“Checked in and checked right back out!”
Review of La Quinta Inn Reno

La Quinta Inn Reno
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Astoria, Oregon
“Checked in and checked right back out!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am not high maintenance when it comes to hotel rooms, but I do expect a certain level of cleanliness. We walked into our room to find it smelling of animal urine. Initially, I was willing to put up with it as we were exhausted from our day of traveling, until I took a look at the bathroom sink. There was still black hair stubble in the sink, as well as a little bug that both my husband and I believed to be a flea on the counter top. Thankfully, I hadn't brought my dogs into the room yet. We figured maybe the maid staff must have missed this room and asked to switch. The second room we were given also smelled of urine, had a significant amount of animal hair on the bed, and sticky soda or something on the walls. I understand that this is a pet friendly hotel, but we didn't pay to stay in a kennel. We went down the street to the Holiday Inn Express… they do charge a pet fee, but it was well worth it.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and try the Holiday Inn Express instead.
2 Thank audreyann87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Reno, Nevada, USA
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is very near the airport but there is no airport noise. If you are attending an event in Reno it is centrally located on US 395 allowing easy access to all the entertainment venues the city offers. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast served is good. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed to visit family. I was looking for something quiet and decent but not luxurious and this met my needs. I love the breakfast waffles. There were other items as well, juice and coffee, bagels, fruit, hardboiled eggs. My room was quiet and clean, nice linens, newer TV with connectors if you need them. The internet access was probably the best I have experienced in a hotel, very quick.

1 Thank Vicki C
Pensacola, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. Accomodations were very nice, clean and comfortable. The hotel location is excellent for getting downtown in less than 10 minutes, in addition to the ease of getting to the airport.

Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We got the suite, so as to have enough room for ourselves and our two children. The king room was nice. The bath was okay but you had to go through the king room to get to it, kind of hard for the kids staying in the "living room". Sleeper sofa was not comfortable, but when are they. Overall very good

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I booked a hotel through the airline website because I needed activity to secure my FF miles. I asked for a quiet room away from dogs and pool. I was obliged with quiet, clean room and a comfy bed. Breakfast was "ok" but seating area is way too small so I had to take the food to my room. It would be nice if trays were provided to compensate for the small seating area.

Overall, good experience. It was my first stay at a La Quinta and I would try them again.

Room Tip: West side is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thoiry, France
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and at the nearby Best Western for 1 night. This place is more basic (and a bit further from the airport) and $25/night cheaper. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable budget motel, this place will be fine. Compared to the BW, the only amenity I missed was that at LQ there is no in-room fridge. Free breakfast (not true at BW)....not lavish but includes waffles (but be warned, like my motel breakfasts, the coffee is lousy). Wifi is easy and quick and works ok. Seems to be very popular with people traveling with dogs, since they are pet friendly...just means that there will be some dogs around, no big deal. Overall a good motel, walkable from the airport and very close to the freeway.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo