Message from TripAdvisor:

Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed in a Grand Suite which was very well appointed and maintained. The housekeeping services were excellent thanks to the service provided by Xue Lan. This is my third business trip to this hotel in the past 12 months and while other hotel services were lacking, overall I felt at home, when I returned to my room at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Request the "Summit" side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
GrandSierra_Manager, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Good morning Nanacy O,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review! We strive to provide great customer service to all of our guests, and are delighted that you mentioned one of our valued team members. We will certainly make sure she is recognized accordingly! We hope to see you again for your next business trip!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have never eaten at such a lowdown, take your money buffet!!! It was one of worst places to eat ever!!! I took my Daughter and her children, the food was AWFUL!!! The ice cream AWFUL and all the rest.
Will never return!!!!

Room Tip: Do not go there to eat!!1
Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jenn P
Reviewed 23 August 2014

When my wife and I went to check in, they mistakenly gave our room away. The Hotel was booked because Tony Bennett was playing there. Larry Rosborough (Executive Host) who is a fantastic host, and Linda found us the perfect room within minutes. We came there to see Tony, but Larry also asked if we wanted to see Masters of magic show that night. We went, had great seats,gave us a few drink tickets, we had a great time, and it was surprisingly a very good show. The Tony Benett show (do I have to say more) was just great, Larry got us 4th row, again with some complimentary drink tickets. We went to Briscola Italian Restaurant, it was great. First night we went to the steak house, My t-bone was made just right, and was delicious. My wife ordered the filet. The first one came out burnt, the 2nd one was to rare, but they did make it right. Don the manager felt so bad because of the bad experience, that he comped the steak. I wil go back again. It was the sixth time I've ben there, and my food always came out perfect. They realy do take pride in their food, and try to make it a great experience. We didn't go this time, but the Elements Bufet is fantastic, and Ron Zarate the manager runs a good Bufet. The price is right.but get a players card and its even better. Great for the kids of all ages,pool is perfect, my wife likes the shopping,they have a bowling center, video arcade, Spa and lots more. The table games and slots are priced right for all. I have come here numerous time, and always have a god experience. I try not to complain, so I only review the best places we frequent. If you come to Reno, don't go downtown, very dirty. Try to make this your stop, and its minutes from the airport and very clean, with a great staff.

Room Tip: room facing the lake, any rom close to elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leonard w

Hello Leonard W,

Thank you for your top rated review of the Grand Sierra Resort! We truly appreciate your feedback of so many amenities within the property. Also, thank you for mentioning so many of our team members. We will certainly make sure they are recognized accordingly. See you soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We played the slots; we went bowling; we had a skee ball tournament; we had cocktails, and we stuffed our faces all without leaving the hotel. Then we slept like babies in our giant room in comfy beds. We had an absolutely fun family vacation here :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Good morning Melissa V,

Thank you for reviewing Grand Sierra Resort on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled that you had a great family vacation. We like to offer everything under one roof for all of our guests. Thank you for experiencing so many of our amenities. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This hotel had a luxury feel and look to it. Everything in our room was marble and chrome. The bathroom was luxury at its finest. The casino are was alive the whole time was visiting. The club crowd was a little young for my taste.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
GrandSierra_Manager, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Hello Desmon M,

Thank you for the “Sweet!!” review of the GSR on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit, and that you got to experience LEX! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hidden fees were a downside. Fairly clean but off in its own location so after drinking you were kinda stuck. Overall a decent stay. The staff did not inform us about the fees and neither did the site I reserved I reserved it on. Walls needed work but overall a decent room. Ended up costing more than I expected

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Nikki M
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was our third visit to the Grand Sierra. It is the only hotel/casino my husband and I will stay at. The service, cleanliness, and fun environment is consistently great quality. Our favorite restaurants are Rim and Charlie Palmers, but we also love to grab a milkshake at Johnny Rockets! The Beach is also a great atmosphere: fun music, great hottub, and a decent bar. We are non smokers and I compliment the Grand Sierra greatly for keeping the air quality as clean as possible.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Good evening Annie R,

Thank you for the top rated Tripadvisor review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit, especially the Food and Beverage outlets. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the future!