“Clean, efficient, inexpensive option” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Reno West
Ranked #40 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Clean, efficient, inexpensive option”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just off I-80, this is a convenient stop for travelers just looking for a place to sleep for a night. Our room was clean, tidy, with ample towels provided. The bed was reasonably comfortable, the staff friendly and efficient. It was a short drive to a plaza with supermarket, pizzeria and some fast-food options. Although our room was on the side of the motel facing the interstate, noise was not a problem with earplugs (which I always travel with). There was a small pool which we didn't use since this was just a quick overnight stop, but it looked fine.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sailgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Yuma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

First of all, it's a Motel 6. Don't expect the Hilton, or you will be disappointed. My room was clean and everything worked. It was right off of 80. I travel a lot for work and have my cats with me, so when I'm ready to stop for the night, I usually look for Motel 6's because they are all pet-friendly. I have nothing bad to say. It was one of the better Motel 6's I've stayed in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Shannon G
Somes Bar, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. also, the room was very clean, and the bed and bedding were very comfortable, with great pillows. I felt very safe, even though the place was crowded. coffee was good in the morning. In contrast, the next night I stayed at Sands Regency in Reno, paying almost 3 times as much, and the service was lousy, the room shabby, and no coffee !! It made me appreciate Motel 6 all the more, and I would have gladly gone back to Motel 6. There is a lot to be said for a clean , safe place where staff is helpful and nice AND it is all at a good price. You just can't beat Motel 6 Reno West !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Schoolmarm2014
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

It was not easy to find affordable accomodation for the 4th of July in Reno. Anyways, we booked the room four days ahead and were looking forward to reach Reno after a long day of driving. When we checked in at 9 p.m. the receptionist told us, that she only had a smoking room for us, because we had not specified anything else when we booked online. I asked her friendly, whether she had another room (as we are both non-smokers), and was told, that people smoked in non-smoking rooms as well, so it did not make a difference at all.
The room really had an awful stench of cold smoke. The furniture had seen better days, burn holes ornamented the blanket and two of three lightbulbs in the rooms were missing. There was no fridge or microwave. This Motel 6 is built right next to a much-used freeway and the non-existent noise-insulation allows you to hear every single car, truck and motorbike. Realizing that anything apart from expensive 5-star hotels was booked for that night, we went to bed and used earplugs to shield us from the traffic noise. After only six hours of sleep we both woke up with swollen nasal mucosa and burning throats, caused by the ever-present stale smoke. We took a shower and left the Motel 6 Reno West as fast as we could.

The only positive thing about our room: we had no bedbugs (I guess they can't bear the smoke, neither).

Room Tip: All the rooms that do not face to the street are pretty loud (due to the adjacent freeway).
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
1 Thank Andreas-from-Bavaria

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels

El Pescadero, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and pay a little more for a room elsewhere--better yet go into Airbnb to get a place to stay.

There are all kinds of sketchy characters hanging around here with cigarettes hanging from their mouths. The pool is small and does not look clean. Our room smelled like wet dog. Checking in took an inordinate amount of time because the person was flustered.

I'm glad to be reminded: never again.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kattacruz
Caruthers, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I recently planned a trip with my family. I called Motel 6 to make my reservation over the phone and was given a confirmation number. I told them that I would be in late that night due to traveling and wanted to make sure we would have a room. I was assured we would. I noticed a missed call from the hotel the day of my reservation, so I called. They informed me that they no longer had my rooms. I was stuck at night with my family with NO ROOM. They said that the manager would be in the following day. I called corporate office, but that did not help. They took a report, but still have not responded. Hundreds of miles from home with reservations and no where to sleep. I will never book with Motel 6 again.

Room Tip: Be early to a Motel 6 or you might not have a room, even if you had a reservation.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank gina d
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on out way to Yosemite for one night as we have for the past several years. In the past everything has been ok. It's basic, didn't feel too unsafe, but this year it all changed. We were under the impression all rooms were non-smoking but when cigarette smoke starting coming through the door that adjoins rooms we called the front desk and asked them to please have our neighbors stop smoking. Instead of doing that they told us we had to move rooms. They moved us to a room with an unmade bed, a toilet that didn't work, so we asked to be moved. The next room the air conditioner didn't work. So we ended up back in the first room with a roll of scotch tape to "seal" the door so smoke couldn't enter. Our neighbors on the other side fought the entire evening and were cleaning out their car in the parking lot. This included removing the seats from their car and hosing them down. We will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2014