“Exactly what I expected.”
Review of La Quinta Inn Reno

La Quinta Inn Reno
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Sacramento, California
“Exactly what I expected.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I booked a hotel through the airline website because I needed activity to secure my FF miles. I asked for a quiet room away from dogs and pool. I was obliged with quiet, clean room and a comfy bed. Breakfast was "ok" but seating area is way too small so I had to take the food to my room. It would be nice if trays were provided to compensate for the small seating area.

Overall, good experience. It was my first stay at a La Quinta and I would try them again.

Room Tip: West side is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Thoiry, France
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and at the nearby Best Western for 1 night. This place is more basic (and a bit further from the airport) and $25/night cheaper. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable budget motel, this place will be fine. Compared to the BW, the only amenity I missed was that at LQ there is no in-room fridge. Free breakfast (not true at BW)....not lavish but includes waffles (but be warned, like my motel breakfasts, the coffee is lousy). Wifi is easy and quick and works ok. Seems to be very popular with people traveling with dogs, since they are pet friendly...just means that there will be some dogs around, no big deal. Overall a good motel, walkable from the airport and very close to the freeway.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here two separate nights....one coming into Reno and the other a few days later when we departed. We chose the location because we had a late night and an early morning flight and wanted to be nearest to the airport. The first night was fine, no issues whatsoever and I was in fact going to give this a 4 star rating...but that all changed the second night. Wow...what a disappointing experience. I agree it's good for hotels to be pet friendly...but not if they aren't going to clean up!! Isn't that what a pet deposit is for?? We dropped our bags off and went to dinner...after arriving back in our room and settling in for the night...that's when we noticed a HUGE problem. There was massive animal hair ALL OVER the carpet, and the bathroom floor clearly had not been cleaned either. SO GROSS! My husband called the front desk to request a vacuum due to the dog hair. A few minutes later maintenance showed up with a vacuum - not to do their job and actually take care of the problem, but rather to hand US the vacuum to do it ourselves! We're not above using a vacuum but given the circumstances, thought the situation should've been handled WAY differently. One sweep of the vacuum across the floors and the problem was remedied...unbelievable just how much hair was all over the room, clearly floors had NOT been cleaned. Made us question the cleanliness of the entire room, although the beds and everything else were very clean - believe me we did a thorough inspection after realizing the amount of dirt and hair on the floors! Just sad that they couldn't have remedied this in a more guest-friendly manner, offered to move us to a different room and helped us with our bags, or some token of apology. We got nothing...and as a result we will not stay here again. We could not wait to get out of there the next morning...and away from the dirty room. UGH.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CONatureGirl

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I choose to stay in La Quintas and earn rewards through them because I never have to wonder whether I can take all three of my medium sized dogs there. The rooms are typically very clean, especially for a hotel that caters to pet people. They understand that people with pets need to travel too and also deserve a good experience. I will continue to stay at La Quintas in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

El Paso, Texas, USA
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hotel was very nice and excellent service. Only issue is the thermostat in the room did not work however the air conditioning worked manually. It was easy on and off the highway. I love the pet friendliness of La Quinta.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple