“This was by far the worst stay at a hotel ever.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #41 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I will start with the one positive thing about the hotel:
+ One of the better internet connections I have had at a hotel. Wifi that works and has a decent speed.

Now onto the bad:
- Sketchy location with a tiny parking lot. Half the parking lot was blocked off making it even smaller. Not someplace I would feel safe walking outside at night.
- Run down feel to the actual place. It felt like a building which once was nice but run into the ground. The room smelled of smoke inside and did no maintenance or cleaning besides the absolute bare minimum. Chips of paint coming off the walls.
- A shower which every 30 seconds would alternate between cold and scalding hot water.
- Breakfast that gave me diarrhea.
- Staff that was extremely rude and blatantly lied to me, then argued when I pointed out contradictory statements.
- Unreliable shuttle service.

I wish I had spent a little more and saved myself the headache of this place. I have stayed at nicer motel 6's before!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 2 August 2012

One night was fine for just passing through a city. Near the airport and not in the downtown area. Easy to get and off 395. Room was clean -some outside noise and from the a/c, microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator and free wifi and breakfast- all I really needed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We checked in early...staff was very friendly! This is an older hotel, and room was clean. We stayed on the first floor....it has plenty of choices for breakfast and free internet. It is also close to the airport and downtown. Our room was next to the exercise room and it got noisy when people were using the exercise facilities. Luckily we were not needing the room during the day otherwise it would have been a problem for people who wanted to sleep during the day. Other than that....an okay choice.

Room Tip: Don't get the room next to the exercise room if you want peace and quiet during the day.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed at Hawthorne July 25 2012 for one night. This hotel is not in downtown but not that far away, right across the freeway from Grand Sierra Resort, the location of an event I was attending. Arrived at 11 AM and hoped I could drop off my stuff before heading across to the Grand Sierra. Clerk told me check in was at 1:30 but was nice enough to find a vacant room. The hotel itself was a bit dumpy on the outside, formerly a Rodeway Inn that I found was built in 1978. Elevator was pretty beat up but made it up to the third floor location of my room. Hallway had old carpets and paint, my room door was even missing the room number! Wondered if I had made the right decision in renting there, but the room was fine, nice bed, flat screen tv, full size fridge and micro, bathroom had a new showerhead with good pressure, neutrogena products, albeit, super tiny portions, 2 free waters and popcorn nice touch.. complimentary breakfast was not bad, make your own waffles, scrambles, ham, cereals, yogurts, oj, etc.. not the best complimentary breakfast certainly not the worse.. parking a tough if you return late as I did, had to park in street but no biggy.. A dog friendly location..hooray for that...I would stay again..

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs rooms, bit of a view is nice..
Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The room is clean, good bed and decent layout. The walls however are rice paper thin. You can hear everything thru the walls. We were booked into room 116 and around 10 p.m. decided it was lights out. We had been driving all day. We heard a strange rumbling noise coming thru the door of the room next door. It sounded like a washing machine. We called the front desk to learn that the fitness room was adjacent to ours and that someone was on the threadmill directly on the wall next to ours. We were told that the fitness room was open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. The manager on duty however went over and asked them to leave. This was done promptly and we greatly appreciated that. I had to sleep with my ear plugs because the room on our other side had their TV on and I could hear every word.
Nice hotel, nice bed.......but bring some ear plugs because those walls are THIN. I had to rate the Sleep quality as poor because of those thin walls, the beds however were very comfy.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Its better spent elsewhere. AC is noisy, stained bedskirts and floors, bad TV, etc. Im not sure where to end this mess. Asked 3 times to change a nasty badskirt and it hasnt been done because housekeeping goes home at 4pm. Spend the extra 30 bucks and stay somewhere decent. Never again!

Room Tip: No tip here
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We were looking for another hotel and landed up by accident at the Hawthorn Suites. Having gotten late, we decided to check in. Rosie at the front desk was extremely helpful and gave us a lovely room as well as two passes for a lovely show for the next evening.
We had a room with two queen size beds which were extremely comfortable and the room had all the amenities. We never expected soaps from Nitrogena in the bathroom. This was a nice surprise.
The rate was very reasonable and compared to similar motels, had much more to offer and one got one's money worth. The breakfast was very good.

We stayed two nights and found the room had not been cleaned properly on the second day. The mugs and glasses were not cleaned a dn the room had not been vacuumed.

The only suggestion I have is that the gentleman sitting at the front desk can be a little more friendly.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are nice and the very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family