“Overall”

Ranked #41 of 64 Hotels in Reno
San Diego
“Overall”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Lexington Inn and Suites Reno this past weekend. I would have to say the pictures online are very out dated. I was very Unsatisfied with how the ice machine was out of order, there wasn't enough parking available and we had to park on the street. The breakfast was really limited due to high volume of people coming through. They should have a sign about taking food to rooms. I saw people making plates with food that was over flowing to take back to their rooms. It is not fair to other guest when they come to eat there isn't enough cause guest take a lot back to rooms. It was like the hotel didn't plan for as many guests but at the same time they didn't really care. A lot of traffic in the parking lot at night. Made me and my family feel really unsafe. Never enough towels! When they have a pool on property they still don't have enough towels! The front desk manager Leo is an idiot completely oblivious to situations or concerns. He should be fired for the way he treats guests. From my experience being a manager at an airport I must say if I was his boss I would let him go. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you want cheap service and to deal with idiots as management. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Salinas, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hotel is run down, needs some decent repairs - not cheap fixes. Room had dirty carpet, beds were hard & pillows were flat. The breakfast was good, so if you just need a place to stay and your not too picky, it is a good price.
We did have a quiet room but the overall run down state of the room left us very uncomfortable. Changed hotels on 2nd night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frances S

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels

Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My first comment and the first thing I noticed when we arrived, is the pictures on their website must have been taken decades ago, because the place doesn't look like that anymore. It is very run down. The outside of the building looks okay but once you step in a hallway, you can tell the place is old and not well maintained. When we walked into the room it smelled like cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Our bathroom door was broken (cracked) near the door handle, one of the lamps didn't work, the kitchenette stove was so old, I would never attempt to turn it on. The carpet was worn and stained. I was afraid to sit on the couch, so never did. The furniture was old and very weathered.

On the up-side, the bed was pretty comfortable and we could not hear our neighbors or noise from the outside with the AC on. We were on the top floor, so no one was above us. The AC unit worked well. The price was super affordable and they have the standard breakfast buffet in the mornings. If you are all about saving money and don't care that the place is run-down, then this might be the place for you. Personally, I am scratching this motel chain off my list.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cyberlinker
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Images of hotel online are not reflective of poor condition of hotel. We felt safe and it was quiet but..... Our bathroom door was broken at the knob, it looked like someone had busted into the bathroom. The desk and night stands were beat up and scratched. The lights did not all work in the room. The common area and hallways were old and run down.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Wendy G
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a very busy weekend. Rooms are not as they appear online..The halls and entry ways are extremely ran down. No hot water due to a pipe /sewer breaking. The entire hotel had NO HOT WATER! We were transferred to the sister hotel Baymont which was just as bad! Which also has no hot water!! The continental breakfast ran out -they were not prepared for amount of guests staying. Parking is poor and limited. Housekeeping not once in 3 nights showed up. When I would call for towels they would never arrive, so I would have to go find the housekeeper. I asked to be reimbursed and was given a $30 credit by Lexington. For the inconvenience. Guest staying that weekend paid anywhere from $100-$165 a night. A $30 credit was a slap in the face. I WOULD NEVER EVER STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank MendozaGG
Frank L, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I want to thank you for your time for your review of our hotel.

I would like to apologize for the broken water hot water pipe. When this happens, everyone is without hot water including the laundry-therefore no clean towels-I want to apologize for this!

Please come back and stay-and see our staff and facility under a different light-and hopefully it will be a much better stay!

Thank you for you time and writing the review.

San Mateo, California
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed at the Lexington 4 days and was very comfortable. The staff was amazingly helpful and I has no issues with my room. Comfortable bed and pumped the AC all night. Saved money eating the free breakfast each day. The parking is first come first serve and the building needs a few touch ups. Also the internet seems slower in Reno and the manager said they are getting an extra business line next month to combat that. Would recommend if your expectations aren't too posh as the value is there.

Room Tip: I would get a room with as few adjoining rooms as possible as you can hear doors if people slam them...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Frank L, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I would like to thank you for your review of our property!

This is the only way we really know how we are doing!! if you are ever in the area again, we look forward to seeing you at our hotel!

Harrah, Washington
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We arrived in Reno Late, Lexington staff was very welcoming, our room was nice, clean and quiet. The hallways could use a air freshener but other than that, great stay. We really enjoyed the Continental Breakfast and the Shuttle service (drivers were great/friendly, especially Larry).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Frank L, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I would like to thank you for your review of our property-this is the only way we know how we have done!

On behalf of the entire staff-I would like to thank you for staying with us, and your time and the review! See you, hopefully in the near future!