Hello Fello Trip Advisorors. :)
I live on San Jose, and our group of friends are avid snowboarders and gamblers, so we stay at the Silver Legacy about 2-3 times a month. With the points earned from gambling, our rooms are often free.
The good things about the hotel: It's clean. It's connected to Circus Circus and El Dorado, so you don't have to go outside to visit another casino.
The bad things: The BELL HOP DESK! Twice in the last month, I've had problems with them. The first time, I had some food packed in a box. We checked in all of our luggage, including the box of food, when we parked the car. We were to check in, and they would bring it to our room. When the cart arrived up to our room, the box was flipped upsidedown, and all of the food spilled out on our luggage and some snowboarding jackets. They basically said "well, we could dry clean your clothes for you, but too bad on your dinner/lunch for the next day". Poor customer service.
That could be understood, since it could be an accident. However, this last time, they actually STOLE something! We did the same thing, checked in our luggage when we parked, etc, and had them bring our stuff up to our room. On one of the suitcases was a smaller bag. The bag contained all of our electronics, including portable iPod speakers, a nintendo DS, all our chargers for phone, ipod, etc. We left to go to a concert as soon as the luggage arrived in the room. When we got back, 2 hours later to look for our stuff, that bag was gone. We called down, and they told us to go look in our car. We looked, and it wasn't there. We went to fill out a "stolen items" report with the security and bell desk at 11:30pm. They said they would contact us that night. The next morning, they did not contact us. We went down to check the status of the report, and somehow, the report mysteriously disappeared. There was NO record of the report. We had to spend another hour (taking time out of our snowboarding trip) to file another report. They said they would call us to let us know the status before we checked out that following Monday, they still did not. We had to go back down and check the status on Monday. They said they would call us.
Once we were back in San Jose, they called us and said it was our fault we did not check our luggage when they brought it up to the room, and there is nothing they will do about it. We NEVER signed anything, stating we received all of our items. I took it to the BBB, and Silver Legacy said we only filed a report the next morning, and not immediately that night. THEY LOST OUR REPORT, and then said we never did it!
Very very shady, and very poor customer service. We go very often, we get free rooms every weekend we go. Why would we want to "scam" $500 worth of electronics? It makes no sense. They did nothing to help the situation at all, gave us nothing back, etc. I am very disappointed with the level of customer service there.
So if you plan on staying there, please carry your luggage to your rooms yourself if you want it in one piece or not missing. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the excitement of Silver Legacy Resort Casino, located in the heart of Downtown Reno. Elegance and luxury surrounds you with over 1,700 rooms and suites. Immerse yourself in the captivating atmosphere of this beautiful hotel, where the Sierra Mountains create an exquisite backdrop for your getaway; offering world-class skiing, golfing and outdoor activities just minutes from the comfort of your spacious Reno hotel room. Silver Legacy Resort Casino offers all of the amenities you've come to expect from a modern mega resort, and yet still emphasizes the award-winning customer service that the property has built its reputation on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver Legacy Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Legacy Hotel Reno
- Silver Legacy Resort Casino
- Silver Legacy Resort And Casino Reno, Nevada