“Great value for Reno”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #40 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I booked three rooms here as part of a family trip. There was some sports event going on that weekend, and all the big places were totally booked. I reserved the Hawthorn based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, and we were not disappointed. All the rooms were very nice, with comfy beds with comforters, granite counters in the bathroom, and even a "mini-kitchen" with sink, microwave, and fridge. One comment - our room was not actually a suite, but I guess they're counting that kitchen. There was free wi-fi, and free bottled water and popcorn. In the morning, we enjoyed a nice hot breakfast, including eggs and waffles, along with the usual cereal, fruit, etc. The lobby is pleasant, with comfortable leather furniture. The hotel is very near the Grand Sierra (other side of the freeway), and a slightly further drive to downtown. All in all, a nice alternative to a casino hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeanette1

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Stayed in a 4th floor room which has a cathedral ceiling. When I reserved the room it said it had a kitchenette. I was blown away to find a full size fridge, 2 burner stove, toaster, coffee maker and mini-microwave. Glasses, bowls, plates, silverware and even a potato peeler were provided. Very clean and well appointed room. A/C worked great. Flat screen wall mounted Plasma TV with remote, excellent. They have 4 different WiFi connections (free). Exercise room was clean and accommodating. Free hot breakfast not too shabby. Great price for what you get. Didn't see any rif raf or undesirables like some have stated. I'll be back next time I'm in Reno.

Room Tip: 4th floor has cathedral ceilings
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Witlox01
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel is an awesome value for the price. We love to stay at the Peppermill in Reno, but this was a soccer trip, and we wouldn't be using the amenities, so looking to save money and with breakfast included, we couldn't beat Hawthorn's price.
We were in room 316, 2 queens with the kitchenette. I did think we were going to have a bigger room size & pull out sofa, but I must have mistaken the pictures online. First the many pros: hotel is 100% smoke-free, beds were very comfortable, everything was clean and well decorated, Neutrogena bath products, 2 free bottle of water, free popcorn bag in room, free Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the lobby 24hrs/day, free coffee in the lobby 24hrs/day, great breakfast variety (waffles are excellent-something for everyone), kitchen was well stocked with dishes, etc and even had a toaster, free WI-fi, lobby computer with free printer access, and iHome docking station in room. Cons: hallways were narrow/kind of worn, gym was very small but we didn't have time to use it, parking stalls were very narrow, bathroom space small. The neighborhood was not as bad as people say. Unless you are used to only pristine neighborhoods, the businesses around the hotel, were just that...businesses. We felt safe and there was no noise from the airport or freeway. The freeway is very close/easy to get on/off to hotel. This hotel was no Embassy Suites or Peppermill, but it was definitely an A for the price and what you got.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TheVez5
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This is not a bad place to stay if you just need somewhere near the airport. It is in a commercial area, mostly car dealers and the like, not very nice, but not scary or rundown or anything. The hotel does look pretty worn down from the outside and down the hallways, but the rooms are nice and clean and amenities are excellent for the price. I got a non-smoking room, but there was a strong smell of smoke. That's not really the hotel's fault, though, but some jerk who decided to smoke in the room with no regard for the next person. You can open the windows, which is great -- it is the one thing I always look for in a hotel. Unfortunately, the proximity to the highway made it rather noisy. Try to get a room on the other side instead, that would probably be better.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side from the highway
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank dokness
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Hawthorne Inn and Suites is my favorite hotel in Reno. The rates are reasonable and what you get for your money is outstanding. The rooms are clean and quite nice and stocked with shampoo, soap, water, and popcorn not to mention the flat screen tv. The staff is friendly and very helpful with anything you may need. Also, in the morning there is a full breakfast ,complete with all food groups and nutritious as well, provided by the hotel. Coffee and hot chocolate is provided 24-7. This hotel is kept immaculate and smoke free. I would recommend this place to any of my close friends or family. This is the hotel we stay in every time we come to Reno and always will.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ElisabethH151
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The Hawthorn Suites Reno is a great value and makes travelling easy and comfortable.
We did not want to stay at one of the big casinos where parking is difficult and noise is an issue. Access is easy off of hwy 395 and parking is very near to our room. The nights were quiet and customer service was top notch. Our room had a kitchen, large HD TV, and free internet service. I enjoyed the photos of Tahoe on the walls. The breakfast was wondeful with eggs, cereal and fresh waffles! There was even a special reception on Wed. night with free wine, beer and snacks. We could see Mt. Rose at a distance outside our view window.
We plan a return trip in the spring or summer. Our room and the lobby were very clean!

Room Tip: The view is best from the upper floors. The Reno airport is a couple miles away, but their is n...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank0255
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I found the room through TripAdvisor when scheduling a business trip. While I could have stayed at Harrah's or another location closer to the casino strip for a comparable rate, I liked that this location was easy access to I-80 and 395. It also had free hot breakfast, refrigerator and microwave, free wireless internet and easy access between room and parking. This building is multi-level, but the elevator made moving into and out of my room easy. Standard hotel wall mount heating cooling unit was functional and fan ran at an appropriate volume. The drapes were old but in working order. The dresser and desk looked old and scuffed up, but the linens and bathroom were bright and clean. The bed was very comfortable, cushy but firm at the same time.The large flat screen TV was a pleasant surprise. The staff was pleasant. While I didn't use the fitness room, I did pass by it and saw only 1 machine marked out of order. This was an older, but reasonably maintained hotel. Supplying a hot breakfast, refrigerator and microwave made my trip less expensive... other than that trip to the casino ;-)

Room Tip: I was in 215, which was centrally located. The closest option for the stairwell, elevator, vending a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business