“Meh. Just Meh.”

Motel 6 Reno-Livestock Events Center
Ranked #46 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Check in was smooth. Asked for a non smoking room as the little has asthma. Was put into a gross smoking room. Asked to be moved and was told they could not since they were booked Friday and Saturday. Um, it was Thursday. Move me to a room reserved for somone to take Friday and Saturday. Just switch our rooms with theirs. Toilet was broken. Finally got moved to a different room. Carpet was dirty with a stain if some sort, AC was broken, and it was a smoking room. I was told they would clean it deeply and give me new sheets, which reeked of smoke. I dont think that was ever done.The pool was to cold to swim.
Only saving grace was the manager, Christopher, lent us a fan since the AC was broke and we were able to walk to the livestock center.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 September 2011

OMG! Haven't stayed in a Motel 6 in a while.....now I know why. Toilet was dirty. Walls were so thin I literally had to sleep with a pillow over my head. I thought the window was open you could here the freeway traffic all night long. I put the comforter on the floor near the gap of the door to inhibit the noise but didn't help. Couldn't wait to get the heck out of there. When I was checking in the clerk said they had no extra blankets, towels or linen.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room not facing the freeway...may be a little quieter???
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mariard
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Have stayed at this Motel 6 twice on the way to Oregon. Stayed in "accessible" rooms both times (its the only way they will guarantee downstairs, and I have a TON of stuff). Good service, no noticeable noise (even on the freeway side). They used to offer a discount at the nearby Denny's - don't know if that's still true. Everything works and is clean. Great value.

Room Tip: Wifi available at $3 a day
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank NVRoaddog
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We had previously stayed at this particular Motel 6 several times the last couple of months because we have pets and our daughter had returned from basic training in Texas, she lives in Reno. The late afternoon/evening gal is great, very helpful friendly, pleasant. But the morning gal is very unprofessional and rude. My daughter asked for a late check out ( which is 1/2 hr) and she said why? You still have an hour. We were downtown at the time having breakfast and my daughter was petsitting. The front desk clerk told her no. I was irritated with this and called her and asked if she could please extend us a 1/2 hour that we were downtown. She said no that gambling was not a good enough reason for a 1/2 hour! I was astonished and confused. I let her know my feelings and the manager went and banged on our door and told my daughter you must be out by 12:00! and don't be rude to my employee's! Unbelievable! No more Motel sleazy for us.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David O
m60272, General Manager at Motel 6 Reno-Livestock Events Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Unfortunately in this situation we were unable to offer late checkout times due to being sold out for the weekend of New Years. We eventually had to contact the guest in her room to explain that it was approaching an hour past checkout time and we needed to clean the room and make it ready for a reservation. Normally we try to accomodate requests from our guests.

Reviewed 29 May 2009

My sister and her boyfriend stayed at this motel 6 unsure if this is the policy of all Motel 6's but there is something you need to know, this Motel 6 has some sort of connection to the police department, My sister had a warrant in Reno and when they checked into the motel they asked for both ID's and the next morning police knocking on the door my sister was off to jail on a warrant that was 12 years old, Now I know that it's her fault for not taking care of her warrant but thought you all would like to know this Motel 6's policy.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Janny50
Reviewed 3 November 2007

The front deskperson at this Motel 6 was very friendly. My pet was welcome, as is Motel 6 policy, and there was enough outdoor grass araes for walking.

The motel is clean and the rooms had new bed linens and a brand new shower stall. This Motel 6 is right off the interstate, so it's easy to find, and is far enough away from Reno's gambling area to be less hectic. The airport is only 3 miles away, and the freeway is right there, so it's easy to get to.

A Denny's is within walking distance of the motel.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Satisfaction7
Reviewed 29 January 2007

Stayed there 3 nights over a weekend. Definitely cheaper than the casino hotels that boost weekend rates way up. Room was very clean but nothing in the way of amenities except for free dial out for local calls, which I used to dial into my internet provider. The staff is friendly, the maids were not annoying, but they do not provide a Do Not Disturb sign, so you would have to make your own. The only bad part is that overall the area is seedy. One evening we returned to find no less than 8 police cars parked all around the motel. We thought it best to leave and return later when everything was calm. The front desk would not tell us what happened, but later on the news we saw a drug raid being conducted at another nearby motel, so perhaps they staked out the wrong motel the first time. If you are concerned about safety, especially if you have children, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank brianfx