“More than adequate”

Silver Legacy Resort Casino
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Decent place - a large and sprawling property with a 180-foot-high dome in center - certainly the most unique looking hotel in Reno.

One restaurant was really great - Fairchild's Oyster Bar- went back 3 times to have their signature pan roast - wow!

Now personally I would rather be at Lake Tahoe than Reno - but if you are in Reno for business, this a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 July 2012

First of all the entire downtown area is dirty and filled with closed businesses and vacant buildings. I don't recommend walking outside after dark, as you will probably get mugged. There is no police or security presence at all and transients run amuck. The only security guards are placed at the elevators to prevent thefts and robberies of guest rooms by transients. There are warnings in your rooms to " bolt lock your door for your safety". The hotel is in dire need of a makeover. I still do not know what the hotel's theme is.

The pool is a joke. Its the size of the one in a backyard. The Jacuzzi seats 4 people. The water was cloudy. The private spa was nice and very clean.

• Stayed: July 2012
SilverLegacy, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Hi holzieb,

Thank you very much for posting a review of the Silver Legacy Resort Casino on TripAdvisor. Our guests' satisfaction in their stay is extremely important to us, and so we were concerned to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are sorry that you felt unsafe in Downtown Reno, and though we cannot control the security outside of our property we assure you that we have a strong security staff protecting our property including our parking garage; we have an abundance of security cameras throughout our property and security staff is always very near even if an incident were to arise. On another note, we are glad you enjoyed our spa.

Again, we apologize that your stay with us was less than the great experience we hope for our guests to have, and we hope to get the chance to improve your impression of the Silver Legacy Resort Casino another time.

Silver Legacy Resort Casino
Reno, NV

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Silver Legacy for a week with a friend. We attended a conference and extended the stay for a few days for relaxation. Our room was a spa suite with a large bathroom, very clean and spacious. I enjoyed the amenites -- the in-room coffee maker was a Keurig, and the toiletries were very nice. The bed was very comfortable, and staff were very respectful of the "do not disturb" sign. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

If there was one thing I'd improve, it's the dresser space, which was too tight for two people for a week.

This Reno hotel and casino were far more lively than the place I stayed in Las Vegas the week prior, also for a conference. I had heard that Reno had slowed down, so I was pleasantly suprised. I would stay at the Silver Legacy again if I travel to Reno.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a spa suite for a more spacious room (and in-room jacuzzi).
1  Thank RegiH51
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Check-in is agonizingly slow. Made even more so because two of the girls working chose to talk to a group of guys for 10 minutes instead of helping the long line of people waiting to check in. However, the girl that finally checked me in was very friendly and accommodating and even immediately offered me a late check out when she heard I had an evening flight.

The lobby is nice and clean and not even too smokey for a casino.

As far as the rooms go, the bed isn't very comfortable, nor are the pillows and the "comforter" is nothing more than a couple of sheets around a thin blanket (in fact, I ended up pulling the "comforter" off the second bet to stay warm). However, it appears the carpet is pretty new, and the room was clean. The wireless in the room only works on one device and is really slow.

You can't be too picky when you're paying as little as it costs.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 12 nights recently, with two different sets of roommates. The staff of the Silver Legacy was very accommodating and gave me a room refrigerator for no extra charge. Housekeeping gave us extra glasses, towels and shampoos daily and, for a refreshing change, did not change our linens unless we asked. (I've been to many hotels where linens were routinely changed daily even though signs in the room said they would only be changed upon request. So much for being "green"!) The beds were comfy and they had an assortment of foam and down pillows on each bed.

My friends and I took advantage of the very good dining in the Silver Legacy, El Dorado, and even Circus Circus. Of the three connected hotels, the Legacy was the most elegant by far. The casino was not terribly smoky and offered lots of penny slots, as well as higher denominations, along with the usual table games.

I would definitely stay here again, given the low room rates, inexpensive dining, and good service.

One special treat for those over fifty or so is the piano bar, Roxy's, at the El Dorado. The piano player, Gil Thomas, was amazing. It seemed he knew every song requested and there were MANY requests. The piano/sax duo playing other times was excellent as well. What fun!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. They're more quiet and have better views.
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I shared a room with a friend, and the room was pretty small. Luckily we didn't spend much time in the room otherwise it would have been a bummer. It was nice being able to walk to the El Dorado and the Circus Circus hotels, and there were enough restaurants to choose from. The bed was decent and so was the water pressure. The internet was kind of a pain because we were given cards with log-in numbers, but the number stopped working halfway through the day, so I had to call technical support. Technical support did a great job getting it fixed, but it was time I didn't want to spend on the phone. The biggest downfall was I left my bluetooth in the room, but it wasn't turned in by housekeeping. It is my fault for leaving it, but it would have been nice if it was turned in by the housekeeper.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I (83 and 82) visit Reno for the Women'sBowling Tournament in early May. We stayed 6 nights at the hotel. It is a lovely place, but entailed long walks for food or casino from our room. The hotel services were fine, but I would probably choose a little smaller, easier to navigate place if we were to go to Reno again.

Room Tip: Ask for near elevator location as halls are long!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends