phone. The cafe was over priced with sandwiches starting at 12.99 up and dinners were $15 and up, the majority were $20-$32. If I want filet mignon I'll go to the steakhouse. I expect a cafe to be like a diner or coffee shop. And you wouldn't believe the room service price. Same meal jacked up 3-10 dollars more than the restaurant, $2 fee extra per person, 16% gratuity plus sales tax. No coffee in the room so everyone has to wait in a very long line at Starbuck's. With all the hidden fees and gouging prices, who has money to gamble?? Obviously we will not be returning. The belle hop was excellent by the way.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2011

The wedding photographer was unbelievably rude to family and friends and so was the wedding coordinator. The food was very tasty but rushed and the event room was too cold. For the price that was paid for everything, you would think the staff would have been more customer service friendly. A real wedding spoiler!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2011

It is an older property, But has everything you need to enjoy your stay except in room coffee!!!Starbucks is on property or room service will bring coffee to your room. The carpeting is aged but who cares. Had a great time gambling and dining. Didn't know when we stayed but they are pet friendly and next time I'll take my best friend♥ my dog!

Room Tip: Enjoy your stay
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I liked that you can check in a get your room as early as 11:00 am
The steak house and the fish house are excellent restaurants - great food and service
The wine bar is really fun
smoking is allowed in the casino - I could smell smoke in the restaurant.
The room was really comfortable - I like the availablilty of a refrigerator and microwave.
we didn't use room service, the spa or the pool. I might have used the pool the day before the meetings started but it was too windy. The pool and spa look good

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business