I stayed at Silver Legacy recently. I go to Reno to gamble some on somewhat a regular basis. I've stayed at a lot of the big casinos in the Reno area. I hadn't stayed at Silver Legacy in quite awhile. The checking in was ok. The person who checked me in at first unrefined looking was actually very attentive and listened to what I was concerned about in regards to just needing a quiet room and such and picked a good room for me. I tipped him later after seeing my room by the way. The elevator to the higher floors on a different bank was actually pretty darn quick. You have to show your key to enter elevator area.
The rooms were supposedly just remodeled. It was nothing special but decent. The bathroom was very basic. The toilet and shower were in a separate room from the sink area. The television was a pretty good size LCD screen. I can't comment on the quality as I didn't know there was a problem with the television until I tried to check out. Internet usage for one wireless device came with the $6 resort fee you pay when you get your room. The speed was pretty decent. The bed was actually pretty good for a room like that. It was very comfortable and I slept well on it.
One of the problems I used to have in Reno downtown was the trains coming by but there was work done to drown the noise of the trains with these tunnels. I heard a couple of trains while I was awake, but was not awaken by them. Just a heads up for real light sleepers, which I used to be. I totally dislike the self parking garage here. It's tight windy and deep. Most downtown self parking structures in Reno though suck, but I really don't like Silver Legacy's. There were a lot of vintage cars taking up most of the first 4 levels when I was there. The elevators for the parking structure are not so good as the hotel room elevators. Getting to the elevators to get to your rooms is a bit of a jaunt from casino area.
Overall for a downtown Reno casino, it was decent. I didn't eat any food there. The casino was actually busy even early morning which was almost too busy for the amount of tables they had open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the excitement of Silver Legacy Resort Casino, located in the heart of Downtown Reno. Elegance and luxury surrounds you with over 1,700 rooms and suites. Immerse yourself in the captivating atmosphere of this beautiful hotel, where the Sierra Mountains create an exquisite backdrop for your getaway; offering world-class skiing, golfing and outdoor activities just minutes from the comfort of your spacious Reno hotel room. Silver Legacy Resort Casino offers all of the amenities you've come to expect from a modern mega resort, and yet still emphasizes the award-winning customer service that the property has built its reputation on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver Legacy Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Legacy Hotel Reno
- Silver Legacy Resort Casino
- Silver Legacy Resort And Casino Reno, Nevada