“Worst place ever!!!! Don't stay there please!!!”

Motel 6 Reno-Livestock Events Center
Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Las Vegas
“Worst place ever!!!! Don't stay there please!!!”
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

By far the worst place I ever stayed in and quite dangerous too...
No hot water,no WiFi,terrible smell on the room ( made my child so sick that we left),ac wasn't working,no towels,tissues,stain on toilet bowls and carpets.
I never ever saw anything that bad in my life.They should close it for good.Shame on them.Lot of gang/ drugs/,prostitution....unbelivable.
Please pay 10 more bucks and stay someplace else.
U will be glad ( and safe).

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank jorgrl73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed at Motel 6 for an extended amount of timeand experienced the most horrible treatment from management. several Mexicans staying there started an open flame BBQ behind my horse trailer, in the rear of the facility. I asked them to please move as a result of the fuel I was storing in the rear of my truck, they moved reluctantly but after i returned to leave. The fuel containers were stolen from my truck. When I called the front office I was told it was my problem and they couldnt do anything about it, and that there was no monitoring system to prove who did it. When I told them what room it was I was told it wasnt their problem. I let it go, lesson learned and went back to business but noticed at nights the high level of coming and going through the complex by prostitutes and drug dealers. While I was there a fist fight broke out in the parking lot from a large group of hispanics who didnt even have a room there, about 25 kids all together, two of which hit two of the residents who asked them not to lean on there cars. The management and ffice personnel did nothing to rememdy the problem, but instead just looked and yelled at the group from a distace. No police were called. Yesterday at lunch I came back to my room and saw the carpet cleaning guy for the complex draining chemicals and debri into the storm drain in front of the complex, when I went to the office and mentioned it the the clerk, and that the sotrm drain fed to the river. The clerk told me they do it everyday. The clerk said she'd mention it to the manager who in turn lied to me and said the chemicals where biodegradable and it was ok, when I told her the carpet fibers were sewage and the stuff extracted from the carpets were a hazard, she said she's call the carpet company. The next day I was told I was no longer a guest at Motel 6 and not to return.

Room Tip: Dont go here
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank John F

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels

sacramento, ca
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We were struggling to find a place to stay over the Memorial Day weekend. There was an AAU Basketball tournament with 971 teams in town. So rooms were at a premium. Fortunately (or not) we were able to get a room at this location.

Yes... we did not expect much from this hotel. I did find it a little odd that there was no shampoo in the rooms. But they did have a mini-fridge and a small microwave oven... so it could have been worse. We were only in this room to sleep since we were part of the madness of this basketball tournament.

We had 2 double beds in the room but it was a tight squeeze for 2 people to share a bed. There were 3 of us in the room. Not a well supplied room either. But again... we were only in the room for a maximum of 7 hours for the day (to sleep). They had cable TV so you could catch up on a few shows or HBO. The fan in the bathroom was a bit noisy and we had to rattle the handle on the toilet to get it to stop flowing so that it could refill properly. Again... this is a barebones property. You get what you pay for.

There is no hot tub but there is a pool... but it was too cold to swim in over Memorial Day. They do provide coffee in the lobby in the morning.

So.... if you need a cheap place to stay (hopefully not too long).... this place is OK. They were doing construction on the freeway at the Wells Ave exit so you had to detour to get here (depending if you're heading East or West on I-80...East bound was closed).

Room Tip: Ask for an "inside room". These face the pool, and are away from the road noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank one_lucky_guy-21
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

It's a motel 6 people, not a Hilton, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the location is good, front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Our cats can stay for free too. It's $40 for a sat night which is awesome. Yeah there is no shampoo, the air con is more like a big noisy fan and the tv is small, who cares.

• Stayed May 2012
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Motel 6 in Reno - Livestock Events Center. Selected by our middle school band director so There are limited funds for our arts programs in our school district so we try and streamline costs as much as possible so most of the money goes toward the kids. Hence we picked Motel 6 was to take advantage of the $26 per night room charge.

Last time I stayed at Motel 6 I was in my twenties. I'm in my fifties. There is a reason I never went back when I was younger and now there is another reason never to go back. We were in Reno with 30 kids and 10 adult chaperones including our band director. This Motel 6 was chosen because it was close the the University of Nevada campus where the three day festival was being held.

Ok, the first night it was cold and in the low 30's and my heater in the room didn't work so I went down to the front desk and asked if someone could help me turn the heat on. I was told the entire hotel shut down their "boilers" last week during a heat wave and they can't turn the heat on since it's off for the season. Really? You gotta be kidding? We are freezing. Ok, I'm flexible...."May I have an extra blanket." She looked in the back cupboards and said she didn't have any. Hmmmm. One light also didn't work in my room so I politely asked, "May I have a light bulb?" She looked again and said...."Sorry, we don't have any those either. I guess they don't stand by their Tom Bodett commercials that proclaim, "We'll leave the light on for ya!" :)

I was humored by it all so left the reception area and went up to my room to rest. An hour later (around 9pm) I hear this woman screaming profanities at her husband in the courtyard which echoed around the hotel. "You f___ing b_____d. Get the h__l out of here. On and on it went. She actually threw a coat at him and slammed the door to her room. (She was in the room below mine - nice) This went on for about 10 minutes so I finally went downstairs and told her and her husband politely that this was not appropriate behavior as we have 30 children in rooms that can hear you and see you doing this. And I also said, " I see that you have two children of your own and I'm sure they don't want to hear this either." I said, "Please keep it in your own room and keep it down. Her husband concurred and they went in the room and proceeded to yell at each other. The next day I told the hotel manager about the woman screaming and she said, "Oh, that's Debbie. She screams at her husband all the time." I must have looked a shocked and than she added to my disbelief, "She lives here part time." OK, at this time I'm thinking, "This truly is movie material." So I said, "She lives here?" "Yes." I was told. "Debbie definitely has problems." the desk agent added as if I needed this clarification. Hmmmmm, I'm thinking and WHY are you housing this woman around the rest of your guests when clearly she should be at an end unit or a room furthest away from a majority of the guests. It was so bad it was humorous. And Debbie did it again the next night but she kept it in her room. I could hear the screaming but the kids in rooms nearby didn't hear hear it thank goodness. I didn't complain as I figured it wouldn't help.

Positive: There was a very nice repair man that came to my room the next morning and MANUALLY turned on my heater. He had to use a ladder and remove the ceiling tiles to turn it on temporarily. I think I was the only one in the hotel with heat that weekend. Unless he went to each room.

The people at the front desk were nice but used to deflecting complaints. It seems their hands were tied with the restrictions of a huge corporate structure. I just couldn't believe there were no blankets or light bulbs? Really?

I didn't have any expectations of this hotel since it is Motel 6 but clearly some of the basics were missing, like heat:).

All in all very amusing to say the least. And the adults made the best of a bad situation. Of course the kids had a good time as being in a motel, any hotel or motel, is just an adventure in itself.

I'm still chuckling a few days later....

PS: The rug was stained, the room smelled like smoke even though it was non-smoking. My son said the bathrooms looked like rocket ships which I thought was so funny and accurate!

Room Tip: Rooms in the courtyard are quieter if Debbie isn't screaming. The motel is flanked by highways...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank janey e
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Pros: bed comfortable, shower good pressure, fridge & microwave ($3 extra/night, close to freeway

Cons: noisy on one side from highway; other side from pool, thin walls, gas stations & few restaurants nearby but no stores

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank sarajonevada
California
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I would never stay at this property again! We took an accessible room (needed it, NOT because we had a ton of stuff). The problems included: hard to open front door handle (and this in an accessible room?), noisy fans (air and bath), elec. plugs that shut off when you turn off the light to sleep (how can you charge anything on them overnight?), dirt on the floor, and no wash cloths the second night and into day 3, until that last morning I complained more and got one. Finally, when I spoke to the manager, Chris, he agreed to give us half the room payment back as a credit, but when I complained later to Guest Relations that I hadn't gotten the adjustment, CHRIS LIED AND SAID HE HAD NEVER AGREED TO AN ADJUSTMENT, EVEN THOUGH I HAD THE PRINTED FOLIO COPY WHICH SHOWED THE ADJUSTMENT I'D SIGNED FOR. How can this major chain employ or franchise to such a fraud?

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends