“Good stay at a good price”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #41 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My family and I stayed here for an extended weekend and really enjoyed the stay.

Pro:

- Excellent breakfast bar. It had more than expected with a warm food section which included scrabbled eggs and a meat ( one day it was sausage, the next day it was bacon, the next day is was ham ), a waffle maker, biscuits and gravy, four different cereals, and a standard bread selections ( bread for toast, bagels, and muffins )
- Small kitchen area with normal sized fridge.
- Tall shower head. I'm 6 feet tall and it was nice to stay someplace where I don't have to bend over to shampoo my hair.
- Free wifi with great connection

Cons:

- Kitchen area was a bit incomplete. The kitchen had a sink and small stove along with some dishes and pots. However, there were no cleaning supplies to clean the dishes and pots.
- Housekeeping was just ok. We had to ask for extra towels since they did not give us enough. Also, at the end of our trip, we had to ask for more toilet paper since they only left us one roll.
- No information inside the room. We had to ask the front desk for a channel guide for the TV.

Overall, this is a very good place to stay and we would stay here again if in the area. The basic negative of the place was the lack of attention to the small things.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank California Dude
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for the Hot August Nights in Reno NV. The rooms were small suites with kitchen, table for 2, King size bed. We were on the 4th (top) floor with beautiful window exposure.
They served a complete breakfast, with waffel maker, eggs, ham and bacon and all the trimmings. The dishes were always kept full. There was a small pool, but nice. Great free parking in front and in back. Just off of the highway and very convenient.

We would stay there again, in fact have made reservations for Hot August Nights 2015.

Room Tip: Get the 4th floor with the long windows.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShirleyGlass
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First of all this place has many rooms so experiences may vary widely. I can only speak to my experience. The room was really just fine. It was clean with microwave, refrigerator and an above average A/C unit. (Noisy A/C units that drone on and on drive me crazy). It also had a nice flat screen TV. The bed was firm but I prefer a firm bed. Linens and pillows were clean and new. The furniture was a little worn but within reason. No hot water at 10:00 a.m.
The hallways were dingy with nasty worn carpet. I gave up trying to find an ice or soda machine. There was a little gym and meeting room available as well as a nice looking pool.
Breakfast was great with lots of choices. I stayed on a Friday night and the place was very busy with a full parking lot and lots of foot traffic.
Bottom line, the price was good and I'd book again despite the inconveniences.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LopakaW
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The property is very run down and it felt more like a housing project than a decent hotel. I've never seen so many people walking the halls of a hotel or hanging around outside. Based on the work trucks with out of state plates in the jammed parking lot, this is more of a pay by the week or month type place.

I was looking for a cheap place near the airport so I got what I booked. Inside the room the bed was clean and the A/C was good. It was a good night sleep and it took only five minutes to get the airport at 5am in the morning. No food on-site or even walking distance. The internet was good.

Room Tip: Away from the pool in the summer if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Lexington Inn and Suites Reno this past weekend. I would have to say the pictures online are very out dated. I was very Unsatisfied with how the ice machine was out of order, there wasn't enough parking available and we had to park on the street. The breakfast was really limited due to high volume of people coming through. They should have a sign about taking food to rooms. I saw people making plates with food that was over flowing to take back to their rooms. It is not fair to other guest when they come to eat there isn't enough cause guest take a lot back to rooms. It was like the hotel didn't plan for as many guests but at the same time they didn't really care. A lot of traffic in the parking lot at night. Made me and my family feel really unsafe. Never enough towels! When they have a pool on property they still don't have enough towels! The front desk manager Leo is an idiot completely oblivious to situations or concerns. He should be fired for the way he treats guests. From my experience being a manager at an airport I must say if I was his boss I would let him go. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you want cheap service and to deal with idiots as management. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hotel is run down, needs some decent repairs - not cheap fixes. Room had dirty carpet, beds were hard & pillows were flat. The breakfast was good, so if you just need a place to stay and your not too picky, it is a good price.
We did have a quiet room but the overall run down state of the room left us very uncomfortable. Changed hotels on 2nd night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frances S
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My first comment and the first thing I noticed when we arrived, is the pictures on their website must have been taken decades ago, because the place doesn't look like that anymore. It is very run down. The outside of the building looks okay but once you step in a hallway, you can tell the place is old and not well maintained. When we walked into the room it smelled like cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Our bathroom door was broken (cracked) near the door handle, one of the lamps didn't work, the kitchenette stove was so old, I would never attempt to turn it on. The carpet was worn and stained. I was afraid to sit on the couch, so never did. The furniture was old and very weathered.

On the up-side, the bed was pretty comfortable and we could not hear our neighbors or noise from the outside with the AC on. We were on the top floor, so no one was above us. The AC unit worked well. The price was super affordable and they have the standard breakfast buffet in the mornings. If you are all about saving money and don't care that the place is run-down, then this might be the place for you. Personally, I am scratching this motel chain off my list.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family