“Poor conditions”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #41 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Beyond the lobby, this place is poorly maintained. The hallway carpets are stained and pulling up from the floor. The walls are very marked up. The ice machine didn't work. I reported it and they told me to go to the hotel next door. The pool was closed for the season. This was Sept 4th and it was high 80's outside and expecting to get warmer. It's obvious from other reviews they didn't want to maintain the pool. The room, filled with furniture I swear came from my parents house back in the 70's. Old, scratched up very dated furniture. There is a desk table and a desk chair, but the chair cannot fit where the table is because the bed is in the way! The chair sits on the other side of the dresser, 10' away. Useless. The bed sits very low to the ground. I had a king bed (I think they make them smaller for hotels). It had plenty of pillows and was OK as far as comfort. I did appreciate the white bedspread so as to make sure it was clean. The bathroom was a typical small bathroom. Had everything you'd need. Shower was actually better than most hotels showers. Very good pressure. Tub was a little old and showed a bit but was clean. This room had a wet bar, fridge and microwave that came in handy. Not much noise from neighbors but did hear a lot of noise from someone walking upstairs. Breakfast was pathetic! I came down between 8:00 and 8:30 and nothing was left. I got a cup of what I thought was OJ, it was Tang!
Bottom line, if you're just in need of a nights stay, it would work but don't plan your vacation around this place. As others have said, it's not a nice area and I didn't see any restaurants anyway nearby, just car repair shops, used car dealerships, etc.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 2EdH
Frank L, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

On behalf of the entire staff and management of the Lexington Inn’s and Suites, we would like to thank you for your review of our property! Without your review, we would not know how we are doing, according to our guests standards.

We would also like to apologize for the way the property looked during your stay, We understand this is unacceptable, and we want to apologize to for that.

I am the new General Manager here at the Lexington Inn and Suites and have corrected this problem. I am holding the staff to a new standard level of service as well as cleanliness of the entire hotel.

I would like to invite you back, to see the changes that we have made! Please contact me for your reservation, either by email – renoairporthotels@live.com or phone 775-786-2500 extension 501.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel looks good from the outside, but in shady part of town. We checked into our room to find hair all over the beds, a toilet that didn't flush and pee all over the toilet. We were given a different room. This room was not too much better. The carpet was stained and dirty, as the walls, and the hotel had a bad, old smell like cigarette smoke and mustiness (although it is a smoke free hotel). The bathtub would not drain, so I took and shower and bath all at the same time. We went downtown to visit Reno and come back to find NO PARKING. We were told to park in a dirt lot across the street. This happened several times in our three day stay. The spa was dirty and ice cold. This place is so run down and it is apparent that the owners do not care. Even the staff were unhappy with the place. Not recommended, even at the low price given.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sarcher702

We would also like to apologize for the way the property looked and your experience during your stay, at your home away from home. We understand this is unacceptable, and we want to apologize to for that.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I was really excited by the location near my niece and her family. It was just a stop over location for the weekend but as the weekend went on there was less and less to endear me to the place. To begin, our first morning, the breakfast room was short of eggs, milk and no attendant in site so off to IHOP. Then, in the room at night, leaning a hand on the desk while working on my computer resulted in large brown paint swatches on my hand! Twice...my bad! Never had that happen before. Their internet connection was also so slow as to make it unusable. Then a forgotten tool kit was not found by the staff, of course, and my phone call was NOT returned.

Altogether, if all you want is sleep and the place is in a location you need, the beds are very comfortable, and the room had amenities that made it a seemingly good deal, even the small but clean and functional bathroom. Just don't expect to find anything left behind! For my money, I'll go anywhere else as this place was just not big on customer service!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Frank L, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

We would also like to apologize for the inconvenient experience during your stay, at your home away from home. We understand this is unacceptable, and we want to apologize to for that.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Pros: Its near the freeway. Complimentary shuttle service to downtown area and other sites (ends and midnight). Free breakfast.
Cons: Rundown..I mean it..it's RUNDOWN! The hotel claims it has smoke-free rooms. The problem is that the smell of smoke around the building and hallways penetrates the entire common areas. Rooms are entirely too small. Beds are lumpy. Bath tubs are stained. Toilets are too small. Stains on carpets and walls. Bad location. A/C is noisy.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

We would also like to apologize for the way the property and your guest experience during your stay, at your home away from home. We understand this is unacceptable, and we want to apologize to for that.

I am the new General Manager here at the Lexington Inn and Suite and have corrected this problem. I am holding the staff to a new standard level of service as well as cleanliness of the entire hotel.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I second guessed myself quite a bit after I booked this hotel based of some of the other reviews. After staying here for 4 nights I am glad I tried someplace new. No problem finding the hotel, the Lexington has a sign out front to help identify it from the adjacent hotel. Check-in was fast. The staff was very friendly. No additional deposit was required for incidentals. The room was a nice size, complete with a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink (in addition to the sink in the bathroom), two complimentary bottles of water and package of microwave popcorn, ice-cold LG air conditioner, desk with lots of electrical outlets for all those electrical devices, iron/ironing board and flat screen tv with remote. The bathroom was a nice size as well, complete with a large counter, hair dryer, curved shower curtain and a fan in the bathroom. We were on the third floor and never had a problem with noise. The wait for the elevator was always less than a minute. The complimentary breakfast was above average, offering different cereals, pastries, eggs, sausage, waffles, juices and coffee. The front desk usually also had complimentary Otis Spunkmeyer cookies for guests in the afternoons. There was also free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel which was fast and easy to log onto. The Lexington does have a pool, but it was closed for maintenance during my stay. Possible areas of improvement...... parking was a bit of a cluster. The Lexington shares a parking lot with the Baymont (I believe) and it was packed on the weekends! If you have a large vehicle you need to be very good at parking in tight spots or be comfortable parking outside of the parking lot. The stairwells were a bit dated and the dressers/nightstands in the rooms could use some updating. In my opinion Reno is not the greatest area anymore period, but it doesn't stop me from visiting. Not once did I feel un-safe staying at the Lexington. The Lexington is close (about two minutes drive time) to the Grand Sierra Resort for food and gambling. The Lexington is not a "luxury" hotel by any means, so if that is what you are looking for, I don't think this is the right hotel for you. The Lexington is working to create a name for itself and while there are improvements that can be made, the added extras they offer go a long way as far as I am concerned. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I always request a room on the higher floors because I find them to be quieter. I also always travel...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank IdahoGlamourGirl

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I cannot recommend the Lexington.

Even though they have renovated their rooms this place is depressing. Halls and stairwells are worn out and depressing. Trash around the entrances. Elevator sounds like its out of the 19th century. Location is less than ideal.

But probably the worst thing was lack of sleep. About 1:00 AM a fight broke out in the rooms next to us. Yelling, screaming, door slamming going on all night long. Management seemed oblivious to the whole situation. We checked out after one night.

I would recommend paying a little more and stay someplace decent.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The hotel was not signed at all. It could be identified only by an inconspicuous flag attached to a light in the parking lot. The parking lot is shared with the Belmont Inn, by the way. I actually walked into their hotel and they pointed me in the right direction. My room was very clean and the mattress was good quality. The lamp situated on the night stand between the two beds did not work, however. After replacing the bulb from another lamp in the room, I still found myself in darkness. I determined the outlet was faulty. I didn't bother to report the problem as I was tired from traveling. The air conditioner was weird. It kept shutting off prematurely. I had to change the setting from air conditioner to heat and then back again to air conditioner for the thermostat to function properly. . This was a bit of a pain. The front desk clerk checking me in was very friendly. The hotel was very busy and the parking lot was almost always packed, which made the setting slightly hectic. I believe I paid $49/night. I possibly would stay again, but would have to think twice.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and the room was a bit hot.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Frank L, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

I would like to thank you for your review of our property! This is the only real way we know how we are doing!!

We are in the process of getting the property back in line-with the standard. Again, I would like to thank you for your comment, and please, if ever in the area-please stay with us!!

Frank C. Larson