“Good price for a place to stay”

Wildflower Village Hotels and Hostel
Ranked #32 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We spent 2 days at Wildflower Village -when all other hotels in downtown were full booked and leftovers rooms too expensive for our pockets. So, we've got a good deal although the distance (bus takes about 1 hour to city on a round tour, 20 min from city ) was an inconvenient. We managed to go around using bus, went to the nearby 2 restaurants, and enjoyed the wild country view. Lady who owns the place was nice and upgraded our booking- free- to accommodate my mom disability. Room had a queen bed, private bathroom, small kitchenette, love sofa, table and 2 chairs for eating. No TV, but had a book on a night stand... Saw other books at the reception, I suppose are free for the guests.
Staying there was quite an experience for us. I suppose, for any person who is not too picky or too fussy, this can be a good (and economical) place to stay while enjoying Reno.

Room Tip: If you travel by car, this can be a better accommodation than downtown motels + old small hotels.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MonaRail

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Arrived at the hotel around 8:30 in the evening. I was asked to check in to the Coffee shop when I arrived. Upon my arrival the owner, Pat, offered me a glass of absinthe and asked that I stay and enjoy the live band that was playing in the other room. This was an amazing way to check in. I was able to enjoy my glass of absinthe and listen to some great local bands. There was even a member from the 60's band, The Turtles, playing some tunes.

Room Tip: There are a variety of room I choose the hostel dormitory which was very comfortable and cozy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank James T
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Oh my, what can I say. This old motel needs to be turned into a vegetable garden or a parking lot. HORRRIBLE would be simply too generous. Overrun with spiders, a shower we had to run for nearly 20 minutes to get lukewarm water. The woman who owns the place was far more interested in having her red wine and chatting with people. I recommend spending the night in your car before going here.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank spd1275
Reviewed 26 May 2013

If you are on business, have a car and wish to be totally independent, the Wildflower Village Hotels & Hostel is the place to stay! I was attending a conference that was held in the Reno-Sparks Convention Center and also in one of the big casino hotels and thus needed a quiet place to work and study! Getting away from the noise, smoke and banality of the casino environment was a great bonus. The owner made me most welcome and her sincerity, kindnesses and warmth made my stay most memorable. It really goes to show you that real customer service can make all the difference and I will not only sing this establishment's praises to my friends and family but also try to stay there again on my next trip to Reno! My room was basic but had clean sheets, clean carpets, a fridge, a microwave and stove top and plates and utensils for two people. I thus totally recommend this place to anyone who needs to stay for short or long periods in this city.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room at the back of the complex up the small hill, which made for a really quiet stay!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank RonanAOReilly
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Many of us have driven past Wildflower Village but few have ventured in. Our collective mistake! This gem of an art landmark now sports the town's only Absinthe Pub (also a large collection of other fine spirits and ales) incorporated into one of the gallery buildings. Pat, the owner and spirit tender, welcomes you with a smile and an incredible knowledge of the Village and the art inside and out.

I held my first business mixer there last night, featuring John Graham on sax, and to a person, they loved the place. It is just the right facility for meetings or special events. Or just stop by for a beverage and peruse the galleries.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank Bruce S
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I love the Wildflower Village because it's away from the city but not too far, highway is right up the street so when I drive to the city I don't have a long drive. I love the coffee at the coffee house ( guests get 1st cup free) staff are all very nice, Pat the owner makes the best drinks at the Pub (walking distance) the galleries are a great way to waste time and lose yourself in the work. The wedding chapel is beautiful and the rooms are clean and comfortable! I love the view I woke up to every morning, the mountains covered in snow.... great place can't wait to stay again

Room Tip: The westner is the best
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Anna010101
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This is a very interesting place, and surely not for everyone. My husband and I stayed just one night on our way to California and thought it was different and fun. Certainly not a run-of-the-mill chain motel. We didn't want to stay at a casino and the price was right at $55 before tax. We had to look around a little before we found the owner and were able to check in.Check-in wasn't fast, but we weren't in a hurry, so it was fine and the owner was interesting and fun to talk to. The motel section we stayed in was painted and decorated to look like a little French village (see photos.) The property is old but well cared for and the dated decor just adds to the charm. The rooms have no TVs and no phones. We enjoyed the convenience of the small kitchenette. This is not a five-star property with all the frills but if you are looking for something clean, comfortable and affordable this may be just the place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple