“Not acceptable...” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not acceptable...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

I visited Reno for a national bowling tournament recently and decided to stay @ the Circus Circus. Bad Idea!!! First off when we were booked to a room and we got to that room on the 18th floor we were then surprised by being booked into a room where there was already a family. Once relocated to another floor and room with nothing said about the confusion we were then stuck next to a room full of children/teens up at all times extremely loud. These 4 days didnt go by fast i'll asure you this! If you have children and want to be close to the circus that's great however if you are there not for that reason I suggest either the Silver Legacy or El Dorado! I'ver stayed there and they are excellent!

Room Tip: Great for children,not as a business deal!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elizabeth M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

The hotel was nice-clean-friendly service but the thing that stood out the most was that we were called about the fact that we left our laptop behind-before we even knew it was missing! The extremely kind and helpful manager asked our address and shipped it free of charge to our home. What? Honesty?? Still alive and well in Reno NV at Circus Circus! Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: Tower rooms are less!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mayb2maui
Fernley, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Circus Reno has for quite some time offered extremely reasonable Sun. thru Thur. rates, and my most recent stay, first week of May 2012, has been no exception. The casino is 24 hour, non-stop gaming action. The non-gaming crowd enjoy the carnival style games on the mezzanine, and the circus acts wow all ages. My room in the north tower was clean and well maintained. My only disappointment was that they no longer offer the Ultimate BBQ Platter at their Smokin' Gecko restaurant, which has changed to Dos Gecko and offers Mexican entrees.

Room Tip: They generally don't open the Sky Tower unless bookings are up, but I kind of prefer the rooms l...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

I would have given them a lower rating, but the room was actually well equipped, spacious and clean. The air conditioner was terribly noisy and our shower head didnt work, but overall not so bad. Otherwise- I hated it. The lobby was a warning of everything to come. Stale, smokey air, old carpet, and people hanging around. . I never really felt safe. I wasnt there for the casino or nightlife. Going to and from my car was like a scary street corner in a bad neighborhood. Even at 6 am when i left each morning, there wer dicey looking men in the elevators. The reviews on tripadvisor lead me to believe this was a very dfferent type of place. I had meetings and they had rooms near the freeway. This is not a place for a woman to stay alone. The food options are limited to casinos. If I had to do it again ", I would never stay here. The Nugget, Grand Sierra, Peppermill etc, have a more wholesome looking clientele- at least for a casino in Nevada.

Room Tip: Definitely the tower
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gemma'smum
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I bought the room through living social at a really good rate. Since the rate was cheap I exspected get the worst room in the hotel. I was quite suprised by how well I was treated by the front desk employee (I'm sorry I do not recall his name, but he was great). At check in I was given the option of the location of my room, he did say you paid a low rate so I gonna put in the worst room we have. I was placed on the 20th fl.
Good things: the staff were great all we encounted, even in the resturant in circus circus. The room were nice and clean. In room movies was nice touch. Meals in the hotel resturants were of great quality and inexspensive. We ate at the all american place and there steak place.
Bad: Walls are thin, but unless your and extremly light sleeped you should be ok. No flat screen TV.
I like to Ski at mount rose, so I will definatly book a room at the circus circus when I plan my next trip. It's a great place to stay if you have family or kids. If you can book for $150 or less then I say do it, but anything over $150 it a little to much for circus circus unless your in a penthouse room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hotelman08
Fremont, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

The hotel room is basic and clean. The fun zone was a blast for the kids. We ate at the Americana Cafe and the pizza place and they were both tasty. The place is crowded, especially in the kid area, but the kids didn't care and they won a bunch of "crap" lol. Later, mom and dad played in the casino and won a little money. We really had fun. Its smoky, its crowded, but its lively and the staff is great. One minor thing...We called for room service and the number said no one was available. We call the front desk and they say "They SHOULD be available" and transferred me somewhere else, and the guy who answered said that room service was closed during restaurant renovations. Hmm. no room service, and the staff wasn't aware? Staff meeting maybe? Oh well. We got off our fat butts and went downstairs to eat and it all worked out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains to the west. We had a view of Walgreens and the parking...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Matlock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here as was passing through Reno on a road trip, it was perfectly fine to be fair, a bit run down like the vegas circus circus but had a great game of poker here, reasonable buy ins with friendly dealers, the slots area is sound, very good bar/drink service, had a quick walk round the kids type games area which was a head ache but to be expected.

Would recommend the hotel and casino as it was good value and good location, wasnt overly enthused by Reno but was a funny night out, the average age of people there seemed to be well over 40 (we were 26&26) but still had a good laugh.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends