Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$60
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$99
US$70
US$137
US$124
Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$99
Official Site
  • Pool
US$89
US$78
Peppermill Resort Spa Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$70
Hotels.com
15,302 results
All reviewsbowling alleysummit roomsjohnny rocketsdriving rangemovie theaterget awayan upgradenice roomslot machinesnon smokingbuffetrimfuncasinolarrygamblingstarbucks
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Let me start by explaining my belief that there is one major reason to travel to Reno...as a way to get to Lake Tahoe. It is amazing how two locales can be so close geographically and so different in almost every other way. I don't mean any disrespect to Reno, a fine city with lots to offer, but every minute spent there is a minute away from Lake Tahoe.
That said, there have been many trip where I chose to spend one night in Reno, usually because I flew in late in the evening or was leaving early in the morning. When those times arise, I always choose to stay at the Grand Sierra. It is the closest resort to the airport, which makes it convenient, and it has something to offer for everyone.
The property is all-around nice. From the entrance of the hotel/casino to your room, everything is clean, shiny, and modern, thanks to a recent upgrade. The casino is full-service with plenty of tables, poker, and machines for your enjoyment. Restaurant choices are many and varied. There are non-gambling entertainment choices as well, including a large bowling alley, shops, etc. If you are a oenophile, you will enjoy the wine bar that allows you to use a prepaid card to walk around banks of wine dispensers, choosing to get 1, 3, or 5 ounce pours from a wide array of wines. If you always wanted to know what that $500 bottle of wine tastes like, here's your chance to get an affordable taste.
The rooms are better than what you should expect for the price you will probably pay. No, it's not the Four Seasons, but you're not paying $300+/night, either. The price will probably be closer to what you'd pay @ Motel 6 {shudder} but your experience will be at least a hundred fold better. If you can get a room on a higher floor, you may well have a great view of downtown Reno.
Our next trip to Tahoe is in October. We arrive in RNO @ 9pm, so we've already made reservations @ GSR for the first night. Managed to get it for $40 and we're staying there even though Harrah's would have put us up for free.
Go. Enjoy. Have fun.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GrandSierra_Manager, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hi Scott S!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate you choosing Grand Sierra as a stop on the way to Tahoe. With our excellent proximity to the airport and quick access to the Lake, you are not alone in your assessment. We are thrilled you enjoyed the newly remodeled hotel and casino. Grand Sierra has several dining options and we are pleased to hear you enjoy dining here. Our Wine Reserve is a fabulous option for wine lovers, with so many labels to sample. We look forward to welcoming you back again in October!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

For the price it was a great family get away on a budget. The rooms are ok, don't expect a 4 or 5 star hotel type. The room was tidy and nothing special. The hotel does have a lot for the kids to do. The 50 lane bowling alley was a blast for my family and especially they had discounted price of $2.00 a game and $2.00 for shoes from 9pm-midnight. There is an arcade as well. The pool was a bit disappointing as there were large youth groups there which it was not kept up as nice as it could be. There is an outdoor driving range that balls will go into the water...pretty fun. Also laundry facility was available at their RV Park area which made it very convenient. There were many choices for restaurant as well and they were not too bad. Would definitely return for a quick family getaway.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi cmtbmom!
Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your family getaway. Our Bowling Center is quite popular and we are glad you were able to enjoy it during your stay. Grand Sierra has so much to offer all under one roof. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is great-- remodeled, great staff and a good atmosphere. That's why we make an annual trip to the resort.

But the elevators were incredibly slow this time around. A fight even occurred between patrons at one point! Hopefully the hotel fixes this soon.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DesireeCherisse

Hello DesireeCherisse!
Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We genuinely appreciate all feedback we receive. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel, our newly remodeled décor and found our staff to be great. We sincerely apologize you experienced a delay with our elevators. This is not typical of the experience at the Grand Sierra and we are working hard to resolve this challenge. We hope to welcome you back again next year for your annual trip!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Casino Floor Manager Sunny Patel and her staff always make my wife and me feel right at home by greeting us whenever she see us in the casino. She has made it a point to remember our names and always goes out of her way to help us enjoy our visit. We also enjoy eating at the "Elements" Buffet and try to do so whenever we can. All the staff is courteous and the facilities are neat and clean. Thank you GSR.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Donald D!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on TripAdvisor! Sunny is an outstanding team member and we will certainly recognize her for making your and your wife feel at home at Grand Sierra. We are delighted to hear you enjoy eating at the Buffet and have experienced excellent service from our staff. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed 7/18-20
My family vacation at GSR was mediocre. First thoughts when we arrived were “We will have a great time”. The room was not worth the price, comparing my stays in Las Vegas, San Francisco and other cities and hotel and resorts. The wifi was had a fair strength the entire stay, very glad I was not on a business trip that needed a stronger wifi signal. There was a hole in a picture hanging on the wall, the desk had scratches on it, as if someone’s cat got a hold of it. Although I reserved the room months in advance, there were not enough towels and toiletries provided for my family of five, so I had to call room service. The pool area was taken over by teenage baseball players that were not supervised, definitely not ideal for small children (which is hypocritical because the GSR website advertisement displays a picture of children playing in the sand not teenagers playing volleyball). While at the pool I enjoyed their classic margarita, I would have been happy with my experience there but while I was enjoying myself I noticed that samples of budlight were being offered to EVERYONE except me, which I cannot help think had a lot to do with my ethnicity and not so much a question of maybe she does not drink this particular drink. The room service was no better, for a four star resort you expect more. Grilled salmon Caeser salad, salmon was dry and over cooked, fish tacos came with rice pilaf and canned refried beans. My husband was very upset about their false advertisement in their menu, open faced turkey sandwich that comes with mashed potatoes and gravy was under their sandwich category that offered a side of french fries, salad or coleslaw. They did not state that this offer was not available for the open faced turkey sandwich. Oh, I saved the best for last, the elevators were HORRIBLE, and at least a 10-15 minute wait each time, three working elevators on a weekend is inexcusable, no one wants to wait that long for an elevator each trip. During check-out I was not asked a simple but important question, how was your stay? Or did you enjoy your stay with us? This question lets me know that you actually care about my experience. I will never stay here again nor will I ever refer this establishment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family