We stayed one night at the Silver Legacy in Reno, and it was one night too long. When I made the reservation, I also registered for their Legacy Club in order to possibly get a deal or two while playing. It turned out to help - a little bit.
The lobby was stunning, done in old west style with authentic antiques and very pretty decor. Because we were in the Legacy Club, we were able to skip to the front of the very long registration club and use the special desk for members. Registration was quick and friendly, and we were offered an upgrade to a corner room.
Once we got to our room, we noticed it was a bit shabby. The furniture was worn, and the bulb in the entryway lamp was burned out. The towels in the bathroom were paper thin, and there was no coffeemaker. But, we were in a hurry to get downstairs and have fun, so we didn't make much of an inspection.
Downstairs, the casino was well lit and well ventilated. The games were fun, and the Aura bar was great, with a fantastic bartender named Sean and good music to dance to. We had dinner at the cafe Sedona, which was subpar with an unfriendly waiter, tasteless prime rib and boring wine list.
Back in the room, we got ready for bed. The bed itself? So hard it was almost as bad as sleeping on the floor! The walls were so thin we could hear distinct conversation from next door, plus hear the toilet flushing. We tossed and turned all night, and when we finally got to sleep, were awakened by our neighbor's early wakeup call.
When we got up and opened the curtains, we could see just how shabby the room was. The windows had not been cleaned and had a myriad of face and finger prints all over them. The floor was filthy, and in the vanity/sink area, there were what looked to be blood drops on the carpet!
We got out of there quickly, and upon checkout told the receptionist. Nothing was done to assuage these issues. I will never, ever stay at the Silver Legacy again and would not recommend it to friends or family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the excitement of Silver Legacy Resort Casino, located in the heart of Downtown Reno. Elegance and luxury surrounds you with over 1,700 rooms and suites. Immerse yourself in the captivating atmosphere of this beautiful hotel, where the Sierra Mountains create an exquisite backdrop for your getaway; offering world-class skiing, golfing and outdoor activities just minutes from the comfort of your spacious Reno hotel room. Silver Legacy Resort Casino offers all of the amenities you've come to expect from a modern mega resort, and yet still emphasizes the award-winning customer service that the property has built its reputation on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Silver Legacy Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Legacy Hotel Reno
- Silver Legacy Resort Casino
- Silver Legacy Resort And Casino Reno, Nevada