“Be careful of THIEVES :(”

Silver Legacy Resort and Casino
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Reno
san jose, ca
“Be careful of THIEVES :(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2008

Hello Fello Trip Advisorors. :)

I live on San Jose, and our group of friends are avid snowboarders and gamblers, so we stay at the Silver Legacy about 2-3 times a month. With the points earned from gambling, our rooms are often free.

The good things about the hotel: It's clean. It's connected to Circus Circus and El Dorado, so you don't have to go outside to visit another casino.

The bad things: The BELL HOP DESK! Twice in the last month, I've had problems with them. The first time, I had some food packed in a box. We checked in all of our luggage, including the box of food, when we parked the car. We were to check in, and they would bring it to our room. When the cart arrived up to our room, the box was flipped upsidedown, and all of the food spilled out on our luggage and some snowboarding jackets. They basically said "well, we could dry clean your clothes for you, but too bad on your dinner/lunch for the next day". Poor customer service.

That could be understood, since it could be an accident. However, this last time, they actually STOLE something! We did the same thing, checked in our luggage when we parked, etc, and had them bring our stuff up to our room. On one of the suitcases was a smaller bag. The bag contained all of our electronics, including portable iPod speakers, a nintendo DS, all our chargers for phone, ipod, etc. We left to go to a concert as soon as the luggage arrived in the room. When we got back, 2 hours later to look for our stuff, that bag was gone. We called down, and they told us to go look in our car. We looked, and it wasn't there. We went to fill out a "stolen items" report with the security and bell desk at 11:30pm. They said they would contact us that night. The next morning, they did not contact us. We went down to check the status of the report, and somehow, the report mysteriously disappeared. There was NO record of the report. We had to spend another hour (taking time out of our snowboarding trip) to file another report. They said they would call us to let us know the status before we checked out that following Monday, they still did not. We had to go back down and check the status on Monday. They said they would call us.

Once we were back in San Jose, they called us and said it was our fault we did not check our luggage when they brought it up to the room, and there is nothing they will do about it. We NEVER signed anything, stating we received all of our items. I took it to the BBB, and Silver Legacy said we only filed a report the next morning, and not immediately that night. THEY LOST OUR REPORT, and then said we never did it!

Very very shady, and very poor customer service. We go very often, we get free rooms every weekend we go. Why would we want to "scam" $500 worth of electronics? It makes no sense. They did nothing to help the situation at all, gave us nothing back, etc. I am very disappointed with the level of customer service there.

So if you plan on staying there, please carry your luggage to your rooms yourself if you want it in one piece or not missing. :(

**hugs**

Vi :)

• Liked — I like that all 3 hotels are connected. So no matter how the weather is outside, you have a lot of space inside to roam around.
  • Disliked — They steal things! Horrible customer service, because they know you'll always come back. Those 3 hotels monopolize Reno.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank sjvivi22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2008

I stayed at the SL on March 14, 2008. I flew in for just one night to go to the Matchbox Twenty concert. The hotel shuttle makes it easy to arrive from the airport and the front desk was fast. My room was on the 14th floor. Make sure you pay attention to what elevator you are getting on! The room was spacious and clean. No thrills but this ain't Vegas. The toilet hummed a little bit and at times was hard to flush but it worked. You can't just browse the pay-per-view movies. If you push the INFO button the movie actually starts and your room is charged for it. So, watch that. The Buffet is good and the casino is big and offers anything you want. I would recommend staying here while in Reno.

• Liked — easy and nice price
  • Disliked — no safe in room
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
hungtinton wv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2008

This trip was for business so it was booked through work. In other words I had no choice in the matter. After reading some of the reviews I was kind of worried but I was pleasantly surprised. My room wasn't the prettiest but it served its purpose. The bed wasn't uncomfortable and the room was clean. My room was on the 32nd floor...I think....and it had a great view. The hotel overall was pretty nice. Different restaurants to pick from. You could go to the buffet, a nice sit down dinner, or a diner. The pool was outside and it was still pretty cold out so it wasn't open. The hot tub was open and it was really nice. The location of the hotel was convenient. I am not really a gambler and it was just a short drive to local malls and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
Troutdale, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2008

We recently stayed two nights at the Silver Legacy in Reno. We had a king room on the corner of the hotel, with two windows. It made the room feel much bigger. We had room service breakfast each morning of our stay. Quick service, great food and reasonable prices.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, quiet, and had a view of the snowy mountains.

We booked this hotel as a package room/airfare. It was a great value for the money. We would stay again.

We would like to compliment Ann at the check-in counter. She was very professional and we were able to get a room before the scheduled check-in time. Thanks, Ann.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Not much to do but gamble.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank GigiPearl
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2008

Silver Legacy is located in the Reno Strip downtown. It is about 10 minutes from the airport and they provide a free shuttle. It is interconnected with two other hotels, El Dorado and Circus Circus. I believe it is the nicest and largest of the three. There are 26 floors and upon check in, they asked me my preference of a lower or upper floor and proximity to the elevators. (Don't stay too close to the elevators, they are loud). Unfortunately, they ran out of my requested King, non smoking room, so I got a 2 queen room instead (not that big of a deal because I would only be there to sleep). At night, they have security to ensure that only hotel patrons are going up to the rooms and you have to show them your room key. They have express check out from your room. You can use your comps from your Silver Legacy player's card to pay incidentals and the mandatory $3/night service charge.

Casino seems cleaner and more upscale than the other 2 hotels. All seating is plush leather and very comfortable. Black jack tables start at $5 minimum dependent on the time of day. Go during mid morning and during the day if you want $5 tables, they will switch to higher limit once the crowd comes in. Majority of the tables are single deck 6:5 (Double only on 10 & 11, No DAS) but there are also 6 deck shoes with automated shufflers. Dealers for the most part are friendly. I did not hear of anyone winning big on slots, but I also wasn't paying attention to them. Went next door to El Dorado and they have single deck and 6 shoe black jack, $5 tables. Went next door to Circus Circus one morning and there were only 4 black jack tables open, minimum $5.

In this 3 hotel complex, there are several restaurants without having to step foot outside. Sterling's is the most upscale. Their breakfast brunch was $26/person. I hear their steak dinners are outstanding. Flavors Buffet is average. There is also an oyster bar/seafood restaurant which I heard was nice. You can use any comp dollars you have earned to help pay for meals. There are also a couple of coffee shops, a Krispy Kreme Donut shop and a food court with hot sandwiches (about $15 for 2 people for sandwich/side- very filling) and mexican cantina which had reasonable prices. We really didn't venture outside much, but there is a McDonald's across the street from Silver Legacy.

Beds were comfortable, but maybe too soft for some. They provide extra pillows. Housekeeping did a good job of making up the rooms in a timely manner. There is a blow dryer and iron in the room. Harrah's is also just down the street.

Overall, I enjoyed this hotel and would definitely return. Many dealers told me that Reno is definitely the place to go if you are primarily gambling, but go to Las Vegas if you are wanting the nightlife and top rated shows as well.

• Liked — Gambling facilities
  • Disliked — Downtown location not in the best part of town
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank satxtraveler
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2008

If you have to visit Reno on business, especially in winter, I would reccomend this place. Parking is really easy and covered. Checkin/checkout is efficient, there are plenty of dining options within walking distance within the complex and a minor light show to watch in the casino. You might even catch an event - they have a comedy club and some kind of venue for bands.

the buffet place is worth the money. I had room service one night and it was quick.

The rooms are clean and the maid service efficient. My only complaints were the useless TV remote and the $50/week wireless Internet charge.

Mainly the place feels safe. You could do a lot worse in Reno in that respect believe me. Its a pretty skanky town.

• Liked — efficiency
  • Disliked — charges for internet
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank everyones-a-critic
Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2008

We stayed at the Silver Legacy for one ight. Rate was 50 dollors med week. We had a very prompt and friendly check in with Kim. I did not like the first room just off the roof. My husband had asked for a lower room so we returned and were given a room on 7th floor. 711 Nice for the value very clean and quiet. We dined at the Oster Bar and had an outstanding meal and the entrees were under 14 dollors. I had a special calamari piccata and my husband had fish and chips made with chilean seabass. We spent some time on the slots in a new smoke free area. All is all this was a terrific value and I would highly recommend it.

• Liked — the location and clean loby and room.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple